[Update TBA] The Ironman Module Pack

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Corsair

Re: Ironman and Ironman Game Systems v0.2.3 (10/26/2019)

Post by Corsair »

CringingDragon wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:42 am Def been enjoying the mod. adds a nice layer of crazy and terrifying to the mix.

Only suggestion is a toggle for pausing during speech. I have not played a lot of Daggerfall so I'm often having to rush through the dialogues because I'm getting attacked before I can finish reading what's happening. Also using the Warm Ashes mod which for some reason felt the need to have 3 events spawn on me one after another, effectively stun locking me in text and dying before I can click out of it.

Everything else has been great. keep up the good work.

Agreed. I've loved everything about this mod, but this would be a nice addition. I've had many quests where a popup message has to be read super fast because you're already getting whacked a few times and miss part of the story.

CringingDragon

Post by CringingDragon »

Noticed as well, some enemies that transition with me are like glue. I really enjoy the mechanic and maybe I'm just unsure exactly on what's required with losing an enemy well enough that it will not transition with you, but now and then I just can't seem to shake the rare enemy or pack of enemies who end up beating me to death in the back of the head as I enter a tavern.

Still been super enjoyable. Spent my free time in the last week losing one character design after another. Will lose many more.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

CringingDragon wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:56 am Noticed as well, some enemies that transition with me are like glue. I really enjoy the mechanic and maybe I'm just unsure exactly on what's required with losing an enemy well enough that it will not transition with you
This leads to some rediculous situations if you also use the Archeologist mod. I passified a bunch of humanoids with etiquette during a dungeon. Then when I leave the dungeon they all pop out with me (together with a ghost) and none of them are passified anymore. That was... chaotic :D

Lorex

Post by Lorex »

CringingDragon wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:56 am I'm just unsure exactly on what's required with losing an enemy well enough that it will not transition with you,
You need to run away from them for a pretty long distance, for example from PH it's not enough to go to the city just south of it. After a while they stop teleporting near you in taverns :) At least that's my experience.
However I discarded that feature cause it was more annoying than else for me, and even monsters that couldn't reach you but could "see" you (even behind walls) would teleport out of the dungeon.

CringingDragon

Post by CringingDragon »

Yeah I've taken to running far away, and then hooking left or right to get enemies off of me. I think they also stay on you and spawn the next time you enter a door if they are still close to you. like you've lost them, and they have stopped following you, but they are nearby enough that the game spawns them with you on a transition.

I'll likely seek to turn it off myself until I can get a definitive on how losing them operates.. Anyone know how to operate the text edit? I opened it once but I was not able to augment the code.

CringingDragon

Post by CringingDragon »

Ralzar I've had my eye on the archeologist mod but apparently it needs to be updated to newer versions, so I'll wait on that. I'm hoping the modding community brings in an array of other skills to the game, both for the adventure aspect, and I would really like to see emphasis on more mundane jobs, like farming, carpentry and animal husbandry.

CringingDragon

Post by CringingDragon »

Hey Lorex, let me know how you discarded a feature when you get the opportunity.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

CringingDragon wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:15 pm Hey Lorex, let me know how you discarded a feature when you get the opportunity.
What are you trying to do? Deactivate monsters following?

CringingDragon

Post by CringingDragon »

Yeah stopping persistent following for now would be good. I would like the speech to pause but i feel that will likely be more than a toggle.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

You know you can turn that off in the mod settings right?