[MOD] Climates & Calories

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Ralzar

Re: [MOD] Climates & Cloaks

Post by Ralzar »

So, development is progressing with a lot of help from Hazelnut and BadLuckBurt.

The mod now also lets you rest by clicking fireplaces or campfires. Which means I can flag these as camping, allowing you to sleep and get warm by any sources of heat you find while dungeon crawling.
What I have not completely decided yet, is if you can use your camping equipment indoors. On the realistic side I can see the argument for, but from a gameplay perspective I suspect the mod would work better if camping is for outside.
Alternatively, I might make drying go much faster by fires. I have to think some more about this.

Also, I have decided to merge Climates & Cloaks with Filling Food. These two mods are so complementary to eachother that keeping them seperate will start being a hassle now that they both are getting custom items and more complex functions. Together they will form the basis of a travel mod intended to be used with Tedious Travel.

Filling Food now has several food items and I am looking into making a "Warm Ashes"-like hunting system so you can gain food along the way. Once that is up and running I will consider adding a hunger mechanism. And then comes the question of how heat/cold and hunger interacts.

Also, I suddenly realized that now that I can add custom items I will look into adding some kind of Water item that helps with the heat. Perhaps a "water skin" that lowers your temperature and depletes over time while in the heat and a matching "rum barrel" item that heats you up.

Regnier

Post by Regnier »

is it possible to add a warmth and cover value somewhere? maybe under the weight.

for instance are tall boots more warming than plate boots? khajiit suit?

Thanks

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Yes, all clothing items have different levels of warmth. A long shirt is warmer than a short shirt for example.

Regnier

Post by Regnier »

Ive been getting debuffed in the wild (it may be the area im in is particularly inhospitable) even when im wearing tunic/coat, pants, 2 formal cloaks.

So since armor saps heat, its a good idea to have a warmth outfit for travelling and you put armor on for encounters?

Warmth/cover values would be helpful for this or maybe more descriptive notes. Dunno, just throwin ideas out

Thanks

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

At the moment I'm not able to mod in information directly on the inventory items, so the best you'll get is the Status information which tells you how warmly dressed you are. Notice also that this text tells you what kind of climate you are in and the season, both of which can have a huge impact on the temperature.

Also, the mod is not designed so you can always avoid being affected by it. Some times it's just too hot or too cold for you and the challenge is to make do even if you are getting some negative effect.

The Status text should really always tell you what you need to do better unless there really isn't anything for you to do except suffer through it.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Mod development continues but needs an updated Live Build to work.

Recently:

Waterskin that protects against heat, but slowly drains.

Starvation, a new Fatigue sapping effect that starts 24 hours after your last meal.

Rations that protect against Starvation.

Fresh food items that give fatigue buff for different amounts of time.

Fresh food gets... not so fresh over time.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

DFU Live Build 0.10.22 out, but this does unfortunately NOT contain the changes needed to launch my new version of C&C.

Just as well since I am up to my ears in the code trying to merge it with Filling Food.

Zelania

Post by Zelania »

I just registered to thank you for your work on this mod. It's really incredible and I'm in awe at the amount of detail and thought going into this. Thank you!

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Zelania wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:41 pm I just registered to thank you for your work on this mod. It's really incredible and I'm in awe at the amount of detail and thought going into this. Thank you!
Thank you! :D
Although I obviously started this for my own sake, it is really cool to see so many people using my mod and agreeing with me in how this game can be improved :)

Ralzar

Re: [MOD] Climates & Calories

Post by Ralzar »

Mod updated and rebranded to

Climates & Calories

Filling Food is now merged into the mod.

It now requires Tedious Travel to work (blame Tedious Travel for that)

Added Food items to General Stores.

Added Camping Equipment to stores. Lets you set up a tent to sleep in.

Added ability to click on campfires and fireplaces to rest by them.

Added temperature effects if NOT sleeping by a fire, in a house or in a tent.

Added Waterskin item that protects against extreme heat.

Added Rations that protect against Starvation

Added Starvation effects that ramp up for each day without food.

Added Hunting events that happen randomly in the wilderness. Higher luck increases odds of hunting event.

Added Encumbrance and Starvation info to the Status textbox.

Added... probably a bunch of stuff I can't remember any more because it's been so long since I coded it :D

Added a bunch of bugs. Probably. Time will tell.