Unleveled Mobs

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Jay_H

Re: Unleveled Mobs

Post by Jay_H »

Code's available on github: https://github.com/JayH2971/unleveled-mobs

I'd be very happy to see an enemy overhaul mod, with or without this component. Another forum user recently asked me if I wanted to collaborate on a general "unleveled world" concept, and that sounds good too :)

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

Jay_H wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:31 pm a general "unleveled world" concept
I need this in my DFU life. :D

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Just a quick question, you mentioned that some enemies wont appear without quests? What enemies might those be?

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Nymphs are almost entirely unaccounted for. It's hard to say which ones aren't in, since I just stuffed the spawning algorithm with different things :D Anything missing is just a matter of negligence on my part. So it'd take the effort of comparing the spawning tables in the github link above to the game's monster lists to see what doesn't appear.

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Thanks for the quick reply.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

I would think it would be a good idea to get Spriggans and Nymphs completely out of dungeons and have them appear only in the wilderness. It was allways weird to run into them underground.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

That is an excellent idea. I'll include that when I start shuffling things around.

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Ralzar wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:19 pm I would think it would be a good idea to get Spriggans and Nymphs completely out of dungeons and have them appear only in the wilderness. It was allways weird to run into them underground.
Excellent idea!

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

In general, it would be good to just think "Sleeping in the woods, what would actually make any kind of sense to randomly run into?"

So...

Nymphs
Spriggans
Centaurs
Grizzly Bear
Sabertooth Tiger
Giant (oh man, as a low level player, that's going to be the worst :D)
Spider?
Ranger

Extras with comments:

Rats and Bats actually feel weird. They're a much better fit for dungeons.
Giant Scorpion? (Man, now I wish we could split up the encounter tables for climates. Have to look into that)

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Yes, definitely. I'm planning on keeping rats in night city spawns (since rats are such parasites), but removing them from the overworld. I'm replacing them with spriggans and nymphs.