[MOD] Climates & Calories

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Ralzar

Re: [MOD] Climates & Calories

Post by Ralzar »

That should not be happening as I removed mod effects from prison time. Check that you are using the newest version of C&C.

Lhotun

Post by Lhotun »

Hello,

I was trying out this mod, it really improves the immersion!

There is just one thing that seems strange to me. The camping equipment breaks after using it two or three time. Is this normal?
I am not sure if it is the way it is supposed to work, I thought it might be affected by some other mods.

Orbarth

Post by Orbarth »

Lhotun wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:39 am There is just one thing that seems strange to me. The camping equipment breaks after using it two or three time. Is this normal?
I am not sure if it is the way it is supposed to work, I thought it might be affected by some other mods.
It's normal, Ralzar mentionned that the starting equipment you have is already badly damaged.
Newly purchased camping equipment should last for +/- 50 uses.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Yup, the starting equipment is almost completely broken specifically to teach the player at the start that camping equipment does not last forever if you don't repair it.
It's not a problem in Privateers Hold though. As there's a bunch of fires you can use for camping instead of the camping equipment.

Lhotun

Post by Lhotun »

Ah, this makes perfect sense.
Orbarth wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:03 am
Lhotun wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:39 am There is just one thing that seems strange to me. The camping equipment breaks after using it two or three time. Is this normal?
It's normal, Ralzar mentionned that the starting equipment you have is already badly damaged.
Newly purchased camping equipment should last for +/- 50 uses.
Ralzar wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:47 am Yup, the starting equipment is almost completely broken specifically to teach the player at the start that camping equipment does not last forever if you don't repair it.
It's not a problem in Privateers Hold though. As there's a bunch of fires you can use for camping instead of the camping equipment.
Thanks for the reply!
And Ralzar, thanks and congratulation for the great work!

I am struggling a little because I am playing a new run with random starting dungeon and no fast travel (except boat). My character is a Breton and when I went out the first dungeon I found myself in the middle of the desert of Bergama, very far from any city or village. I am trying to reach a port from there, but it is not easy at all.

It is a little frustrating but the reason why I love Daggerfall is the fact that it seems a different game each time you play it. Struggling to survive in the desert it's a whole new experience.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Hah, that's rough man. I suspect the problem is that you did not start with a water skin. I'll have to check if I put that as part of the starting items. If I didn't I'll make sure to remedy that.
You're kinda lucky though. In that the game start is in winter, so at least the desert is at its coldest.

If you have a water skin. Make sure to stop by ANY locations on the way. You can refill water skins by walk into pools or by clicking: innkeepers, barmaids, wells, waterspouts or fountains.

Gilga

Post by Gilga »

Ralzar wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:09 am That should not be happening as I removed mod effects from prison time. Check that you are using the newest version of C&C.
I use the newest version. If I'm arrested and serve my time, it's fine.
But if I'm not found guilty and released, my stamina goes down all the way and character dies.

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

I still must complain: you actually took the Mead completely out of Daggerfall..
This is sacrilege, and I for one will not stand for it !

It is all the worse because I don't even miss it anymore: I'm drinking nilad wine and I don't even know what the freak it is ?!
And I'm liking it !!
A pox upon thee my good man !!
A big pussy bright yellow pox seeping and oozing, on thee until I get my Mead back..
There must be a reason, a reason for no Mead....
Check out my YouTube Channel!

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Have you tried taking a holiday to Wrothgaria? :D

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

Ralzar wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:18 pm Have you tried taking a holiday to Wrothgaria? :D

Just another reason to ride my wagon for like a week, and I am leaving from wildertown/Daggerall......ehehehehe....

And with that I gleefully ride off into the moonlight bumping into stuff as I go......in my wagon......
Check out my YouTube Channel!