Unleveled Mobs

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Ah_Ftagn

Re: Unleveled Mobs

Post by Ah_Ftagn »

Given that werewolves have appeared in basically every main elder scrolls game except oblivion (plus ESO), and wereboars are only in Daggerfall, I'd say that it's probably a typo, particularly given the in-game source and the fact that I've noticed no wereboars in Sentinel, but HAVE noticed werewolves.

KovuCougar

Post by KovuCougar »

Had a question about the Unleveled Quest if you don't mind.

Was wondering if you did anything other than adjust the gold reward amounts? Out of curiosity I was comparing the Unleveled Quest stuff to the 0.10.27 quests and was trying to figure out if other changes I was seeing was possibly your work, or if they were various other fixes introduced since the fork.

Flying Kites

Post by Flying Kites »

What is Unlevelled Quests doing? Description is nonexistant.

John Doom

Post by John Doom »

I'd like to have more consistent mobs without making the game harder. Could you split or make optional the two main features?

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

John Doom wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:15 pm I'd like to have more consistent mobs without making the game harder. Could you split or make optional the two main features?
Seeing as all this does is edit the pre-exisitng spawn tables this would be difficult. Like, a daedra dungeon will be hard no matter what type of daedra you put in it. Same as an animal dungeon will be easy no matter the type of animal.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Yeah, this mod already doesn't work well. Daggerfall's enemy selection is so limited, any sort of grouped spawning already determines its level; animal groups will always be low-level, daedra and undead will always be high-level, etc.

John Doom

Post by John Doom »

I'm not sure how this mod works, I didn't see the source code, but if it's possible to replace enemy selection at run-time, maybe you could mix vanilla and unleveled mobs according to the player's level: low levels see vanilla selections, high levels see unleveled selections, the others see mixing of those :?:

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

I think you'd be able to unpack the mod data directly from the dfmod, but if not, here's the repository for it: https://github.com/JayH2971/unleveled-mobs. I only alter the monsters' spawn tables, without changing any mechanics. If you feel capable of going further, I look forward to the result :)

yabay

Post by yabay »

Last edited by yabay on Mon Dec 06, 2021 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

John Doom

Post by John Doom »

Jay_H wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:45 pmIf you feel capable of going further, I look forward to the result :)
:) Here you go! I've modded it the way I said, mixing vanilla and unleveled mobs according to player level.
The new "scaling" option tells the mod after which level it has to use only unleveled mobs: 1 for the original behaviour, more for mixing. 8 may be a good value to help low level players before going unleveled only.
I've tested the mod with a low level character and going to a dungeon: with scaling at "25" I got bats, with scaling at "1" I got mummies.
The mob list is update at each transition. This could be further improved to update only at level up, but I couldn't find a matching event to do it.
Attachments
unleveled-mobs-with-scaling.zip
(14.1 KiB) Downloaded 85 times