[MOD] Climates & Calories

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Ralzar

Re: [MOD]Climates & Cloaks

Post by Ralzar »

New version of Climates&Cloaks out

* Wet effects for swimming, wading, rain and snow that will make you colder.
* Cloaks protect against rain and snow. But if it's raining hard enough, it'll start to soak through.
* Cloaks split into Casual (light) and Formal (heavy) cloaks. For a small or large warmth bonus.
* Cloaks protect against extreme heat. Although with a heavy cloak it will probably even out.
* Argonian specific texts.
* Mod settings for changing some of the fancier features in the mod.

Dubiousintent

Post by Dubiousintent »

I did indeed have two different C&C dfmod files. I uninstalled both, tested, and the messages disappeared. I then re-installed v0.8.5 without enabling it, and the messages remained gone. I then enabled it and the messages started up again, but this time stopped when I disabled it again. So it looks like the problem was caused by the slight change to the mod name (looked like an extra space slipped in) faking me into believing I had disabled it when only one was affected.

Thanks for the feedback. Now I can give v0.9.1 a try. :lol:

Jeoshua

Post by Jeoshua »

Yay! I helped!

Ralzar it was either a formatting change or a file name change. Really minor. But it bit me too, I just didn't mention it until just then because I was embarrassed I didn't see it sooner :lol:

Aleryn

Post by Aleryn »

Even more ways to die horribly from exposure! Thanks Ralzar!

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Jeoshua wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:36 am Ralzar it was either a formatting change or a file name change. Really minor. But it bit me too, I just didn't mention it until just then because I was embarrassed I didn't see it sooner :lol:
Dammit, I have to check this later today. I'm betting it happened when I moved from devloping in 0.10.13 to 0.10.14. I didn't know how to migrate properly, so just moved the script file and created the next version of the mod as a new mod.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Aleryn wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:59 am Even more ways to die horribly from exposure! Thanks Ralzar!
You're welcome! :lol:

You're all learning what my p&p rpg group allready knows: I hate player characters and want them to die horrible, un-heroic deaths. :twisted:

ZerioctheTank

Post by ZerioctheTank »

Ralzar wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:30 am
Aleryn wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:59 am Even more ways to die horribly from exposure! Thanks Ralzar!

You're all learning what my p&p rpg group allready knows: I hate player characters and want them to die horrible, un-heroic deaths. :twisted:
We need more DMs like you in the world. All of these PG13 campaigns fantasy campaigns where the world bends to your every whim bore me to death.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

ZerioctheTank wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:41 pm
Ralzar wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:30 am

We need more DMs like you in the world. All of these PG13 campaigns fantasy campaigns where the world bends to your every whim bore me to death.
Haha, I run WFRP homebrew campaigns. One of my players is known for allways contracting bowel diseases with his characters :D
And I allways make sure to figure out some way to at least have a decent shot at killing them, otherwise they won't take the campaign seriously. So far I have a tally of:
* Torn apart by wolves.
* Killed in war a top a pile of corpses.
* Fell off a hellcanon on a bridge.
* Killed by skaven assassins.
* Tried to attain deamonhood, tricked by deamon and killed in a duel with it.
* Fell of the Cathedral Bell-tower while battling the Bad Guy.

In addition I sometimes run single-session adventures with pre-gen characters where the norm is complete or partial party-wipe.

I remember a guy at work showing me his custom metal miniature his whole group had ordered for their D&D character for their long-running campaign.
My reaction was: If you had brought that to my table I'd have brought a set of hardware tools for when he started getting disfigured...
:twisted:

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

For the holidays I'm starting a new argonian character to test out C&C and LootRealism.
And while I'm at it, R&R, Ironman System, Unleveled Mobs etc.

Time to get a feeling for how this actually feels to a normal player. I hope I die a lot :D

Jeoshua

Post by Jeoshua »

I remember modding years ago for Morrowind, and always my tester would be an Argonian named Why-Me or Suffers-By-The-Gods or World-Breaker... Something to that end.