[WIP]Airships - Update 0.2.7 [22 Sept 2020]

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
King of Worms

Re: [WIP]Airships Mod Update 0.2.0 - Charter Flights (9/27)

Post by King of Worms »

Perfect, thanks a lot!!

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Im quite sure this should be moved to released mods...

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Hi Kaedius,

I think you might be the one to let know about this mod idea I had... its about the flying horse, the pegasus :D

You can see a vid and some info about it here if interrested.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2082
Last edited by King of Worms on Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Any reason I shouldn't move this to Released Mods, Kaedius?

Kaedius

Post by Kaedius »

King of Worms wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:33 pm Hi Kaedius,

I think you might be the one to let know about this mod idea I had... its about the flying horse, the pegasus :D

You can see a vid and some info about it here if interrested.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2082
Very cool idea! A creative way of obtaining one is probably the biggest issue and I haven't touched quest creation yet. Maybe double tapping jump could toggle flight mode if you've got the pegasus so you can still run around and jump like a normal horse too. I might toy around with it if I find the time and no one else is working on it.
Jay_H wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:34 pm Any reason I shouldn't move this to Released Mods, Kaedius?
Not that I'm aware, it's in a stable state and I haven't had any reports of game-breaking bugs, it's just missing some future features. If it can be moved, that would be great.

ZerioctheTank

Post by ZerioctheTank »

I definitely want to say that this totally fits in with the archaeologist guild beautifully. Imagine your capstone quest revolving around chasing rumors of an airship, and eventually finding the location of one that's still intact. It could be hidden away with an ancient vampire that doesn't want to give it up. Either way this looks phenomenal, and I'll be keeping this mod in mind for my next playthrough.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

I tested latest version and I like it, I have 2 ideas tho:

1st - charter flights - the NPC riding the ship was a female thief :) it ok, but she was in a walking animation while standing still at the steering wheel. If you can make her just stand it would be cool. Or maybe replace her with this pirate guy?
357_4-0.png
357_4-0.png (593.3 KiB) Viewed 2574 times
2nd - the ships dont accept new textures, they are vanilla low res, normal ships with the DREAM mod are HD, not sure if its possible to change that?

Anyway, great stuff, thank you :)

PS: the charter NPC at the gates of daggerfall was flying 2m above the ground

Kaedius

Post by Kaedius »

That's the guy I had used at first! Ultimately though, without the back/side view like the enemies have I thought it looked even stranger having this immobile fella who rotates/stares at you the whole time. The thief is still a bit of a place-holder, I'd like to use one of the more civilian looking mobile npcs instead here soon as well as stop the walking. But that guy is perfect looking as a pilot...

As far as the textures, I'm not quite sure but definitely would like for them to use DREAM if possible. It's a custom airship model so currently it uses the textures pulled from the model viewing tool. It's somewhat low priority but I'll try experimenting with that soon.

I've seen the floating charter guy occasionally, I'm not too sure why he does that. Hopefully will get that fixed for the next version.

Leeux

Post by Leeux »

Kaedius wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:02 pm I've seen the floating charter guy occasionally, I'm not too sure why he does that. Hopefully will get that fixed for the next version.
Heya Kaedius!

About the flying guy... it also happened to me, it seems to happen when you're teleported via normal travel to the city entrances (i.e. for me it happens when I use Mage's guild teleport or normal ship travel) and they seem to spawn just on top of your char at the same location, at least that's what I would guess... could that be possible?

Kaedius

Post by Kaedius »

Leeux wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:22 pm
Heya Kaedius!

About the flying guy... it also happened to me, it seems to happen when you're teleported via normal travel to the city entrances (i.e. for me it happens when I use Mage's guild teleport or normal ship travel) and they seem to spawn just on top of your char at the same location, at least that's what I would guess... could that be possible?
Yes, that sounds very likely to be the problem. It's trying to locate the ground to align to, but the player is spawned there and it adjusts to that instead, possibly. Thanks for the information.