Unleveled Mobs

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Ralzar

Re: Unleveled Mobs

Post by Ralzar »

Wait, there are city spawns? I remember getting hunted an killed by a werewolf in a city once, but I thought that was some kind of glitch.
And if so, yes. Rats are perfect for city spawns.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

If I had my way, there'd be city day spawns as well :D Oh, how good it is that I don't know how to do this stuff!

In original Daggerfall they'd only spawn if you left the game running at night and didn't loiter. In DFU they'll spawn during loitering too.

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Ralzar wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:44 pm Wait, there are city spawns? I remember getting hunted an killed by a werewolf in a city once, but I thought that was some kind of glitch.
Haha, hunted in the city by Werewolf would be awesome, especially as low level character. :D

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Jay_H wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:47 pm If I had my way, there'd be city day spawns as well :D Oh, how good it is that I don't know how to do this stuff!
Warm Ashes got you covered. I've had several encounters with thieves and ruffians in the city. Sometimes resulting in a fight.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Seferoth wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:55 pm
Ralzar wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:44 pm Wait, there are city spawns? I remember getting hunted an killed by a werewolf in a city once, but I thought that was some kind of glitch.
Haha, hunted in the city by Werewolf would be awesome, especially as low level character. :D
And I was using Ironman System at the time with the enemy following feature. So I fled into a tavern and the werewolf burst into the common room and killed me right there at the bar.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Seferoth wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:55 pm Haha, hunted in the city by Werewolf would be awesome, especially as low level character. :D
I'm designating city zones at night as "safer areas" where rats, humans, and werewolves spawn. Once you leave the city, a lich or ancient vampire might start chasing you at night, and you're on your own :D

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Jay_H wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:00 pm
Seferoth wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:55 pm Haha, hunted in the city by Werewolf would be awesome, especially as low level character. :D
I'm designating city zones at night as "safer areas" where rats, humans, and werewolves spawn. Once you leave the city, a lich or ancient vampire might start chasing you at night, and you're on your own :D
Oh man, this will be the best damn mod for the game, at least for me. All these scenarios sounds amazing, being hunted in the city by a werewolf, only to retreat outside and ran into vampire ancient. :D

DFIronman

Post by DFIronman »

Jay_H wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:00 pm
This mod sounds fantastic - really looking forward to seeing it flesh out. Nice job, Jay/Hazelnut.

On the point of vampire ancients/liches in the wilderness, would you expect to encounter them out there? I always figured them to be more reclusive types that have minions to go out and do their bidding. Normal vampires in the wild for sure, though.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Good feedback. I wanted to make outdoor nights awful and terrible, but I perhaps went overboard. I'll remove the ancients from those tables ;)

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Oh, and i hope we see some hot boar action in cities as well. I think they should be allowed to snack on players as well. :D