[MOD] Climates & Calories

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Ralzar

Re: [MOD] Climates & Calories

Post by Ralzar »

yabay wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 4:24 pm Another small bug. If you set up a camp then quicksave then exit the game and load the last save then the camp disappears and it is not even in the inventory.
Hah! This just happened to me. I'm looking into it.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

yabay wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 4:24 pm Another small bug. If you set up a camp then quicksave then exit the game and load the last save then the camp disappears and it is not even in the inventory.
Btw, did you use Mountains & Hills mod?

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

It seems that when loading, the terrain height or tent positioning changes. So in my case the tent was floating WAY up above me. I used levitation, flew up and packed it :D

I'll look into (probably with some help) how to make the tent "land" when you load a game to make sure this stops happening.

yabay

Post by yabay »

Last edited by yabay on Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

was the save created without distant terrain mod and then loaded witch active distant terrain mod - that would explain it since terrain sampler is different resulting in different saved height of tent and new player height

Allerka

Post by Allerka »

I ran into a weird one, it might have been the save, exit, and reload bug, and I didn't realize it to pack back up, or I accidentally sold my tent at some point without realizing it, but I realized I didn't have any camping equipment, so I bought a fresh set, and every time I try to use it, whether it's outdoors, in a dungeon, or whatever, it says "You have already set up your tent" and I have no idea where the original is to retrieve it. I guess I can try to hack my save file to remove the deployed tent, but I wonder if there should be a limit of one that you can place (I dunno what'd be involved in changing that), in case something like this happens, or the player just straight-up forgets where they left their tent.

Another bug/oddity I've run into is, I'll buy some food at a store, and it will go bad immediately after leaving the store. That seems a bit...fast, heh. It mostly seems to be happening to fruit, but I think it also happened to bread once. I know fruit's not supposed to last very long, but that makes it seem like it's something that has to be eaten immediately.

Also, is there some kind of secondary hunting skill? Because I have failed literally every single attempt at hunting I've made. Something slithering in the water, a flock of birds, fresh tracks, it doesn't seem to matter what it is or when I try it, it's a fail. If I'm lucky, it's a "nothing happens" result, but the monster attacks are a bit of a deterrent against trying more (I also had to laugh once when it said I hear a roar behind me and here comes...a giant spider, heh). Not that I think the monster attacks need to be changed or anything, I'm just wondering if I'm doing something wrong.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Allerka wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 4:58 pm I ran into a weird one, it might have been the save, exit, and reload bug, and I didn't realize it to pack back up, or I accidentally sold my tent at some point without realizing it, but I realized I didn't have any camping equipment, so I bought a fresh set, and every time I try to use it, whether it's outdoors, in a dungeon, or whatever, it says "You have already set up your tent" and I have no idea where the original is to retrieve it. I guess I can try to hack my save file to remove the deployed tent, but I wonder if there should be a limit of one that you can place (I dunno what'd be involved in changing that), in case something like this happens, or the player just straight-up forgets where they left their tent.
This will be solved in the next update, where instead of saying "You have already set up your tent." it just deletes the existing tent and sets up the new one.

Until then, go into your savefile and delete the Climates&Calories.txt file. That will reset the mods values and the camping equipment will work again.
Allerka wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 4:58 pm Another bug/oddity I've run into is, I'll buy some food at a store, and it will go bad immediately after leaving the store. That seems a bit...fast, heh. It mostly seems to be happening to fruit, but I think it also happened to bread once. I know fruit's not supposed to last very long, but that makes it seem like it's something that has to be eaten immediately.
The mod rolls for chance of spoilage at intervals. In the next update I will lower the chance of spoilage happening in the next update.
Allerka wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 4:58 pm Also, is there some kind of secondary hunting skill? Because I have failed literally every single attempt at hunting I've made. Something slithering in the water, a flock of birds, fresh tracks, it doesn't seem to matter what it is or when I try it, it's a fail. If I'm lucky, it's a "nothing happens" result, but the monster attacks are a bit of a deterrent against trying more (I also had to laugh once when it said I hear a roar behind me and here comes...a giant spider, heh). Not that I think the monster attacks need to be changed or anything, I'm just wondering if I'm doing something wrong.
It usually checks Stealth. If you have a bow, the test is usually easier. Also, luck is usually a factor. I may have to review the difficulty though. I might have made it a bit too hard for lower level characters.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Nystul wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 4:48 pm was the save created without distant terrain mod and then loaded witch active distant terrain mod - that would explain it since terrain sampler is different resulting in different saved height of tent and new player height
I only use Mountains&Hills and for me, when I load the game I am standing in the exact same spot and when I saved, except the tent is no longer there.

Maybe tedious travel affects it? I suspect that the actual ground level of the world is changed in some way. Maybe if you use TT to travel cross-country in a single session between areas of different height? I dunno.

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

Maybe the mod does not take height compensation of floating origin system into account

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Nystul wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 8:13 pm Maybe the mod does not take height compensation of floating origin system into account
It should be noted that most of the time it works fine. It's just once in a while it fails. And both times so far have been:

place tent -> quicksave -> exit game -> start game -> load game

I tried reproducing this and could not. So it seems that it's not enough to just load a savegame and then do the steps above. The only difference I can come up with is that we probably both moved a considerable distance in one session.