[Mod] Taverns Redone

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Uncanny_Valley

Re: [Mod] Taverns Redone

Post by Uncanny_Valley »

Updated to 0.13
  • Fixed issue with NPC:s being given the same names

Also updated the editor, which can be found here:
viewtopic.php?f=14&p=39597#p39597

haloterm

Post by haloterm »

Uncanny_Valley wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:46 pm Updated to 0.13
  • Fixed issue with NPC:s being given the same names
Thank you! :)

alphaTECH

Post by alphaTECH »

You lil ripper :mrgreen:

Aleryn

Post by Aleryn »

I've noticed this mod spikes my GPU power draw by about 50% more when I enter some modified taverns, compared to anywhere else I've gone in the game.

I haven't edited or created maps in a long time in first person games - but it reminds me of when I'd leave a vertex open, undefined, or similar in older games. No clue if that sort of thing might be a factor here.

Any way, not a huge deal at all. Just contributing data.

BadLuckBurt

Post by BadLuckBurt »

Aleryn wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:40 am I've noticed this mod spikes my GPU power draw by about 50% more when I enter some modified taverns, compared to anywhere else I've gone in the game.

I haven't edited or created maps in a long time in first person games - but it reminds me of when I'd leave a vertex open, undefined, or similar in older games. No clue if that sort of thing might be a factor here.

Any way, not a huge deal at all. Just contributing data.
I havent really gotten around to using the mod myself but that may be due to added lights etc. Not sure what you mean by open or undefined vertex but thats probably not whats going on here as the mod only adds original models and billboards to the interiors
DFU on UESP: https://en.uesp.net/w/index.php?title=T ... fall_Unity
DFU Nexus Mods: https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfallunity
My github repositories with mostly DFU related stuff: https://github.com/BadLuckBurt

carlospaul

Post by carlospaul »

I get a big FPS when I enter a custom tavern, all the lights are hard on GPU. Maybe add a mod setting to disable the tavern layouts that have a lot of lights and stuff? For lower end machines

Allerka

Post by Allerka »

I went and checked as well, GPU usage for me does seem a little higher in custom taverns compared to standard ones, but not by a massive amount (like 10-15% higher). Framerate for me, at least, is unaffected, but I've got a top-end card, so I could see how that extra usage might hit lower-end cards harder.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

If my gtx 970 can run it, its good. Alternative mod setting for better performance is disabling the mod...

pango

Post by pango »

i must say I keep being impressed by this mod, the changes to rooms and the use of classic assets is really skillful. It makes those tavern so more lively and comfy...
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Lanjane

Post by Lanjane »

Not sure if this issue is related to the fact I'm using existing savegame to test this mod or not.

In Burgwall there's a tavern called "The King's Griffin". I already visited it before in this savegame without the mod installed.
When I enabled the mod and entered the tavern, my character immediately stuck in the starting point near the door, where yellow carpet lays on the floor. I was able to look around but not able to move. Problem was solved only when I opened the local map and immediately closed the map, this forced the character to magically unstuck somehow.

Other than this strange issue, no problems so far. The mod looks stunningly beautiful! Thanks pango for pointing out.