[MOD] Improved Interior Lighting [October 2020 - v1.0.3]

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
mikeprichard

Re: [MOD] Improved Interior Lighting

Post by mikeprichard »

Glad to hear it's still working without potential issues, at least for now. I don't really do Discord, but if anyone wants to get in touch with the author to see if he would be interested in "future-proofing" the mod by releasing the source, that would be good!

BadLuckBurt

Post by BadLuckBurt »

mikeprichard wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:11 pm Glad to hear it's still working without potential issues, at least for now. I don't really do Discord, but if anyone wants to get in touch with the author to see if he would be interested in "future-proofing" the mod by releasing the source, that would be good!
There's actually a link to the github in the OP: https://github.com/ShortBeard/DFUnity_I ... ior_Lights
DFU on UESP: https://en.uesp.net/w/index.php?title=T ... fall_Unity
DFU Nexus Mods: https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfallunity
My github repositories with mostly DFU related stuff: https://github.com/BadLuckBurt

pango

Post by pango »

There's some incompatibiltiy issue between this mod and the (partially-)transparent NPCs (ghosts, wraiths) added in 0.10.24:
2020_08_30_10_05_07.jpg
2020_08_30_10_05_07.jpg (106.63 KiB) Viewed 2466 times
Attachments
SAVE764.zip
(241.22 KiB) Downloaded 129 times
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Hm, I wonder what could be causing that. I based part of my Torch Taker code off this mod. As far as I remember, all it really does is strip out all the light sources and then place new lightsources with other strength and hue values.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

It makes the mob sprite canvas visible for some reason in this specific case of ghosts having the alpha transparency.
It somehow applies the semi-transparency of the mob to the canvas, which should be 100% transparent and invisible.
And at the same time, it makes the mob non-transparent.
But dont ask me why ;)

JarekStorm

Post by JarekStorm »

If you turn the mob shadow casting option off in the Improved Interior Lighting mod, this black square bug goes away. I assume it’s an issue with shadows and these new ghost models.

I literally took screenshots of this yesterday and was going to post them here. Weird.

Edit- The Option is actually under “Dungeons,” and is called “Enemy Shadows.” Turn this off and the black squares go away.

pango

Post by pango »

You're correct.
But what's kinda unfortunate is, without that mod enemies do have shadows (except ghosts, wraiths and vampires I think, that don't have a shadow on purpose); Whereas with this mod and this setting off, enemies indeed all lose their shadows...
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

JarekStorm

Post by JarekStorm »

Aye, it’s disappointing. Maybe knowing it’s the shadow setting causing the problem on those new models for some reason is enough to be a starting point for the modder or some other skilled programmer here to begin looking for a fix? Here’s hoping!

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

That shadow problem indeed is very depressing. DFU loses lots of its visual appeal without this mod. :(
Edit: Would it be possible to get an option or files to change those transparent enemies back to what they were before 0.10.24?

Regnier

Post by Regnier »

i cant seem to change my players torch color.

im also not 100% sure its working, whats a huge tell to know if its working? i guess just shadows?
Thanks