[MOD] Climates & Calories

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
yabay

Re: [MOD] Climates & Calories

Post by yabay »

Last edited by yabay on Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Yeah, I updated the mod earlier today to fix this?

Oh wait, I might not have fixed it for off-road travel. Damn. Okay, I'll see what I can do.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Okay, updated to 1.5.13

Should solve the problem for off-road travel as well.

phantasmald

Post by phantasmald »

What's the intended solution for the 'Sun burns your bare legs.' message? I keep getting this message, despite wearing boots and casual pants, which would logically cover said bare legs and make them no longer bare.
The only answer seems to be wearing a casual cloak, but that's kind of unintuitive, as the main purpose of cloaks is not 'covering the legs'.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Hm... that is not right. I’ll have to take a look at the logic there. I might have simply missed a pants type counting as leg cover.

For the moment I would reccommend simply buying some other leg covering.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

phantasmald wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:15 am What's the intended solution for the 'Sun burns your bare legs.' message? I keep getting this message, despite wearing boots and casual pants, which would logically cover said bare legs and make them no longer bare.
The only answer seems to be wearing a casual cloak, but that's kind of unintuitive, as the main purpose of cloaks is not 'covering the legs'.
Found the bug. Should work correctly now.

v1.5.14
- Bugfix for water refilling at weird times
- Bugfix for clothing protection from sunburn

thebunnyrules

Post by thebunnyrules »

Hi Ralzar,

I was wondering if you could make the "Your stomach rumbles" message and its stopping of your travel optional. I get it several times a trip during tedious travel with travel options, even though I've eaten to full.

Alternatively, I can mod the stomach rumble message out myself using the source code. Would it be possible for you to upload an up-to-date copy of the source code on your github? Current github source code is at 1.5.11 and it's a bit buggy compared to 1.5.16.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

I’m planning on putting some more work into this mod soon. I’ll think about trying to add some mod settings to it again and getting the github updated.

The reason it stops you is because the food buff has run out, so you have the option to eat to reapply the buff before continuing travel. Without the stop you very easily do not notice it happening and then you waste a bunch of fatigue before you catch on.
At some point I will try switching to using UI icons to indicate temp, hunger and thirst, which will make it easier to keep track off manually while traveling.

Macadaynu

Post by Macadaynu »

Ralzar wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:53 am At some point I will try switching to using UI icons to indicate temp, hunger and thirst, which will make it easier to keep track off manually while traveling.
This will be a very welcome addition, I had thought about doing something like that.

I may as well share the idea here:

A simple stick-man like icon with a bar that fills the inside of the man the less hungry you are. The outline of the man changes colour to red/blue the more hot/cold you get, could leave it white or something neutral when at a comfortable temperature. Could also integrate thirst in there somehow, as it would be cool if all the info you need was within the same icon. (This could just start flashing a water drop symbol in the middle of the icon when you get thirsty)

Just a thought, feel free to ignore though :lol:

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

I have made some thoughts about how to do it, but nothing concrete yet. So far my plan is to use daggerfall sprites when possible, as I am not a great artist and this makes the icons not only mesh with vanilla but also get automatically updated if the sprite textures are replaced.

The plan is to have an icon for each condition placed along the side of the screen which only fades in when the effect is active. So, for example, have the meat sprite appear when you have the food buff and then it fades out when the buff runs out. The same spot being used for a ration sack icon that appears and starts blinking more and more rapidly when you are starving. So during regular play you would have no icon there at all.
Then do something similar for water (flask upside down) and drunk (full flask?), cold, warm and wet (magic icons?) and an anvil for encumbrance.

We’ll see what I manage to code though :D