[MOD] Climates & Calories

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Ralzar

Re: [MOD] Climates & Calories

Post by Ralzar »

Regnier wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:03 am Hey im not sure why but my stamina keeps draining and im not sure why. Its not poison or disease, im warm enough and well fed/rested. I cant tell if its definitely this mod but i dont know what else it would be.

Also i think the food runs out too quickly. It should either keep for longer or you should be able to stop and instigate a hunt to get food. I know you can get prompted but it happens really infrequently.

thanks
There is a small fatigue drain if you are in the wilderness and not on a road/path. It might be this you are seeing?

As for food, make sure you pack a bag or two of rations. The food is to give you a temporary fatigue buff during travel. Rations is to make sure you don't starve.

Regnier

Post by Regnier »

Ralzar wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:38 pm
Regnier wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:03 am Hey im not sure why but my stamina keeps draining and im not sure why. Its not poison or disease, im warm enough and well fed/rested. I cant tell if its definitely this mod but i dont know what else it would be.

Also i think the food runs out too quickly. It should either keep for longer or you should be able to stop and instigate a hunt to get food. I know you can get prompted but it happens really infrequently.

thanks
There is a small fatigue drain if you are in the wilderness and not on a road/path. It might be this you are seeing?

As for food, make sure you pack a bag or two of rations. The food is to give you a temporary fatigue buff during travel. Rations is to make sure you don't starve.
thanks for the quick response.

i think it was happening in wilderness so ill keep an eye on that (but i think i was in a tavern seeing it drop wondering if ill die if i sleep.)

also rations are the only thing keeping me alive lol. i buy food and travel for a day and its all mouldy. i always find food when i dont need it, i guess im just unlucky...

also are there plans to add warmth/protection descriptions? are robes warm? are reversible tunics the same as formal tunics?

id like to hover over items and see their rating, or have a rating in the status description with more clear outlines.

just 2 cents

cheers

KovuCougar

Post by KovuCougar »

This seems to happen fairly often. Not sure if it's intentional, so asking.

I have many pieces of 'meat'. I notice my indicator says "your rations sustain you", so I eat a piece of meat, now it says "you are not hungry" and if I try to eat again, I'm told I'm not hungry.

Using Travel Options, I find my road and start to travel (f).

Within just a few seconds (less than an hour game time) I autostop with the message "your stomach rumbles" and I have to eat again.

I'm just wondering if there's a rhyme or reason to eating vs stomach rumbling if you eat before being told your stomach is rumbling, since I seem to go through an excessive amount of 'meat' some days compared to others because of this phenomena. Is there some other trigger or trick I just haven't figured out yet?

DFU 0.10.28
C&C 1.5.3

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

I'm honestly not quite sure. If you eat so you are full (completely fresh piece of meat), you get a fatigue regen for 3 hours. For ech level of rot, the time is reduced. Most when meat goes from "Meat" to "Smelly Meat". I think that halves the time if I remember correctly.
So at best it'll be 3 hours before you get the "You stomache rumbles" messages which can happen fast if you travel at high speed. Still though, there might be something off here as I seem to also sometimes run into situations where I get that message weirdly fast.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Had a bit of a hiatus from modding, but back now. I'm still working on thirst which is mostly up and running. Working out a couple of kinks and I have to get the 3D fountains to work. Hazelnut did a change to the DFU code so I should be able to make the fountains clickable now.

At the moment a water skin will last you for a dungeon crawl as long as you don't spend way too long. Also, if its hot you'll use water much faster.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

version 1.5.4 out

Adds thirst mechanic.
Your character regularly drinks from his waterskin.
How often he drinks depends on how hot it is.
Clicking fountains, wells, water spouts, barmaids or innkeepers refills the waterskin.
Submerging in water also refills the skin.

Also, when using the Camping Equipment in the inventory, you will simply get a "There are enemies nearby" popup instead of setting up camp somewhere you can't sleep.

emmathepony

Post by emmathepony »

Loving the waterskin additions!

Floppy N'Wah

Post by Floppy N'Wah »

Quick one, just curious if the new fur armors in R&RP give warmth bonus? Could be useful in colder areas.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

They don't yet, but they will shortly. I sent Ralzar some code for this earlier today.

I imagine that keeping a set around may prove useful for summer people in freezing climates! :)
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Floppy N'Wah

Post by Floppy N'Wah »

SWEEET, Okay Ralzar you heard Hazelnut. Get it done :lol: Edit= Thank you Both for all you do. But Ralzar Nexus seems to dislike you for some raisin lol they refuse to show your updates