[MOD] Climates & Calories

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Jarlyjarljarl

Re: [MOD] Climates & Calories

Post by Jarlyjarljarl »

The mod does not function correctly as of DFU 0.11.3.

Camp equipment disappears from inventory when using. No break notification etc. It just disappears when using USE and then exiting inventory, with no camp appearing.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

New version out. Should fix the issue with 0.11.3

Jarlyjarljarl

Post by Jarlyjarljarl »

Ralzar wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:52 am New version out. Should fix the issue with 0.11.3
That was fast, nice!

Nomadic Wolf

Post by Nomadic Wolf »

Ralzar wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:52 am New version out. Should fix the issue with 0.11.3
I have just added this mod in DFU 0.11.2, and I still have that same problem. The reason I am still playing 11.2 is because the Airship and Shield Module mods don't work with 11.3 and I don't want to lose them. That's sad because the sole reason I added this mod was so that I can set up a camp at beautiful wild landscapes generated from Interesting Terrain. If the older version of this mod didn't had an issue with 11.2, then can you please share that?

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Compatibility update for v0.11.4

Also, I have now added a multi-button textbox for camping, thanks to Hazelnut:

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=4823

camppopup.png
camppopup.png (190.88 KiB) Viewed 3809 times

risk

Post by risk »

i know this has been answered in the past, but as this mod gets more and more complete - i'm wondering if it's possible at this stage to make a 'settings' and choose the features we want to play with?

i know it's meant to be played as a complete modificiation - but there are some features i really like more than others (not sure if others feel the same).

i really like the resting modules (sleeping bag, tent, etc), and i really like ordering food at taverns. having to always have things to eat and drink is ok - but i wouldn't mind playing it with the setting off.

what i would prefer to be able to turn off is the 'wet' effects after getting exposure to water - particularly on temperature and rusting effect on armour.

yes i agree that if you thought of it as 'how would you act in real life', it makes sense - but even with my character enjoying the immersiveness- i still only change clothes every few days to a week, in the game.. rather than twice a day like in real life. haha!

any possibility of making settings? thank you

Khrabanas

Post by Khrabanas »

Been quietly enjoying this mod that replicates things I had been doing in my head for "muh immurshun." Hopefully it isn't too presumptive of me to comment on some arguably minor issues I've come across while using C&C? I may be reaching/assuming too far with some of the write-up or suggestions here so I apologise in advance. I have not used any debugging tools as I'm sure some exist but I am both ignorant of where/what they are and I wanted to make the steps as close to normal play as possible (where the vast majority of people will likely encounter it).

DFU Version: 0.11.7 (pre-game settings not disabled)
C&C Version: 1.5.10
Other mods enabled?: No, but see Notes

Stability Issue #1 - 'Stability' henceforth pertaining to both application responsiveness (i.e. crashes, freezes) and continued user progression (i.e. fully implemented gameplay not blocked, no unexpected loss of data).
Observation
The playable character (PC) dies after contracting Vampirism.
Personal Concern: Mild to moderate. Issue blocks further progression (PC death end-state) and can potentially result in loss of data (by forcing user to reload to a much earlier save, or outright loss of that character if it only has one save), but both are fairly easily preventable. A minimum of two workarounds have been found (see Notes).

Steps
1. Ensure the title and mod are properly installed, launch the title, enable the mod, select Play > Start New Game, and create a new character.
2. Progress through gameplay normally until reaching at least Level 2 and contract Vampirism.
3. Rest for three days until viewing two cutscenes and a description prompt, then dismiss the prompt.
4. Observe that the PC's Health and Fatigue are reduced to zero, killing the PC and returning to the main menu.
Reproduction Rate - These will always involve complete termination of the title and a fresh boot between every attempt.
PC 1: 5/5 (100%)
PC 2: 2/2 (100%) — This machine no longer available for further repros as of this write up, otherwise I would have two sets of five attempts for all reports.
Notes
1. Step 2 can be performed easily by using the console command of diseaseplayer vampire instead of trying to find and survive a Vampire or Ancient Vampire's attack.
2. This issue occurs regardless of how the PC contracts Vampirism or which Bloodline.
3. This issue was observed to also occur in DFU 0.10.26.
4. This issue occurs irrespective of the PC's location (whether interior [including dungeon, inn, inn with rented room, guild hall, residence] or exterior [including PC is comfortable with the current and transitional weather and does not possess the Damage From Sunlight Disadvantage] during Step 3.
5. This issue also occurs when the PC has enough Rations and filled Waterskins to survive approximately 19 days without incurring hunger or thirst penalties.
6. This issue can be resolved by enabling godmode in the console or disabling the mod prior to Step 3, progressing until the PC becomes a Vampire, then disabling godmode or re-enabling the mod.
7. The prompt displayed in Step 3 is: Death is not always eternal. For some it is merely a time of waiting. Now is your time of waiting. Be patient and all will be revealed... (This is the default Daggerfall message displayed after three days have passed since contracting Vampirism.)
8. During Step 4, a message displaying You are exhausted and need to rest... occasionally appears.

