[Update TBA] The Ironman Module Pack

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
DFIronman

Re: [MOD] Ironman v0.1.3

Post by DFIronman »

Vondur wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:25 pm

To be continued... Thank you so much for the mod, enjoying it so much! How am I going to be able to play normal after this?
Haha that's awesome. Congrats on 1k subs! I think you're really going to enjoy the next release, man. Some fantastic changes are coming.
Jay_H wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:54 pm An idea someone gave on the Adventure Art stream is to mix Ironman and Persistent Dungeons: if your character dies, all the dungeons maintain their progress for your next character. It's like the world continues on without you :)

Ironman does AMAZING stuff for Daggerfall. It literally changes how the entire game feels and works. It is awesome.
That's a clever idea and probably not hard to do, but wouldn't it be potentially game-breaking? I feel like it could cause issues with quests. Also, thanks for the support and all the help you've given me in testing!

DFIronman

Re: Ironman and Ironman Game Systems v0.2.0 (10/07/2019)

Post by DFIronman »

v0.2.0 is out! This release is huge and adds a new .dfmod as well. Check the original post for more info!

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Blimey, that's a very impressive list of modifications.. good job! I'm amazed you managed to achieve all this without needing to request support code to the core and just using reflection. Do you have the code in a repo somewhere? I'm quite curious to take a look, if you don't mind of course.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Vondur

Post by Vondur »

ABSOLUTELY GREAT! I LOVE IT! So happy womgli died so I can do another ironman stream soon with this version! Hahaha.

Just to make sure: So we can also use these settings on already existing non Ironman characters by using the IRONMAN game systems? I really want to use this on the MAD GENIUS when I pick that up!
Adventure Art: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLFHRO ... VAelOQrl3Q

Let's Play Daggerfall Unity, DARK KNIGHT (No magicka): https://youtu.be/CO_WHL1cjNU

Let's Play Daggerfall Unity, MAD GENIUS: https://youtu.be/gPL9xKpvet0

DFIronman

Post by DFIronman »

Hazelnut wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:52 pm Blimey, that's a very impressive list of modifications.. good job! I'm amazed you managed to achieve all this without needing to request support code to the core and just using reflection. Do you have the code in a repo somewhere? I'm quite curious to take a look, if you don't mind of course.
Not yet, but I'll look into setting up repositories in the near future. Some of the code isn't pretty and could use a formatting cleanup. Also, my reflection library is unfinished, which I was intending to speed up to almost native speed but ran into some stumbling blocks that I didn't want to bother trying to fix yet. Mostly though, I make a good effort to keep performance in mind.

And yeah, the mods are basically workaround after workaround in order to make stuff happen. There are definitely some hacky things in there, but nothing that would adversely affect the game unless there's a bug I didn't catch. I've definitely been tempted to request support code in the core on probably most of my changes haha.

If you have any specific questions or things that you're curious about, feel free to DM me or hit me up on Jay_H's Discord server and I'll be happy to help and/or share some code with you.
Vondur wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:07 pm ABSOLUTELY GREAT! I LOVE IT! So happy womgli died so I can do another ironman stream soon with this version! Hahaha.

Just to make sure: So we can also use these settings on already existing non Ironman characters by using the IRONMAN game systems? I really want to use this on the MAD GENIUS when I pick that up!
Yes, I don't think anything in Ironman Game Systems would require you to start a new game in order to take effect. You should play with the Ironman mod (but not necessarily Ironman mode) enabled as well so you can be executed for your crimes!

I haven't gotten too far with your Ironman streams yet because I've been so busy, but I'm looking forward to seeing what happens (condolences to Womgli). I really enjoy your work; glad you're a fan of the mods!

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

I want to doubly emphasize that Ironman Game Systems is an independent mod from Ironman, so you don't need to sign up for permadeath just to have more realistic shoplifting. You can choose the one, the other, or both.

Remember that we'll probably run into some bugs now that it's released, but I for one am incredibly excited for the current release and the future ones :D

DFIronman

Post by DFIronman »

Jay_H wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:17 pm I want to doubly emphasize that Ironman Game Systems is an independent mod from Ironman, so you don't need to sign up for permadeath just to have more realistic shoplifting. You can choose the one, the other, or both.

Remember that we'll probably run into some bugs now that it's released, but I for one am incredibly excited for the current release and the future ones :D
Also, playing with the Ironman mod enabled doesn't mean that you have to play Ironman mode. Ironman gameplay is always optional at the start of a new game. The Ironman mod is where execution is added to the legal system, so many players will want to play with both Ironman and Ironman Game Systems enabled, regardless of their perma-death status.

Also, again, huge thanks to Jay_H who helped me test before this release!

Vondur

Post by Vondur »

Great! So is there a way to actually enable full ironman mode on a already existing character or is it only available for a new one?
Adventure Art: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLFHRO ... VAelOQrl3Q

Let's Play Daggerfall Unity, DARK KNIGHT (No magicka): https://youtu.be/CO_WHL1cjNU

Let's Play Daggerfall Unity, MAD GENIUS: https://youtu.be/gPL9xKpvet0

DFIronman

Post by DFIronman »

Vondur wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:31 pm Great! So is there a way to actually enable full ironman mode on a already existing character or is it only available for a new one?
I'll PM you.

Edit: Message sent.

DFIronman

Re: Ironman and Ironman Game Systems v0.2.1 (10/13/2019)

Post by DFIronman »

Updated to v0.2.1. This version now enables (non-quest-generated) enemies to chase you in and out of dungeons/buildings! This is expected to be quirky/buggy, but has worked with no issues so far with my minimal playtesting. Give it a try with Persistent Dungeons!

Additionally, the "Disable Exiting Near Enemies" setting was renamed and will need to be disabled again, if you play without that setting enabled.

The original post was updated, but since the changelog is relatively small, here it is:
v0.2.1 -

[Ironman]
  • Updated Ironman to work with the renaming of the "Disable Exiting Near Enemies" setting in IGS.
[Ironman Game Systems]
  • Renamed "Disable Exiting Near Enemies" to "Disable Quitting Near Enemies" for clarification. If you had this setting previously disabled, you will need to disable it again.
  • Added the "Enemies Transition With You" setting. When enabled, this will allow any and all enemies (except for enemies added by a quest) to follow you in and out of dungeons and buildings. This is compatible with Persistent Dungeons in that enemies will not be duplicated during the transition.
  • Gloves and boots will now take damage when using them in Hand-to-Hand combat IF the setting for "Use Armor Material In Hand to Hand" is enabled. Since they can already take damage as armor, there's a 50% less chance for them to take damage versus a normal weapon when being used to punch or kick.
  • When creating a new character and having the game answer the character creation questions for you, the ebony dagger will now be replaced by a silver dagger IF the "Nerf Ebony Dagger Question" option is enabled in the Ironman Game Systems settings menu.
  • You will now get a message popup when guards are summoned due to your traipsing around closed shops.