[MOD] Improved Interior Lighting [October 2020 - v1.0.3]

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
ShortBeard

Re: [MOD] Improved Interior Lighting

Post by ShortBeard »

Hey KoW
Thanks for all that! It's really appreciated. I've sent you a private message so hopefully you can help me tackle the issue with some more information :)

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Ok so after some testing we sound out Im using 1.0.1 version of the mod and not the latest 1.0.2 where the Dungeon fireplaces are already disabled thus this "bug" cant manifest. My bad. Sorry for making a fuss about it. Should have checked Im using the latest version before making the report :oops:

Thanks for cooperation and a great mod :lol:

erebus93

Post by erebus93 »

was playing around with the lighting settings and got something i liked, but noticed some torches are a bit funky.
Spoiler!
ImageImage
just what i was wanting. really important if you want to play with darker lighting. the default torches not making any light was really awkward looking and stood out. thanks a ton for this!

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

This mod is conflicting with Hand painted Replacement somehow..
The skull candles on the ground don't work when both are enabled.
I tracked it down to these two, changed load order etc, same thing..

I think he enabled the Torches in the last few updates ( he added 3D skull torches), but they're the standing skull torches, not the ones on the ground maybe that has something to do with it, maybe not...

All I know is I tested it for a bit and I came up with these two.
Attachments
Handpainted&Improved
Handpainted&Improved
Handpainted&Improvedon.jpg (161.58 KiB) Viewed 2983 times
HandpaintedNoImproved
HandpaintedNoImproved
HandpaintedonImprovedoff.jpg (254.26 KiB) Viewed 2983 times
ImprovedNoHandpainted
ImprovedNoHandpainted
ImprovedonHandpaintedoff.jpg (275.75 KiB) Viewed 2983 times
Check out my YouTube Channel!

Dracosophy

Post by Dracosophy »

Is this normal / okay?
imp int light error 1.2.jpg
imp int light error 1.2.jpg (100.09 KiB) Viewed 2593 times
"Dra-kohso-fee" A word I created to express interest in truth & the study of danger(s).
Draco meaning: snake, serpent, or dragon (metaphorical 'ultimate challenge')
-sophy (from Greek) meaning: knowledge of-, understanding or wisdom.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

I downloaded and opened it fine right now. Either something's wrong with your download instance or your WinRAR ;)

theicedevil

Post by theicedevil »

Midknightprince wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:04 pm This mod is conflicting with Hand painted Replacement somehow..
The skull candles on the ground don't work when both are enabled.
I tracked it down to these two, changed load order etc, same thing..

I think he enabled the Torches in the last few updates ( he added 3D skull torches), but they're the standing skull torches, not the ones on the ground maybe that has something to do with it, maybe not...

All I know is I tested it for a bit and I came up with these two.
I can confirm this and you can get examples all over Privateer's Hold. I believe it has to do something with the scripts in IIL, because it even turns off lights that are not even changed by Hand Painted Models. There are several examples to be found when using IIL and HPM together. First is the candle light in the first long hallway, in the corner right after the first room with the Imp. This has a light that is not replaced by HPM and the light is turned off when ILL and HPM are used together. This is why I think this bug is caused by the scripting in IIL. Also, the other Imp room with the circle of skull candles and the podium that activates the bookshelf. There is no light where the candle lit skulls are. Final missing light is the short hallway the leads the room with the Skeleton just past the Exit Room. The large magical looking light that is right next the the entrance is not emitting any light with both mods activated together.

Now, If I disable "dungeon lights" in the IIL settings the lights that are off come back again. The other reason why I believe it's the scripting that is to blame. These bugs don't break the game, but it's a big enough issue that I just disable the dungeons lights in the IIL settings and deal with the vanilla lighting in the dungeons. So far I haven't seen any issues with other interiors or outdoor lighting and I love the fireplace lighting and lighting in building interiors, which is why I still use this mod. Only the Dungeons seem to be broken in parts.

Stelcio

Post by Stelcio »

Dracosophy wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:29 am Is this normal / okay?
imp int light error 1.2.jpg
Jay_H wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:25 am I downloaded and opened it fine right now. Either something's wrong with your download instance or your WinRAR ;)
Yes, the file is indeed fine. That said I had the exact same issue for some reason, using 7-Zip. I just used extract.me website to convert the file to zip and it worked fine.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Excellent, thanks for the tip.

altug

Post by altug »

Is it possible to add flicker effects to player torch?