[Update TBA] The Ironman Module Pack

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Laicus

Re: [Not compatible with 0.10.15+ - Update TBA] Ironman and Ironman Game Systems v0.2.4 (12/08/2019)

Post by Laicus »

For real ironmen, it would not be superfluous to have an option that completely prohibits rest outside of taverns, so that only loiter is possible.

DFIronman

Re: [Will Be Updated for 0.10.26] Ironman Module Pack (Update Coming SOON)

Post by DFIronman »

Well, as everyone in the Discord knows, Ironman is coming back. v0.3.0 should be out with the next release of DFU. This next release has a huge amount of changes - some of which I'll summarize in the next post.
Jeoshua wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:06 pm Sorry to drop this on you just after an update, but I just noticed a problem with "Use Armor Material in Hand to Hand".
Thank you for reporting this and giving a great, in-depth suggestion. I decided to implement a modified version of what you suggested. Here's an excerpt from the changelog:

Code: Select all

* When enabled, the "Use Material Checks in Hand to Hand" option will require you to either wear plate
gloves of sufficient material or have sufficient hand-to-hand "pseudo-material level" in order to
damage certain enemies (lycanthropes, vampire, imps, etc.). For example, if you have silver gauntlets
equipped, you will be able to damaged werewolves. However, if you have chain, leather, or no gloves
equipped, hand-to-hand material level will be based on your hand-to-hand skill (+1 for every 20 points),
whether or not you have expertise in hand-to-hand (+1), and whether or not you're in wereform (+1).
Thanks to Jeoshua for the skeleton of this idea (and for pointing out the issue to begin with).
L57 wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:13 pm Are these checks the same as if you steal in a store instead of buying? It's potentially controversial moment in IGS.

If you have both robbing checks AND a chance to be caught by guards every 10 seconds while in shop after hours, it destroys the incentive to organize night robberies.
I should have thought about this earlier. I've addressed this. Changelog excerpt:

* When "Enable New Shop Burglary System" is enabled, you now have between 0-20 (luck/10 + agility/10) and
33 points added to your chance to succeed when attempting to rob a shop at night. Thanks to L57 for the
suggestion.
Daedros wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:27 am Posted this on the Nexus page for the mod, but currently the Gauntlet/Boot material does not contribute to the +To Hit chance like material does for weapons.
Thanks, Daedros. I replied on the Nexus already. This is what I said there:

Hey, Daedros, sorry for the delayed response - I didn't have much time to work on this until recently.

I'm glad you brought that up. After thinking about it, I'm going to leave this as-is (no to-hit bonus based
on plate gauntlets material). Hand-to-Hand is a particularly unique skill in that it's the fastest "weapon,"
damage is capped only by your skill level, and in the next version of Ironman, will now have an effective
material level as well (based on skill, expertise, and if you're transformed as a werewolf/wereboar - but
only if you're not wearing plate gauntlets).
emmathepony/Seferoth/Lokkrin Zhataros/CringingDragon wrote: When's the Ironman mod coming back? I miss playing with it. etc.
Thanks, guys. This will be updated shortly after 0.10.26 with a host of new features (detailed in the next post). Pretty much everything should be ready for release, so it's just a matter of testing when 0.10.26 goes live - and possibly adding one or two more things.
Laicus wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:07 pm For real ironmen, it would not be superfluous to have an option that completely prohibits rest outside of taverns, so that only loiter is possible.
That's an interesting idea. If I understand you correctly, I think that kind of thing is more Ralzar's domain though, with him having a camping system and the like. Ralzar?

Details for v0.3.0 to follow.
Last edited by DFIronman on Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

DFIronman

Post by DFIronman »

Features to look for in the new version:
  • Totally overhauled crime system (can be charged with multiple crimes and counts of crimes, by region - plus more)
  • Enhanced loan system (re-worked formula to take skills, reputation, stats, guild rank, and home ownership into account). Defaulted on a loan? Your home might be foreclosed on - or perhaps teams of bounty hunters will come after you until you pay up or die.
  • Guards confiscating certain stolen items on player arrest (if the items were reported stolen in their region). After a certain period of time, the item will no longer be considered stolen and guards will not attempt to confiscate it.
  • Falling off of your horse when taking damage - based on stats and how many enemies are around.
  • Limited Number of Quests from guilds (no more re-rolling quests until you get what you want - but you should never be offered the same quest twice from the same npc until the pool resets)
  • Upgraded "Enemies Transition with You" setting - transition status is recorded when saving games and enemies will transition more reliably.
  • Ironman Hotkeys - hotkeys for using spells and magic items. Yes, kind of like SkyUI from Skyrim. It's as simple as right-click and pick your key (or key combo - supports any combination of alt/ctrl/shift/cmd+key).
Plus much more! This list doesn't quite do the changelog justice and pretty much everything is optional. This release is bigger than all previous releases put together - maybe even times two or three. I'm very much looking forward to having you guys try it out and, hopefully, it'll be fairly bug-free to boot. I've tested it quite a bit, but it's still possible to miss things.

