[Update TBA] The Ironman Module Pack

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Hazelnut

Re: Ironman and Ironman Game Systems v0.2.2 (10/13/2019)

Post by Hazelnut »

Often they will still work, especially if they're not code but asset mods. However this release saw a lot of code changes to enhance the mod systems and there's more coming. (working on stuff as I type) Mostly it breaks my own mods and not other peoples. :-)

This will be the case until we hit beta. Sorry for the inconvenience, unfortunately that's the price of progress. I could be wrong with my guess here, and maybe it's nothing to do with it, bit my suspicion is that it's connected to the UI window factory changes. It should allow mods like this to be done easier and with less hacks in future.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

haloterm

Post by haloterm »

Hazelnut wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:13 pm Sorry for the inconvenience
No problem :)

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Not sure if this is in the spirit of Ironman Systems, but it sure would make the game a bit harder and more unpredictable:

How about a mod that just auto-accepts guild quests? So if you go to a guild and klikk "get quest", the guild assigns you a quest. You don't get to say no over and over (or use the list view) until you get one you like. If you don't want to do the quest the guild has to offer, you shouldn't have asked.

Edit: Or not auto-accept, but simply hide the "No" button, so you have time to read the quest.

DFIronman

Post by DFIronman »

Sorry that Ironman and IGS aren't working for 0.10.8. I'll try to update it this weekend. I haven't updated, myself, but I would guess Hazelnut's assumption as to what broke is correct and it will hopefully be a fairly easy fix.

Ralzar, not being able to game the quest system is totally within the spirit of IGS and I think I'll that implement it if I can figure out a way how to within the confines of the mod system. Thanks for the suggestion!

I saw your other suggestion about having lives for your character, but it's not something I'm currently interested in implementing for Ironman. Thank you for the suggestion, regardless!

DFIronman

Re: Ironman and Ironman Game Systems v0.2.3 (10/26/2019)

Post by DFIronman »

New release today. I updated the mod to work with 0.10.8+ releases. Ironman/IGS v0.2.2 and below will not work with DFUnity 10.0.8+ - you must download the new version.
v0.2.3 -

[Ironman]
  • Made compatible with 0.10.8+ release. The mod does not use the new UIFactory yet - that will be for a future version. This should have no effect on your playing experience.
[Ironman Game Systems]
  • Made compatible with 0.10.8+ release. The mod does not use the new UIFactory yet - that will be for a future version. This should have no effect on your playing experience.
  • Class-based enemies who use hand-to-hand can now experience degradation on their gauntlets/boots when appropriate (as the player would) IF the "Use Armor Material In Hand to Hand" setting is enabled.
  • Enemies will now transition with you out of a location if you try to recall, but cancel the attempt (or anchor) if you have the "Enemies Transition With You" setting enabled. Enemies should not transition with you if you recall away.
  • Enemies now transition with you out of dungeons/buildings a little faster. Also, enemy transitioning is a bit more reliable.
  • Fixed a bug where you would not be allowed to recall near enemies regardless of what you had the "Disable Recalling Near Enemies" setting set to.
  • Removed some Tedious Travel interaction (disabling weather particles, but stopping when disease incubation is over still remains).

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

DFIronman wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:14 am Ralzar, not being able to game the quest system is totally within the spirit of IGS and I think I'll that implement it if I can figure out a way how to within the confines of the mod system. Thanks for the suggestion!
Another "softer" version that might be easier to implement: If you press "No" to a guild quest, the guild offers no more quests for a time (random or set). So you can say no, but that quest is the only one the guild is offering at the time.
If you want another quest from the same guild, you'd have to go to a different town.

DFIronman

Post by DFIronman »

Well, the challenge would be in detecting whether or not the current message box is a quest prompt. Forcing the player to accept it would be easy, otherwise. Those are good ideas; I'll see how much more effort that requires when it's time for me to add this change. Thanks!

Also, the next release of Ironman will likely include "Ironman Hotkeys" as a separate .dfmod. This will allow players to set hotkeys on spells in their spellbook (already complete) and, potentially, hotkeys for using magic items as well (potions, castable spells from enchanted items, etc.)

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

DFIronman wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:28 pm Well, the challenge would be in detecting whether or not the current message box is a quest prompt. Forcing the player to accept it would be easy, otherwise. Those are good ideas; I'll see how much more effort that requires when it's time for me to add this change. Thanks!
I'm not sure how the guild quest randomization works, but does it produce a set of random quest to choose from? Which is the list that the DFU advanced setting makes available? In that case, limit the list to 1 random quest?
Of course, if all elegible quests are allways part of the "draw", never mind.
DFIronman wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:28 pm Also, the next release of Ironman will likely include "Ironman Hotkeys" as a separate .dfmod. This will allow players to set hotkeys on spells in their spellbook (already complete) and, potentially, hotkeys for using magic items as well (potions, castable spells from enchanted items, etc.)
Oh wow, that would be super handy. Particularly for magic items. The spell book is semi functional and lets you reacast spells while the magic item menu is super clunky. At this point I would be happy if the "recast spell" function also included magic items. Sometimes you need to spam an item and that's awful to do with the current menu.

DFIronman

Post by DFIronman »

I'm not sure how quest selection works yet as I haven't taken a look at it, but I definitely hope to be able to make this work.

Yeah, I plan on adding a "Recast Magic Item" key, defaulting to Shift+Q. Unfortunately. I don't think there's a way to set hotkeys in the settings menu, short of typing the key into a text box; so that will be clunky to customize. Also, in the future, I may add hotkeys to use any potions or items with certain effect types (restore health, restore magicka, etc.).

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

DFIronman wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:22 am Disable Pausing -
Excluding the court/prison window and the Ironman message window at the start of the game, gameplay will NEVER be paused. That means if you're reading a book, or equipping an item from your inventory screen, the game will keep running. Yes, you can die while at the Character Sheet or Save Game screens now. The only exception is when the console is open, but this is by design as console use is typical for debugging, cheating, or development.
Found a problem with this feature. I'm doing a quest where I have to deal with a haunting, and when the creature is first hit, it displays a speech box. Clicking on this box takes long enough that my character generally dies.

Unfortunately, I don't know any way to fix this, other than to manually toggle the feature on and off.

Other than that, overall, I like this feature.
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.