Further Thoughts and Suggestions
The PC appears to be dying from exhaustion in the approximately 15 or so days it takes to "wake up" directly following the initial three day incubation period. A similar issue was reported by other users within this thread to occur following a PC serving time in jail after having committed a crime, but I have not investigated this particular issue in either DFU 0.11.7 or 0.10.26. Perhaps the game considers the PC to be "active" all throughout that interim as it previously did regarding fast travel in earlier builds? Monster proximity does not seem to have any effect: the usual message in line of "You pass out from exhaustion and in this state you are easy prey for wandering monsters, never to awaken again" never appears either before or after Steps 3 or 4.
cncvampirismbug1.jpg
cncvampirismbug1.jpg (75.03 KiB) Viewed 3208 times
cncvampirismbug2.jpg
cncvampirismbug2.jpg (57.71 KiB) Viewed 3208 times
cncvampirismbug3.jpg
cncvampirismbug3.jpg (15.96 KiB) Viewed 3208 times
QA Issue #1
Observation
The user continues to receive hunger messages after the PC becomes a Vampire.
Personal Concern: Minor. No penalties or other detrimental effects seemed to occur no matter how much time passed without eating. Might be somewhat confusing or misleading since PC Vampires don't need to eat food.

Steps
1. Ensure the title and mod are properly installed, launch the title, enable the mod, select Play > Load Saved Game, and select a character that is a Vampire.
2. Open the Travel Map > select any destination > Begin.
3. After Fast Traveling, observe that a hunger message appears.
Reproduction Rate
Notes
1. This issue also occasionally occurs when walking around normally.
2. During step 3, Rations were consumed once.
3. The message displayed during Step 3 is: Your stomach rumbles...

Note 2 was observed to only occur once during reproduction attempts. Notably, it happened only after initiating fast travel to a new location while wearing enough to begin suffering heat penalties ("You are getting dizzy from the heat..." tier). No further attempts were able to elicit the same behavior. Is this overall behavior possibly intended so that PC Vampires can still benefit from Fatigue restoration through tavern food and be notified when it wears out?

QA Issue #2
Observation
The camping message prompt does not properly display the Rest or Pack options.
Personal Concern: Minor. The options are still selectable and function appropriately despite being "invisible" on the UI. Furthermore, users who are interested in Survival-lite mechanics will most likely also be interested in other "Realism" mods. Still, it is possible that someone might not like what RoleplayRealism does or prefers a different mod for something similar.

Steps
1. Ensure the title and mod are properly installed, launch the title, enable the mod, select Play > Start New Game, and create a new character.
2. Open the Inventory, select Use, and click on the Camping Equipment to deploy the item in the world.
3. Observe that a camping message prompt appears and does not properly display the Rest or Pack options.
Reproduction Rate
Notes
1. This issue also occurs with the DREAM HUD and Menu textures module enabled.
2. This issue does not occur when the RoleplayRealism mod (v1.3) [NOT RoleplayRealism-Items] is enabled and loaded before C&C.
3. This issue also occurs when Travel Options (v1.4) is enabled, but note 2 is not.
4. The camping message prompt displayed during step 3 is: Do you wish to rest? with the only visible option being: Cancel

RoleplayRealism is listed as a requirement for Climates and Calories on the mod's Nexusmods page, but does not actually require RR to be enabled from the DFU modlist before entering gameplay. It appears C&C is sourcing RR directly for its UI assets regarding these two options as opposed to having it included in its own files. Is the dependency intentional (if so, a stricter check could save some people a headache)?

I was unable to attach screenshots for the QA issues in this post (three file limitation it would seem) and they shall follow in the next.
Last edited by Khrabanas on Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Khrabanas

Post by Khrabanas »

In regards to the above reports, more screenshots.
QA Issue #1 screens:
The poxy message...
cncvampfasttravel.jpg
cncvampfasttravel.jpg (53.83 KiB) Viewed 3206 times
Confirming I am indeed not requiring food:
cncvampfasttravel2.jpg
cncvampfasttravel2.jpg (69.11 KiB) Viewed 3206 times
QA Issue #2:
cnccampotions.jpg
cnccampotions.jpg (64.48 KiB) Viewed 3206 times
For efficiency, I have reduced all screenshots in resolution by at least half and saved them for universal viewing compatibility as lower-quality .jpgs. Please let me know if you would prefer them uploaded elsewhere, in a different quality/format, or something else.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Hi, thank you for the extensive bug reports. I am about to release 1.5.11 which will fix these issues as well as a compatability issue with Ironman Options.

The playable character (PC) dies after contracting Vampirism.
Fixed. This was caused by a change done in DFU to make sure people got the vampire dream, by forcing it to play during fast travel. This messed with C&Cs ability to detect what state you were in and defaulted to using the rules for normal play while the game time was running at super speed.

The user continues to receive hunger messages after the PC becomes a Vampire.
Fixed. I did this quick and dirty back when I originally coded it, because what I wanted to do was switch to using the vampires need to feed as a hunger counter instead of the normal food counter. This is still not available so I went over the code and removed a couple of places where the mod would give you text messages even though you were a vampire.

The camping message prompt does not properly display the Rest or Pack options.
Not an issue. This mod must be used in combination with its required mods to work correctly.
Khrabanas wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:09 pm Further Thoughts and Suggestions
RoleplayRealism is listed as a requirement for Climates and Calories on the mod's Nexusmods page, but does not actually require RR to be enabled from the DFU modlist before entering gameplay. It appears C&C is sourcing RR directly for its UI assets regarding these two options as opposed to having it included in its own files. Is the dependency intentional (if so, a stricter check could save some people a headache)?
Yes, most of my mods are coded with the assumption that you are using RP&R and RP&R:Items. So I do not include extra code to handle instances where this is not the case. C&C uses multiple features from these mods, particularly armors from RP&R:I.
At the moment, the nexus page will inform you that those mods are required when you download C&C, and also the mod list will inform you if one of them is missing. However, there might currently be a problem with the mod list, where it does not give a warning message if you have the required mod, but it is not activated. I will check this with the grown-ups.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Climates & Calories v 1.5.11 released

Vampirism bugfixes
Ironman Options compatability