[MOD] Climates & Calories

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Ralzar

Re: [MOD] Climates & Cloaks

Post by Ralzar »

Nope. You have allways been able to wear two cloaks.

And yes, C&C gives you warmth for both of them. So for maximum warmth, wear two Formal Cloaks with the hood up.

L57

Post by L57 »

Ralzar wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:12 pm Nope. You have allways been able to wear two cloaks.

And yes, C&C gives you warmth for both of them. So for maximum warmth, wear two Formal Cloaks with the hood up.
Great! Now I see how to survive in the mountains :)

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

version 1.1.0 out

Added clothing damage that happens randomly. The odds of it increases as the temperature gets more extreme.

Added armor rusting. Walking around with wet metal armor will cause it damage over time.

L57

Post by L57 »

Does it include chain armor?

Is it optional? I'm not sure whether I'd like to play with this ON, because clothes and armor still getting torn/damaged too slow from weapons. iI wouldn't fit very well into gameplay - at least to me - if weather damages armor harder than hammers and axes.

On the other hand, it's cool to have an incentive to update wardrobe sometimes. Otherwise you can buy all clothes in the beginning and never care again, which is not good either. Cannot decide on this... :|

EDIT: Probably it's reasonable to make separate mod which speeds up cloth/armor damage from weapon and also activates damage from weather if C&C is installed? Approach similar to Roleplay/Loot Realism mods.

EDIT2: Just remembered RR should fix slow damage issue, but frankly speaking I haven't notice any effect with this option yet.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

What this feature attempts to fix, is first of all, the fact that clothes never recieve any damage. This is also true with the R&R mod.
The clothing damage is not a lot but is intended to slowly wear down clothing while in hard weather.

The armor decay only hits if you are walking around wet for extended periods. If it’s raining, cover it with a cloak. If you’re swimming, rest afterwards to dry off.

And I’ve had much the same experience with R&R: the armor damage from hits haven’t been noticable. Which is probably good materials have an ABSURD amount of hitpoints.

L57

Post by L57 »

Ralzar wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:38 pm What this feature attempts to fix, is first of all, the fact that clothes never recieve any damage. This is also true with the R&R mod.
The clothing damage is not a lot but is intended to slowly wear down clothing while in hard weather.

The armor decay only hits if you are walking around wet for extended periods. If it’s raining, cover it with a cloak. If you’re swimming, rest afterwards to dry off.

And I’ve had much the same experience with R&R: the armor damage from hits haven’t been noticable. Which is probably good materials have an ABSURD amount of hitpoints.
Do you or Hazelnut plan to update RR to make armor damage noticable? And clothes as well, it's almost hurts now that they are invulnerable :lol:

PS: my leather and chain armor don't get any noticable damage too. Maybe this feature doesn't work as intended at all? :|

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

In the next up date I'm going to split up the settings for clothes and armor decay. So it's possible to just have clothes damage and not armor.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Why? I misunderstood and thought you were also doing armor dmg from combat, so don't do that on my account. What you have is compatible with my stuff. :)
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Hazelnut wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:51 pm Why? I misunderstood and thought you were also doing armor dmg from combat, so don't do that on my account. What you have is compatible with my stuff. :)
:)

Nah, I'll probably still do it. It seemed a bit sloppy to have them both in one setting and that way it's clearer for the player what effects he is choosing.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

While discussing my mod with someone I got asked if there was any benefits to the mod. Which kind of caught me off guard at the time, because I consider the benefit to be more realism/immersion and increased challange.

That said, having thought about what positive effects the mod could have, I thought of the following:

Preferred Climate
Each race has a type of climate that they enjoy. While in that climate and NOT too warm or cold, they get some kind of minor buff?
Nords in mountains, Redguards in subtropical, khajiit in desert etc.

Does that sound like a good idea?