[WIP]Airships - Update 0.2.7 [22 Sept 2020]

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Leeux

Re: [WIP]Airships Mod Update 0.2.0 - Charter Flights (9/27)

Post by Leeux »

Kaedius wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:44 pm Yes, that sounds very likely to be the problem. It's trying to locate the ground to align to, but the player is spawned there and it adjusts to that instead, possibly. Thanks for the information.
No problem! Is not an big issue at all, just a cosmetic one IMO :)

But first time it happened to me it actually spooked me :P I turned around and I saw this big giant person behind me, it looked humongously big! Until I moved away and the perspective made it look normal again... I wish I could have saved a screenie :lol:

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

Kaedius wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:17 am Just posted a new update! I didn't get to test this as thoroughly as I'd like, please let me know if there are any oddities regarding loot storage as I made some changes.

Also curious to hear opinions on charter flight restrictions and costs. It's fairly cheap at the moment. but I'm heavily biased towards keeping this balanced against Tedious Travel and not using fast-travel, so I like the idea of keeping costs higher and flights slightly less convenient in order to encourage flying close to a destination and then hoofing it from there rather than direct flights everywhere.

Also think adding some sort of fuel that needs to be bought might be on the menu.
Yes keep it expensive..
You're still gonna be able to use it late game, you just get too rich at some point, that's what ALWAYS happens..
But when you start, ahhh it's gonna be just another one of those things you need, that you want...
YEAH the fuel idea sounds COOOOOL !
Make it Dragon scales, or one of those ancient tombs...
Those are the few ingredients I find are actually worth something, easy to spot, not too much of them in the loot, and I find enough through each playthrough to make it actually a feasible (you could sell em, or you could use em (they're worth good money when you're starting out)).
It's a conundrum, I like the idea...
Check out my YouTube Channel!

pango

Post by pango »

Some exception with 0.10.8:

Code: Select all

Error (1061): Type `DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.UserInterface.IUserInterfaceWindow' does not contain a definition for `CloseWindow' and no extension method `CloseWindow' of type `DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.UserInterface.IUserInterfaceWindow' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?
Error (): 0(138,21): Airships.AirshipsCharterManager.GetCharterInfo()
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Midknightprince

I think this one stopped working with 0.10.11.

They are not showing up in wayrest and that's where I'm at, anybody confirm this or is it just me ?

I haven't seen any of the merchants for the rental lately either, I just noticed..

Kaedius

Post by Kaedius »

Sorry for the late response, I should have updated this post sooner. Check the nexus link for an updated version that works with 0.10.8+

On the next update:

So I was originally going to decorate the ship and add lights, but I got pulled in the direction of letting the player customize the interior themselves. Here's a little video of how it's shaping up:

I'm tempted to spin it off as its own mod, allowing you to decorate player homes and regular ships too if I can but haven't looked into it yet.

Should be ready soonish for release, and then I'll start working on making it more dangerous while flying than it currently is.

haloterm

Post by haloterm »

Kaedius wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:43 am Should be ready soonish for release, and then I'll start working on making it more dangerous while flying than it currently is.
Interior customization looks good! :)

By the way, I use the airships in combination with tedious travel (which is very handy, because otherwise long travels would be very hard) and warm ashes. Sometimes, warm ashes events occur during flight (usally only non-hostile stuff, but which still could naturally only occur when walking on the ground).

pango

Post by pango »

Kaedius wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:43 am So I was originally going to decorate the ship and add lights, but I got pulled in the direction of letting the player customize the interior themselves. Here's a little video of how it's shaping up:

Crazy stuff!
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

BoneofMalkav

Post by BoneofMalkav »

Kaedius wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:43 am Sorry for the late response, I should have updated this post sooner. Check the nexus link for an updated version that works with 0.10.8+

On the next update:

So I was originally going to decorate the ship and add lights, but I got pulled in the direction of letting the player customize the interior themselves. Here's a little video of how it's shaping up:

I'm tempted to spin it off as its own mod, allowing you to decorate player homes and regular ships too if I can but haven't looked into it yet.

Should be ready soonish for release, and then I'll start working on making it more dangerous while flying than it currently is.
Awesome can't wait for that. Also, as some one on the youtube comments said, I hope to see this ported over to player owned houses as well.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Yeah that looks really cool. How are you storing these placements? Do you have code somewhere on github? This is so good for player ship and house decorating, an in-game editor essentially.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Midknightprince

I can confirm the airships work again, now I have to actually mess with this thing thank you for fixing it :D

Okay I'm taking it from wayrest to Daggerfall, see what happens..
It seems like around the walls you get stuck when you get off your ship sometimes, and that's pretty sneaky with no levitating around it ( I guess to circumvent an exploit ?), and once the driver spawned in the air floating next to the boat, so when I could levitate to him when I clicked on him, him and the boat just floated off ( and he was just walking in place next to it the whole time).
So just do a quick save before you call something if you're broke..
Maybe it's just cuz I loaded it up and it needs a bit I'll see what happens.
The ropes can be tricky to click on, that could just be one of the mods though, and I don't think the boat textures are using the king of worms textures which it seems like it should because the boats you pay for do..
Maybe I'm Wrong, it could just be this reshade everything looks crazy with it.

I'm thinking cannons, cannons and let us dye the sail black with a red dragon ( yeah you don't need cannons but who cares), and maybe put a skull on front of the boat ( I know it probably can't be done, just sayin).

Edit: this thing is less stressful than the 3D trees, it's seriously just like going really fast on a horse for me, doesn't bump that much at all.

It's like a nice slow Glide over the hills, pretty wicked.
How much you want to bet in 20 years someone's going to make a disco room mod for your boat with this :lol:
A disco ball, a stereo, I could see it happening...