[MOD] Climates & Calories

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Ralzar

Re: [MOD] Climates & Calories

Post by Ralzar »

v1.3.1

Out now.

Several bugfixes.

Tedious Travel no longer required.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

yabay wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 10:08 am And it would be great if spoiled products had a chance of infecting the character with Stomach Rot disease. And it was great to have spoilt food sometimes found in the piles of loot in the dungeons. And again, and again... :D Looking forward to the update! I'm a huge fan of your mod!
Haha, i thought about it. Maybe in the future :D

I've just fixed the problem with starving after fast travel.
And I've added a popup text for rations and waterskins so if you USE them you get a short text indicating their function.
Also changed the tent text popups so they feel better.

Will be in v1.3.2 which I'll problably release in a day or two. I'm still looking at how to do foodrot right. So it doesn't spoilt too fast.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Added the ability to click wells, fountains etc to refill water skin.

Also, I am strongly considering adding a loss of magica that matches the fatigue loss. At the moment the mod has no effect of magic, while magic can be used to easily circumvent most of the mods effects by simply casting "Stamina" whenever you're getting tired.

v1.3.2 will be out in the coming days.

Hazed

Post by Hazed »

Ralzar wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 11:41 am Added the ability to click wells, fountains etc to refill water skin.

Also, I am strongly considering adding a loss of magica that matches the fatigue loss. At the moment the mod has no effect of magic, while magic can be used to easily circumvent most of the mods effects by simply casting "Stamina" whenever you're getting tired.

what would be the in-game reason for the magic loss from the weather? stamina loss and health loss makes sense but a mage who hasn't used any magic at all get hit with magic loss just for the sake of difficulty doesn't have me thrilled.

maybe magic and the willpower can be taken into account as a bonus against how fast the negative effects of the weather have against the player so the loss has a reason and not just because "difficulty"

edit: hoping this didn't sound harsh or anything its not meant too (if it did my bad) I'm just the type of person who likes to have a reason when it comes to things happening in game and I'm not against things being harder.

Like I'm all for spoiled/ rotten food having a chance to give you disease but I would be against it overriding someone who had immunity to disease that kind of thing (my PC had a critical weakness to disease so I would be in trouble)

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

The thing is though, imagine it's really cold/hot. Your character is completely exhausted, all his attribtues are heavily debuffed. But if he wants to cast spells? No effect. It's like he's completely healthy.
What even is Magica? It's amount is based on intelligence, which gets debuffed by the heat/cold effects. But it does not appear to affect your current magica.

I'm going to do a bit of testing to see if debuffing Intelligence actually affects Magica, because I am suspecting it does not.

Hazed

Post by Hazed »

did a quick test with normal stats and a item that buffs my intelligence to 100 (I know its not a debuff but its still the same system right? or am I wrong?) any way at 100 Int I got 300/300 magic when I remove the item it drops down to 240 spell points

At 80 int so lower the Int drops from a debuff less spell points you get or at least I think it would do that... that being said magic has abilities that let you buff stats like int as long as you have the spell points and the spell to heal stamina can be as cheap 6 spell points

to change all that wouldn't a whole new mod overhauling magic be needed? or could just adding debuffs to magical skills work?

Allerka

Post by Allerka »

Ralzar wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 11:41 am Added the ability to click wells, fountains etc to refill water skin.

Oh thank goodness for manual refill. I was going to report, the automatic refill seems to be semi-broke, in that it only works on partially-empty waterskins, while fully empty waterskins never get filled (I swam around in a pond for a solid ten minutes real-time to make sure, loading my game and even restarting the game, with no refill happening). Still, the waterskins in general are a godsend, I've been playing as a Breton in one of the rainforest countries, and any day it's not raining has been on the brutal side (I basically had to walk around in nothing but a cloak and Khajiit suit to avoid both sunburn and stat debuffing). Even tweaking my save file to give my character resistance to fire didn't seem to have any impact. But now I can wear actual clothes without worrying about bursting into flames, even if I have to hit up a shop every day to buy new waterskins currently.

EDIT: Also, if I can make one suggestion, tweaking the text for when you drink from a waterskin. "You drain the waterskin" implies I just chugged the whole thing, when in fact I only drank one of its "charges". Perhaps something more like "You take a drink from the waterskin"?

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Allerka wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 3:41 pm EDIT: Also, if I can make one suggestion, tweaking the text for when you drink from a waterskin. "You drain the waterskin" implies I just chugged the whole thing, when in fact I only drank one of its "charges". Perhaps something more like "You take a drink from the waterskin"?
I checked this and found a small bug in the code. That text was only intended to display when you actually drained the water skin.
So thanks, that'll be fixed in the next update.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Speaking of the next update, it's been a bit delayed because I started figuring out how to create campfires. So this is nearing completion. I am just missing adding a light source to it and an expiration function.

The only problem I am having is how exactly to implement it.

I am not terribly keen on having some kind of "wood gathering" mechanic.
At the moment, it simply uses the camping equipment item. If you use it outside, a tent and campfire gets placed. If you use it in a dungeon, a campfire gets placed.

I am considering switching this out for some kind of "fire starting" equipment that has a much lower number of uses. Maybe literally having you carry some wood around :D

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

I am not terribly keen on having some kind of "wood gathering" mechanic.
At the moment, it simply uses the camping equipment item. If you use it outside, a tent and campfire gets placed. If you use it in a dungeon, a campfire gets placed.
Same sentiment, I think the "survival" elements of chopping wood, getting stones and creating a fire belong to other games and I tend to stay away from those ;)