[MOD] Climates & Calories

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Ralzar

Re: [MOD]Climates & Cloaks

Post by Ralzar »

I have been playing an Argonian "Swamp Ranger" for the last days with C&C to try out how the argonian stuff works.

After getting out of Privateers Hold and doing a few quests, I've decided to rebalance it a bit. Debuffs will now start at the same time as the text changes (which wasn't quite the case before). So it works like this:

"You are absorbing too much heat/cold..."
Half Fatigue damage compared to other races.

"The heat/cold... is slowing you down..."
Double Fatigue damage compared to other races.
Half Attribute Debuff compared to other races.

"Soon you will be... too warm/cold... to move..."
Double Fatigue damage compared to other races.
Double Attribute Debuff compared to other races.
Normal Health Damage.

I didn't do anything with the damage penalty because by the time an argonian hits that level he's going to have enough problems.

Argonians are still the most sensitive to cold and most hardy vs heat.

So, after testing argonians, I think I made playing argonian slightly harder.

Build 0.9.2 live on nexus.

ZerioctheTank

Post by ZerioctheTank »

My poor nightblade argonian couldn't find any shoes, and made the mistake running outside of Privateer hold. Shortly after he got outside he realized he contracted a fatal disease, and while trying to desperately run to town got ambushed by three sabre cats. He barely made it into the nearest temple in time before he succumbed to the cold.

I was messing around with the mod on another character, and he was having quite a bit of difficulty staying warm. Besides the formal cloaks what else has cold protection?

Dubiousintent

Post by Dubiousintent »

You can layer clothing. It's not obvious, but the "casual cloak" is lighter weight and less warm than the "formal cloak" and you can wear both at once. The types of shirts (long and short), pants (long, short, loincloth, etc), footwear (sandals, shoes, boots, tall boots, etc.) all are intended to have different effects as well. Different materials in the armor, as well as time of day are also intended to matter. I've found my Argonian needs to remove most armor during the day to get cool enough but it's still early days with this mod for me. As the mod develops some things supposedly will evolve.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Next update coming soon. I just rewrote the mod from scratch, so at this point I will officially launch version 1.0

This will make the mod more stable and have the text info sync up more with each other.

In addition, cloaks will change how they work based on how you wear them. So having the hood up/down or cloak over/behind shoulders will change how much they warm/protect you.

Clothes are also now much better at detecting when you leave skin bare or not. So if you're just wearing a shirt, or just pants, on a sunny day, you will get burned.

Also added some rules for vampires and lycanthropes. Vampires had better keep that hood up if they're going into the desert during the day ;)

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Nice nice, looking forward!

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Even though i am not using this i wanted to say that this is great work. It's great to see so many amazing mods for DFU already.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

V1.0 launched.

The mod is now re-written from scratch. Mechanics and effects reviewed.
New additions:

* Manual in PDF form.

* Lycantrophes have a small resistance to heat/cold. In beast-form they ignore heat/cold.

* Vampires have resistance to cold. Sunlight damage is increased with increased heat. Wearing a hood will protect them from this extra damage.

* Cloaks mechanics re-designed. Casual Cloaks is now lighter and Formal Cloaks warmer. How you wear the cloak affects how much heat it gives you.

* Redguards and Dark Elves do not get sunburned unless the temperature is extreme.

yabay

Post by yabay »

Last edited by yabay on Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

yabay wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:22 pm Great! This is one of my favorite mods. This mod provides immersion, as in high fantasy books. Will this update work with an existing character?
Great to hear :)
This will work fine with existing characters.

L57

Post by L57 »

I wonder how much micro-management does C&C require? I like this idea a lot, but I hesitate if it's too much on survival side for my taste. :?:

I'd like this if it reminds me of what clothes to wear given current climate with some moderate debuffs, but not overtly demanding. Description looks extremely promising so far, but I'd like to know how this feels in this regard.

Currently, without this mod, I pay attention to appearance due to role-playing purposes too. I try to make sure that my PC clothes are adequate to climatic conditions, and sometimes I wear civilian clothes if going to stay in city for a long time. Am I already nerdy enough to not notice any significant changes with this mod? :lol:

Btw, I already like mentioned 'overheat effect' from armor in advance. That is really cool.