[MOD] Climates & Calories

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
imsobadatnicknames

Re: [MOD] Climates & Calories

Post by imsobadatnicknames »

Idk if anyone else's with me on this issue, but I think since this mod introduced the ability to obtain meat as loot from animals, the hunting prompts have begun feeling kind of superfluous.
The prompts to forage for fruit/water are fine, since there's no way to actually physically forage for them in-game, but since I can now actually hunt bears and other wilderness creatures and have enough meat to last for the whole travel, I'm rarely in a situation where the hunting prompts feel like anything other than an unnecesary interruption of my travel.
Released mods: https://www.nexusmods.com/users/5141135 ... files&BH=0
Daggerfall isn't the only ridiculously intrincate fantasy world simulator with the initials DF that I make mods for: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177071.0

yabay

Post by yabay »

Last edited by yabay on Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

imsobadatnicknames wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:08 pm Idk if anyone else's with me on this issue, but I think since this mod introduced the ability to obtain meat as loot from animals, the hunting prompts have begun feeling kind of superfluous.
The prompts to forage for fruit/water are fine, since there's no way to actually physically forage for them in-game, but since I can now actually hunt bears and other wilderness creatures and have enough meat to last for the whole travel, I'm rarely in a situation where the hunting prompts feel like anything other than an unnecesary interruption of my travel.
You know, I have started feeling that as well. I'm not quite sure how to solve it though. Because I don't have an easy way for you to choose if you're hunting or not.

One thing I will do though, is remove hunting prompts when you're using a road.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Ralzar wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:54 pm One thing I will do though, is remove hunting prompts when you're using a road.
But we got the resume functioning and all... awww. :)
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Hazelnut wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:02 pm
Ralzar wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:54 pm One thing I will do though, is remove hunting prompts when you're using a road.
But we got the resume functioning and all... awww. :)
I actually wound up still using it. It let me split roads and paths. So now there's no hunting events while on a road, while on paths there is a chance. But less than if you're just wandering the wilderness.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

v1.5.0 out now

New feature: Wandering Monsters amount reduced in wilderness and while camping.
Tavern room and food prices rebalanced.
Hunting events removed from roads and reduced on paths.
Food amount in shops and in loot reduced.
Tent should be more stable now.
"tent_rescue" console command added.
Bugfixes

Orbarth

Post by Orbarth »

A question as i seem to be still interrupted when resting at my camp all the time with this new version, is Warm Ashes v4 compatible with Climates&Calories in term of wilderness encounter or is it why i still get attacked all the time when trying to rest in my camp ?

My last misfortune was rather hilarious, camping just outside a village (a Kynareth temple surrounded by a few houses) a Zombie just came to say hello.
I ran toward the village , the city guards (i use Villager Overhaul to benefit from active city guards) tried to help but the zombie killed 4 of them without being hit. Brave guards, they died for my weak character as i was able to travel away :D

This mod really add a great layer of gameplay

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Yeah I'm pretty sure Warm Ashes does its own thing outside the normal wandering monster function. So this will not lessen Warm Ashes encounters.

yabay

Re: [MOD] Climates & Calories (resolved, thanks a lot)

Post by yabay »

Last edited by yabay on Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:03 am, edited 4 times in total.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

yabay wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:46 pm In version 1.5.1, there is a constant decrease in mana when you are not in a building or in a dungeon. DFU 0.10.27
Hm... I suspect something must have gone wrong with the road/path/offroad logic I just added. I'll take a look at it.