[WIP]Airships - Update 0.2.7 [22 Sept 2020]

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Kaedius

Re: [WIP]Airships - Update 0.2.5 (9 May 2020)

Post by Kaedius »

Behr11 wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 9:27 pm I'm having a major issue where I cannot board any airships.

I interact with the rope, and it teleports me slightly higher, but not on the ship. I'm stuck in airship mode and my vertical movement is synced with the airship.

This is making the mod unplayable because I can't actually get on the airship. Do you have a fix?
Yes, I'll go ahead and get that fix out likely tomorrow. I was going to make some other changes but I've dived into a bit too much code mutilation to feel comfortable releasing the other changes without more testing. In the meantime, make sure you aren't moving when you click the ropes and it should work fine.

In other news, I'm by no means an artist, but I managed to stumble my way through blender to create a balloon ship!
2020_05_18_12_49_42.png
2020_05_18_12_49_42.png (1.47 MiB) Viewed 2310 times
I think it looks a bit like a flying potato, but as a first-pass I think it gets the job done. Lucky for me, terrible looking models tend to fit right in in Daggerfall :D

Kaedius

Re: [WIP]Airships - Update 0.2.6 (26 May 2020)

Post by Kaedius »

OK, new update is out to fix the rope embarking getting stuck bug. Next up is a small update allowing a bit more customization of sails/the balloon airship option.

Nomadic Wolf

Re: [WIP]Airships - Update 0.2.5 (9 May 2020)

Post by Nomadic Wolf »

In other news, I'm by no means an artist, but I managed to stumble my way through blender to create a balloon ship!
Just what I wanted. This baloon shape will do for me. Thanks!

Jish

Re: [WIP]Airships - Update 0.2.4 (22 Feb 2020)

Post by Jish »

Kaedius wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 4:49 pm
Jish wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 5:38 am posted on the nexus as well, but figured i would make one here too. seems like my player gets attached to the ropes after a ride. happened all of a sudden, and i didnt even change the settings yet, made a video to show whats going on
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKCNxFk8IuI
My next priority is to finally get that bug fixed. Does it happen every time for you or is it intermittent?

I apologize for the extremely late reply, happy summer! But it happens at random it seems. I just use a gentle fall spell and call it a day. I guess saying this might help, traveling to very far cities, I would imagine like Moving from the east end of Daggerfall to the west end, causes this more often.

Midknightprince

Re: [WIP]Airships - Update 0.2.4 (22 Feb 2020)

Post by Midknightprince »

Jish wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:48 am
Kaedius wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 4:49 pm
Jish wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 5:38 am posted on the nexus as well, but figured i would make one here too. seems like my player gets attached to the ropes after a ride. happened all of a sudden, and i didnt even change the settings yet, made a video to show whats going on
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKCNxFk8IuI
My next priority is to finally get that bug fixed. Does it happen every time for you or is it intermittent?

I apologize for the extremely late reply, happy summer! But it happens at random it seems. I just use a gentle fall spell and call it a day. I guess saying this might help, traveling to very far cities, I would imagine like Moving from the east end of Daggerfall to the west end, causes this more often.
To circumvent this, before you "click" on the rope to go down, watch the rope..
"IF" the lover part (not connected to the railing) bobs up and down, DON'T GO DOWN THAT ROPE, find another, and ISN'T bobbing.
Using this method to debark I have not gotten stuck once (and I know what you're talking about-happend last night for me).
So just try that for the time being until it gets resolved.
Check out my YouTube Channel!

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

I want to request you make this compatible with interesting terrains..
In .24 and up (so far) they are not quite compatible (the boat shakes alot, once you get on, you can't get off, it gets stuck in hills, and you also fall off alot).
It still works with everything else I'm playing with though.
Check out my YouTube Channel!

BoneofMalkav

Post by BoneofMalkav »

Works fine with DFU 0.10.26 but I noticed it doesn't play well with Hazelnut's Travel Options mod (Doesn't interrupt fast travel as it does with Tedious Travel after selecting a destination.)

Kaedius

Post by Kaedius »

Midknightprince wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:18 pm I want to request you make this compatible with interesting terrains..
In .24 and up (so far) they are not quite compatible (the boat shakes alot, once you get on, you can't get off, it gets stuck in hills, and you also fall off alot).
It still works with everything else I'm playing with though.
I'll take a look at compatibility with Interesting Terrains, though I may need to re-work autopilot quite a bit so I can't be sure how long it'll take (it could use it anyways).
BoneofMalkav wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:36 pm Works fine with DFU 0.10.26 but I noticed it doesn't play well with Hazelnut's Travel Options mod (Doesn't interrupt fast travel as it does with Tedious Travel after selecting a destination.)
Thank you, uploaded a quick fix for compatibility with Travel Options.

haloterm

Post by haloterm »

Kaedius wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:07 pm Thank you, uploaded a quick fix for compatibility with Travel Options.
Is the balloon ship option already a part of the mod?

haloterm

Re: [WIP]Airships - Update 0.2.7 [22 Sept 2020]

Post by haloterm »

Another observation: In the new version, in DF 0.10.26, I can still charter a ship, but it does not start the travel when I activate the steering wheel?

Activating the thief only gives the info "you see a thief".

It also gives me a huge ship, whereas in previous version, only a small boat was arriving when chartered (IIRC)