[MOD] Climates & Calories

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Allerka

Re: [MOD] Climates & Calories

Post by Allerka »

Ralzar wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 7:53 pm This will be solved in the next update, where instead of saying "You have already set up your tent." it just deletes the existing tent and sets up the new one.

Until then, go into your savefile and delete the Climates&Calories.txt file. That will reset the mods values and the camping equipment will work again.
Done and done!

The mod rolls for chance of spoilage at intervals. In the next update I will lower the chance of spoilage happening in the next update.
I figured it was a random roll, it was just like, "Dang, that was fast!"

It usually checks Stealth. If you have a bow, the test is usually easier. Also, luck is usually a factor. I may have to review the difficulty though. I might have made it a bit too hard for lower level characters.
Hmm, my character is level 15, Stealth skill of 56%, Luck of 53, and I always have a bow equipped (Doing the sword/bow hybrid setup). I've only tried a couple times in the last couple levels, but make of that what you will.

EDIT: And, go figure, immediately after posting this, I try it again and finally succeed in a hunt, heh.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

I just discovered a bug with the hunting code. It never returned true for bow. Meaning that you would always hunt with your hands, which has a lower chance of success.

v1.3.4 out in a few minutes

Made dungeons colder
Some changes to tent mechanic.
Added a check to bring flying tents in savegames down to earth.
Fixed the bows in hunting.

Allerka

Post by Allerka »

So I noticed the mod manager was saying I was still on 1.3.2, which I thought was weird because I could have sworn I downloaded 1.3.4. At first I thought Vortex was screwing up again, but even manually downloading the file and checking the timestamp (5/28 at 9:44) of the file, it said 1.3.2. I completely purged it from the game (deleted the mod are all references in the mod config file) and reinstalled, still said 1.3.2. I compared it with the actual 1.3.2 file (and 1.3.3 for good measure) and noticed the files are marginally different in size, but the mod manager still swears I'm on 1.3.2 (and it still complains about Tedious Travel being necessary). I haven't tried to open them in Unity, although I guess I could extract the text files and run a diff in VS Code...

EDIT: OK, ran the diff, looks like the "1.3.4" version has the changes it's supposed to, just...the mod manager says it's 1.3.2. Weird.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Allerka wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 12:05 pm So I noticed the mod manager was saying I was still on 1.3.2, which I thought was weird because I could have sworn I downloaded 1.3.4. At first I thought Vortex was screwing up again, but even manually downloading the file and checking the timestamp (5/28 at 9:44) of the file, it said 1.3.2. I completely purged it from the game (deleted the mod are all references in the mod config file) and reinstalled, still said 1.3.2. I compared it with the actual 1.3.2 file (and 1.3.3 for good measure) and noticed the files are marginally different in size, but the mod manager still swears I'm on 1.3.2 (and it still complains about Tedious Travel being necessary). I haven't tried to open them in Unity, although I guess I could extract the text files and run a diff in VS Code...

EDIT: OK, ran the diff, looks like the "1.3.4" version has the changes it's supposed to, just...the mod manager says it's 1.3.2. Weird.
Easy to check:
1: Buy a Camping Equipment
2: Set up camp outside the shop
3: Enter shop
4: Exit shop

Is the tent still there? If yes, you're on 1.3.4. If no, you're on 1.3.3 or lower

Allerka

Post by Allerka »

Hmm, nope, the camp is persisting. This is REALLY frigging weird. This is the file I've installed:
2020-05-29_08-45-40.png
2020-05-29_08-45-40.png (18.92 KiB) Viewed 1299 times
But then I go into the game and it says 1.3.2. I'm starting to suspect I need to just delete the game and reinstall everything from scratch. I've noticed Vortex keeps arbitrarily changing what version of certain mods is installed, or outright deleting files at random. Wouldn't surprise me if something's gotten utterly borked along the way. There's like half a dozen mods on my list that don't even work any more.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Do what I do, just download the DFU live build into a new folder each time there's a new build. Then just download over again all mods that have been updated recently. Then copy the rest over from the old mods folder.

My DFU folder has a bout 20 folders by now for 0.10.15, 0.10.16, 0.10.17 etc

That way, if ti turns out to be something wrong with the newest build, I can always just switch back to earlier versions.

But it seems like you're using a mod manager. That might not be the best solution with DFU in its current state.

Allerka

Post by Allerka »

Yep, that's the same way I've been doing it, putting each build into a new folder (I've still got 10.22 in its own folder for testing/confirming bugs). I was using Nexus' Vortex manager for the mods and to launch the game, but, like I said, it's been screwing up regularly. Nexus' mod manager programs have always been sketchy at best (I remember having problems with their stuff for FO4, Skyrim, Dragon Age, etc.).

And now the game keeps crashing every 10-20 minutes (Suddenly started doing that a couple days ago). Yeah, time for a fresh install.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

I bet the mod managers work really poorly with this because DFU doesn't act like a normal game. You install a new version in a new location each time. THat's not the behaviour a mod manager will expect.

Allerka

Post by Allerka »

That's part of it, although the bulk of the issues comes from things like, every time a mod updates, it has trouble replacing the previous version sometimes, or sometimes it'll try to load both versions, or if the mod changes names it gets even worse. It keeps saying the Archaeologists mod does nothing (which obviously isn't true). And as I mentioned above, I'll discover it installed the wrong version of a mod, or it'll randomly delete files (like half the textures for Realtime Reflections just vanished, along with the DREAM dungeon exit hotfix, for example).

I've deleted the game, I've deleted the mod data and settings in the AppData folder, reinstalled everything from scratch, manually installed the mod from the 1.3.4 zip file with zero Vortex involvement, and it's STILL saying C&C is 1.3.2. I'm at a complete loss as to what's going on. I extracted the text files again, and looked in camping.cs. I see there's a Destroy_OnTransition class in there, which I assume is what removes the tent when you move maps. But I play the actual game and nothing happens when I do that. I even tried making a new character to make sure it wasn't some kind of residual save data mucking with it, no luck. If I'm the only one encountering this, then it stands to reason it's something weird on my end. As I was mentioning in another thread, I seem to be perpetually cursed to have code act really weird around me (I've lost count of the number of times I've run into things like conditional branches firing the "if true" event despite the conditions being false, in defiance of all rational logic). I'll keep poking around, see if I can figure anything out.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Well, good news for you: my version of DFU does the same :D

I'll do some research into what's going on here. Because I just checked the build in the editor, and that says 1.3.4

Edit: Oh what the hell. It's saved in the mod builder as 1.3.4 but the actual code in the json file says 1.3.2. I'll have to be more aware of this in the future.