Unleveled Mobs

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Jay_H

Re: Unleveled Mobs

Post by Jay_H »

Excellent! How do you plan to share this mod with the world? I'm really not maintaining Unleveled Mobs anymore, so if you want to make a new upload on Nexus for yours, feel free. If you really want, I could upload yours as a replacement for mine, but I don't have plans to do more than that.

John Doom

Post by John Doom »

Updating would be ideal for the players, if possible. If you agree, I'll post here a proper updated build for you to upload on Nexus.
UPDATE: I've attached my build, codename 0.2 :!:
Attachments
unleveled-mobs-0.2.zip
(11.84 KiB) Downloaded 84 times

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

I uploaded your version to Nexus. Thank you for your dedication :)
https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfallunity/mods/51

haloterm

Post by haloterm »

John Doom wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:41 pm
Jay_H wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:45 pmIf you feel capable of going further, I look forward to the result :)
:) Here you go! I've modded it the way I said, mixing vanilla and unleveled mobs according to player level.
The new "scaling" option tells the mod after which level it has to use only unleveled mobs: 1 for the original behaviour, more for mixing. 8 may be a good value to help low level players before going unleveled only.
I've tested the mod with a low level character and going to a dungeon: with scaling at "25" I got bats, with scaling at "1" I got mummies.
The mob list is update at each transition. This could be further improved to update only at level up, but I couldn't find a matching event to do it.
Is that a smooth transition or is it a hard change?

For example, when my level is nearing the set threshold, the unleveled monsters will be added more and more with each new level, slowly replacing vanilla monsters?

Or is it that suddenly all vanilla monsters at once are replaced?

John Doom

Post by John Doom »

Smoothly🙂

haloterm

Post by haloterm »

John Doom wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:36 am Smoothly🙂
Cool. Then I will try your's now.

haloterm

Post by haloterm »

Ah one thing I noticed: When loading my existing save, I get the warning "incoming version is older (v0.2)" (original unleveled mobs had v1.01). Nothing major, but maybe change the version number to v1.02? (Or maybe even 1.1?)

John Doom

Post by John Doom »

I just incremented from Jay_H's codebase, it was 0.1, didn't know it was supposed to be 1.0. Which is, Jay_H? :?:

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

I am betting 0.1 as this was the first test build and then no further development was done :D

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Yeah, I consider this a sort of alternate build, so the version numbers wouldn't necessarily be the same. If it's just a warning I don't think I'll go and edit it so quickly. But if it causes real problems, let me know.