[Update TBA] The Ironman Module Pack

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
DFIronman

Re: Ironman and Ironman Game Systems v0.2.4 (12/08/2019)

Post by DFIronman »

Seferoth wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:47 pm Hey Ironman, you aware that your mod wont work with the latest DFU version? Noticed it today.
Nope, I wasn't. Thanks for letting me know!
Hazelnut wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:08 pm Hopefully it will be a quick and simple fix for you. I'm assuming that it's just the change in the way formula are overridden now that prevents the mod from working in 0.10.15. See https://github.com/Interkarma/daggerfal ... /pull/1642 for more details.

If you need any help give me a shout, my mods were really easy to adjust.
Hey, I appreciate it. This is probably going to take me a little while to fix because of the way I did certain things to allow compatibility between your and my mods. I have to figure out how I'm going to do that with the new system, now that formula overrides respect load priority (and I probably should as well).

For now, if you want to play Ironman/Ironman Game Systems, you'll need to play with DFU 0.10.14

Hazelnut

Re: Ironman and Ironman Game Systems v0.2.4 (12/08/2019)

Post by Hazelnut »

DFIronman wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:57 am Hey, I appreciate it. This is probably going to take me a little while to fix because of the way I did certain things to allow compatibility between your and my mods. I have to figure out how I'm going to do that with the new system, now that formula overrides respect load priority (and I probably should as well).

For now, if you want to play Ironman/Ironman Game Systems, you'll need to play with DFU 0.10.14
I didn't realise there was any overlap between our mods. If we work together it should be easy enough to have the mods cooperate I think. If that is not feasible, then there's now a way for mods to specify dependencies for order relative to other mods.

Please could you get in touch and we can see what the best route forward is for compatability.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

L57

Re: [Not compatible with 0.10.15+ - Update TBA] Ironman and Ironman Game Systems v0.2.4 (12/08/2019)

Post by L57 »

Ironman Game Systems is a must-have for thief/burglar roleplay. Classic exploits such as "free" robbing at nights just ruins all fun in this regard. Thanks for this mod! Can't wait for update compatible with latest DFU :D

L57

Re: [Not compatible with 0.10.15+ - Update TBA] Ironman and Ironman Game Systems v0.2.4 (12/08/2019)

Post by L57 »

When in a shop after hours, you can no longer freely clear out the shelves. You will be subject to the same checks as if you were robbing a home.
Are these checks the same as if you steal in a store instead of buying? It's potentially controversial moment in IGS.

If you have both robbing checks AND a chance to be caught by guards every 10 seconds while in shop after hours, it destroys the incentive to organize night robberies.

As I understand, with this mod player have the same stealing checks during the day, as after hours. That means it's always more effective to rob the shops when it's open (because there is no unexpected check by guards in the daytime and you don't have to unlock the door). Unless my understanding of mechanics is wrong, it should really be reworked.

For example, could make especially high thresholds for theft in the afternoon, or make it easier to steal at night, but still keep 'caught-by-guards' check while indoors every 10 or 5 seconds.

OR alternatively keep free looting in shops at night, but make 'caught-by-guards' check every second or two. Must be really quick then. :roll: The latter variant is the most reasonable to me and most 'authentic' to the dev's original idea.

Daedros

Post by Daedros »

Posted this on the Nexus page for the mod, but currently the Gauntlet/Boot material does not contribute to the +To Hit chance like material does for weapons. I have an easier time landing hits on an Ancient Lich with a Daedric Mace and Blunt Weapon skill of 43, than i do with my HtH skill of 84 and Daedric Gauntlets/Boots. Daedric should give a +60 To Hit modifier.
https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Wea ... _Modifiers

emmathepony

Post by emmathepony »

I take it this mod isn't compatible whatsoever with the latest March build?

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

emmathepony wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:31 pm I take it this mod isn't compatible whatsoever with the latest March build?
Maybe some bits and pieces still work, but generally speaking? No.

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Still no new update on this mod? Shame, i really liked this one. :(

Lokkrin Zhataros

Post by Lokkrin Zhataros »

Seferoth wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:39 pm Still no new update on this mod? Shame, i really liked this one. :(
Same here. I liked using elements of the IronMan Game Systems. Hopefully someone will make an alternative to this mod, if the original author doesn't return. It doesn't look like there's a Github source for this project (as far as I can tell), so someone will have to start from scratch, I'm guessing.

CringingDragon

Post by CringingDragon »

Avoided playing Daggerfall until this saw and update but looks like I'm still going to be waiting. Great mod, def hope it sees an update soon.