[MOD] Climates & Calories

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Ralzar

Re: [MOD] Climates & Calories

Post by Ralzar »

v1.5.2

Fatigue gets slowly reduced in the wilderness (not while camping or hunting)
Human/humanoid mobs drop less food
Camping Equipment is more expensive
Ration Sacks are consumed at 1kg per 24 hours.

smokync

Post by smokync »

How about having two versions of the mod : the current one, and a lighter one for those who don't want to die of cold

It could be cool :D

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

smokync wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:28 am How about having two versions of the mod : the current one, and a lighter one for those who don't want to die of cold

It could be cool :D
Man, just put on some warm clothes, eat some food, use the roads, don't travel at night and stay out of the mountains in winter (unless you're a breton or nord).

:P

Orbarth

Post by Orbarth »

What decide how easily the camping equipment break ?
It seems to break after only 2 or 3 use everytime from what i tested with a character that has 60 luck.

That's making it really very difficult if you're trying long travels (using the Travel Option mod of course to benefit from the nice manual travel instead of the usual teleport by choosing the inn option) as you need to rest (and camp) a lot on your way due to stamina going down fast.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Camping equipment has 50 health. It looses 1 each time you set up camp.

But note that the camping equipment you start the game with is really damaged.

Orbarth

Post by Orbarth »

Ah thanks, so that was why it was always breaking after only 2/3 use.

Something else i noticed while testing mods with a new character, and i do not know if it is related to this mod or to Travel Option.

When i setup camp and rest (and took back my equipment) , when i start travelling after that sometime it works as expected and i just lose regularly stamina.
But sometime after camp resting, once i start travelling my stamina immediately is going immediately from 100% to 50% just like that in a second.
I also noticed after this bizarre "lost half your stamina" that what's left of my stamina wil drop noticably faster than usual.

weather is always cold in both cases and in both case i was well rested (i press the status key to check), i am using a breton (he's clothed and even purchased and was wearing a cloak on top) character.
I still have the rations in my inventory so my character isn't subject to famine.

Any idea what could be the problem ?

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Well, after rest the mod checks if you used a camp. If you did not use a camp, you get penalized based on how hot/cold it is.

Maybe you are resting without using the tent? You have to start rest by clicking on the tent or fire. If you just press "R" you just sleep on the ground outside the tent :D

Orbarth

Post by Orbarth »

After testing a bit, i think i see the difference on the stamina loss speed.
Before travelling if i eat something i purchased, stamina will go down smaller.
But if i don't eat and count on my existing "ration" object, stamina will go down fast.

I guess my problem is that as i can't use them (as the game seems to mean they're to be eaten automatically "if i'm too hungry"), it looks like despite my character lose stamina fast during a travel he will not eat those "ration" item automatically (rather problematic combined with camp breaking fast).

For the losing half the stamina immediately i still haven't found the source of the problem (will have to retry with not using the camp to rest, it's possible i pressed R accidentally instead :D )

Something that is another problem to me is the hunting in the wilderness. after starting to travel i immediately had the choice to hunt, as i was at full stamina i decided to hunt.
But instead of hunting, my character lost all the stamina and fall on the ground due to exhaustation (and of course died as a result with the mod).

Maybe there should be some "you're too tired to continue hunting" system when the stamina fall under a specific % so you can camp to rest, as it does not make much sense to hunt until you die from exhaustation :D

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Ration Sacks are just a shield against starvation. If you go 24 hours without eating, you either eat 1kg rations (if you have them) or you start starving.

The bonus to fatigue regeneration is gained by eating fresh food. Like food bought in taverns and food items like meat or apples.

The fatigue drop after hunting is still being worked on. What I think is happening is that the game exposes you to the climate for the time you hunt. So if you are a bit too cold or hot, the hunting really tires you out. I'll be doing some code to try to limit this i the future.

Orbarth

Post by Orbarth »

Another observation : on a character i was training running, jumping and climbing a bit in a town, i obviously was losing stamina.

But i wasn't keeping attention enough as the tavern wasn't far and fell asleep on the street while trying to reach the tavern for a bed, the game mentionned i slept for a while, but instead i died directly (when the stamina reached 0 the health dropped to 0 too).

I have no idea if it's intended, so i thought it better to report it.