IMPORTANT - PLAYERS WITH V0.1.1 OR EARLIER, UPGRADE IMMEDIATELY TO AVOID SAVE0 BEING OVERWRITTEN
Ironman at Daggerfall Unity Nexus (mirror)
- INFORMATION -
This modification allows you to optionally play Daggerfall in "Ironman" mode. At the beginning of each NEW game, you will be asked if you want to enable Ironman mode. Enabling Ironman mode will prevent you from being able to reload the game during gameplay. Additionally, ALL saves under that character's name will be deleted when you die - EVEN ONES THAT WERE CREATED BEFORE IRONMAN WAS INSTALLED. The mod should have no noticeable effect on previously-existing games.
Quicksaves in Ironman mode will be named "(Ironman) Current" and you will not be able to load any game other than "(Ironman) Current" (if it exists) or "(Ironman) Start" (if a "Current" save doesn't exist) when trying to load a game for a character with Ironman saves. This behavior can be overriden by holding down the SHIFT key. Again, when playing an Ironman game, you will not be able to load a game or Quickload a game during gameplay.
Though there should not be an issue, it's recommended that you make a backup of all of your saves before playing with this mod enabled.
- COMPATIBILITY -
No known issues at this time.
- FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS -
Q: Will this mod work with my previously-created characters?
A: No. A new character must be created to play an Ironman game.
Q: What if I want to play a non-Ironman game? Do I need to disable the mod?
A: No. When you enter the game, just select "No" when the mod asks if you want to play Ironman.
Q: Will this mod affect my other saves?
A: It shouldn't, as long as you use a fresh character name for Ironman games. Make a backup just in case.
Q: My game bugged out and I have a backup save that can correct the issue, but I can't load it. Help?
A: From the main menu, click Load Game, and then hold down the SHIFT key.
Q: I died and all of my saves except for the "(Ironman) Start" save were deleted!
A: It's a perma-death mod. Ironman characters should never use the same name as any other character.
Q: When I press my Quicksave key, I see the game has saved, but I don't see a Quicksave in my saves list?
A: For Ironman games, "Quicksave" is renamed to "(Ironman) Current"
Q: Why can't I delete my "(Ironman) Start" save?
A: All saves under the character's name must be deleted before you can delete the "(Ironman) Start" save.
Q: Why can't I save over my "(Ironman) Start" save?
A: Because it's your starting point. The start save only exists to save you time in character creation.
Q: Why can't I load my "(Ironman) Start" save?
A: You likely have an "(Ironman) Current" save already. That one must be deleted first (dying works too).
Q: Why doesn't the load button on the in-game pause menu work?
A: You cannot load games (including quickloading) when playing an Ironman game.
- Changelog -
- Disabled "disable pausing" for now. It caused too many issues with the game and wasn't ready for
release yet anyway. Enabling it in the Ironman settings mod menu won't do anything.
- Fixed a bug where SAVE0 would be overwritten at the start of the game. Saves were not being enumerated by Daggerfall Unity that early on, causing the game to think none existed at the point of saving. Sorry!
- Added mod setting to disable exiting the game when enemies are nearby. The process can still be killed.
- Added mod setting to disable pausing. Gameplay will NEVER be paused (including ANY menus) when enabled. This isn't fully finished yet because 0.1.2 is a rush release due to the SAVE0 bug.
- Slightly beautified the Ironman messages at game start.
- Fixed an incredibly minor issue where the "Delete Save" and Save/Load buttons would display when first opening the Save Game or Load Game menus.
- Adjusted how saves were deleted to address a possible bug.
- When playing an Ironman game, the game will now be saved when you attempt to exit the game. This includes by using the pause menu's exit button, Alt-F4/CMD-Q, and killing the task.
- First release.