[MOD] Climates & Calories

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Allerka

Re: [MOD] Climates & Calories

Post by Allerka »

That's...mildly relieving, heh. I was starting to question my sanity a bit. I'm still REALLY confused how the code in the extracted files has the functions for stuff like removing the tent on map transition, but when I fire up the game nothing actually happens. I won't sweat it too much right now since everything else seems to work. To be honest, though, now I'm more worried about trying to figure out why the game is crashing every 10-20 minutes. I can't find any rhyme or reason to when it happens or what's triggering it, so this should be extra fun as I slowly roll back any mod updates and changes.

Allerka

Post by Allerka »

So I've discovered a weird mod interaction during my various bug-hunting efforts. After my fresh reinstall, I noticed Convenient Clock seemed to stop working, in that the clock wouldn't show up any more. Turning mods on and off, I eventually traced it this mod. I was quite surprised to discover it, but whenever this mod is higher in the load order, CC breaks. Luckily switching it so CC is higher than C&C fixes it. I definitely wouldn't have expected that. Figured I should share the info in case anyone else ever runs into the problem.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

V1.3.7 released

This should solve all problems with DFU build 0.10.24

Antony89

Post by Antony89 »

How do you actually survive swimming? I died from just getting cold in the water... i dont see a solution

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Get out of the water and either use camping equipment to make a fire, or find an existing fire in the dungeon.

Laicus

Post by Laicus »

Ralzar wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:16 pm Climates & Calories
Thank you very much!
This is just a fantastic mod, if DFU will have more and more of such gameplay features, it will be just the game of all time! It turns out that Unity has much more opportunities to implement new gameplay features than, for example, Morrowind with MWSE or Skyrim. Or am I wrong?

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Laicus wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:03 pm It turns out that Unity has much more opportunities to implement new gameplay features than, for example, Morrowind with MWSE or Skyrim. Or am I wrong?
Having never modded for any other game I can't say anything with certainty, but I would think DFU has two advantages:

1: Daggerfall being a very broad and solid foundation for a much larger game than it started out as.

2: Unity being a game-building engine. So in theory you could do just about anything. The only obstacle being your skill and what DFU has made available to mod. Which I think is planned to be expanded on in the time to come, as the vanilla features of Daggerfall is almost all completed.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

v1.3.8 out
Fixes bug with Starvation.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Going on vacation for a week, so won't be able to code for a while. But there are three features that are now more or less possible for me to do, I just haven't taken the time to code them:

Sleep effects
Add a mechanic for sleeping. The plan is to have 12 hours without any change, then a debuff for every 12 hours after that. To remove the debuff, you have to sleep 7 hours + debuffs.
I might also include "quality of sleep" based on where you are sleeping. With sleep quality going from high quality tavern, low quality tavern, camp outside and then at the bottom: sleep on the ground.

Rest deny or interrupt
Will allow the mod to say "It is too cold to rest here." Forcing you to keep going or make a proper camp to rest. When I can do this I can also apply harsher penalties, which will also lessen sleep quality.

Tavern food
Change prices and names(regional?) of tavern food. The different foods will fill you up to different amounts. Drink can make you drunk. Be able to buy the custom food items through the tavern menu.

I have also made some alterations to the advice text. This will make it compatible with Daggerfall vanilla font and will make the text more concise. It will now also remove redundant lines where I used to just have some filler text.

1.png
1.png (73.69 KiB) Viewed 1297 times
2.png
2.png (77.86 KiB) Viewed 1297 times
Last edited by Ralzar on Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

yabay

Post by yabay »

Last edited by yabay on Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.