Finally, once this and other various mods are released for the soon-to-come 0.10.26 version of DFU, I'll be streaming some playthroughs with all options enabled in my mods (including perma-death/no reload), plus other challenging/interesting DFU mods at https://www.twitch.tv/withRhodes.

Aleryn

Post by Aleryn »

Just a quick thank you for your continued work on this mod. The disable-pause feature alone is a personal favourite that gives the game a special Dark Souls spark I enjoy immensely.

DFIronman

Re: [Will Be Updated for 0.10.26] The Ironman Module Pack (Update Coming SOON)

Post by DFIronman »

Aleryn wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:34 am Just a quick thank you for your continued work on this mod. The disable-pause feature alone is a personal favourite that gives the game a special Dark Souls spark I enjoy immensely.
Hey, of course. Sorry it was out of commission for so long - glad you're enjoying it. I'm looking forward to actually trying it out, myself. The most playing I've done with it so far is just testing the latest feature or bug fix.

Updated the main post with the full changelog for v0.3.0. I might add one or two more things between now and the release of DFU 0.10.26

emmathepony

Post by emmathepony »

The new changes sound great.

Lorex

Post by Lorex »

Ah glad you're still working on this great mod.

Can I suggest something that could go along with "Disable Transport Near Enemies"? Auto-dismount near enemies! Always or customizable chance, of course. That would not allow you to just easily flee from random encounters when your are riding a horse. What do you think?

DFIronman

Post by DFIronman »

emmathepony wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:43 pm The new changes sound great.
Awesome, glad to hear it. I also added a new setting yesterday, "Use New Hand To Hand Formulas" - a rebalance of hand-to-hand damage (heavy nerf, really, but also adds some extra hit chance for hand-to-hand that's based on skill level).
Lorex wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:35 pm Ah glad you're still working on this great mod.

Can I suggest something that could go along with "Disable Transport Near Enemies"? Auto-dismount near enemies! Always or customizable chance, of course. That would not allow you to just easily flee from random encounters when your are riding a horse. What do you think?
The next version has the "Can Fall Off Horse When Damaged" setting (which, actually, I already credited as your idea in the changelog). Info on that as follows:
OPTIONAL: Can Fall Off Horse When Damaged
When enabled, there is a chance you will fall off of your horse when taking damage. This chance is based
on strength, willpower, agility, endurance, luck, and the number of nearby enemies who have you in sight.

The formula is as follows:

chance_to_fall = Random(10 * enemies, 40 * enemies) - i.e. any random number between (10 * 5 and 40 * 5)
chance_to_fall -= (strength / 10) + (willpower / 2) + (agility / 10) + (endurance / 2) + (luck / 10)

The chance to fall will always be at least 1% and cannot exceed 99%. This means that if you fall from a
height while riding your horse and take damage, there will be at least a 1% chance for you to fall off.
As much as I like making the game more challenging, I try to have everything I implement be "realistic" as well. I feel like this is a good compromise between knocking the player off of their horse every time an enemy is nearby and just letting them run wild on their horse. What do you think?

Lorex

Post by Lorex »

So that comes from my suggestion... I thought that but I wasn't quite sure! :D

I'm sorry to not have explained better what I was meaning back then...Yours is really a good idea for horse fighting, but mine was more about balancing the "escape" part of the fight, because when travelling by horse you can or cannot encounter an enemy and won't make a difference at all, you'll keep on your way and fly past them without problem (apart from occasional ranged attacks).

An explanation for that would be that the horse gets scared for the sudden appearence of enemies and... it makes you fall. So then your choices are fight or run by foot getting more tired (I actually died this way near a city with a unfortunate random encounter when I was already very tired, I fell unconscious before reaching the city - I was playing manually dismounting at each random encounter :lol: but it really made a difference).

That explains more in detail my previous suggestion but you're totally free not to take it into consideration if you feel it doenst belong to you mod.

DFIronman

Post by DFIronman »

Lorex wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:23 pm So that comes from my suggestion... I thought that but I wasn't quite sure! :D

I'm sorry to not have explained better what I was meaning back then...Yours is really a good idea for horse fighting, but mine was more about balancing the "escape" part of the fight, because when travelling by horse you can or cannot encounter an enemy and won't make a difference at all, you'll keep on your way and fly past them without problem (apart from occasional ranged attacks).

An explanation for that would be that the horse gets scared for the sudden appearence of enemies and... it makes you fall. So then your choices are fight or run by foot getting more tired (I actually died this way near a city with a unfortunate random encounter when I was already very tired, I fell unconscious before reaching the city - I was playing manually dismounting at each random encounter :lol: but it really made a difference).

That explains more in detail my previous suggestion but you're totally free not to take it into consideration if you feel it doenst belong to you mod.
Well, the thing with that is if you're using Tedious Travel, you'd constantly be stopped unless the chance was exceptionally - almost pointlessly - low. Especially, if you're using Warm Ashes or similar mods. I felt that would be too annoying for players, so I came up with what I thought might be the best solution to the problem. Still, I appreciate the suggestion - I just think the downsides are too great for it to be particularly enjoyable gameplay.