Unleveled Mobs

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
L57

Re: Unleveled Mobs

Post by L57 »

I have not tried Warm Ashes yet, was hesitant because of complaints regarding its instability. But it looks like it's worth it, so thanks for suggestion, will give it a try!
If the creation of such a mod is fairly easy and simple than it shouldn't be too difficult to make your own
But is it really that simple? :? I'd be glad to make some mods and experimenting with leveling lists myself, but I failed to get into DFU modding. :( I have tried to install Unity Editor, DFU package and all that stuff, still can't understand how to create or edit anything. Tried to read the instructions posted here, but to no avail. Apparently I'm totally hopeless. :lol: Either this or I misunderstood DFU modding completely...

I suspect that minor game editing doesn't require all that delving into the special program with 3D assets, but English isn't my native language so I'm not sure whether I misunderstood tutorials or something. :|

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

If you want to learn how, I have my github repository publicly available. If you alter the tables and learn to set up the mod yourself in the Unity editor, you can create other editions.

L57

Post by L57 »

Jay_H wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:27 pm If you want to learn how, I have my github repository publicly available. If you alter the tables and learn to set up the mod yourself in the Unity editor, you can create other editions.
Thank you very much!

Lokkrin Zhataros

Post by Lokkrin Zhataros »

Just a quick reply to L57:
I have not tried Warm Ashes yet, was hesitant because of complaints regarding its instability. But it looks like it's worth it, so thanks for suggestion, will give it a try!
Warm Ashes is very stable AFAIK and only the most recent "bug reports" were mostly mistakes on my part and my own incompetence in installing the latest updates correctly. If you install and use the latest version of Warm Ashes it should work normal and just as stable as the Unleveled Mobs mod.

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Lokkrin Zhataros wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:19 pm Just a quick reply to L57:
Warm Ashes is very stable AFAIK and only the most recent "bug reports" were mostly mistakes on my part and my own incompetence in installing the latest updates correctly. If you install and use the latest version of Warm Ashes it should work normal and just as stable as the Unleveled Mobs mod.
Well i need to voice my opinion on this as i got my save file corrupted by Warm Ashes. It was because my QuestData.txt was overbloated by about hundred active Warm Ashes quests. Only way to recover the save was to delete QuestData.txt, but that also resets your main quest progress and other quest progress, it also disables the Warm Ashes itself. So, while i enjoyed the mod, it is not without it's problems.

Edit: See my original report. viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3066&p=35381&hilit=corrupted#p35381

Lokkrin Zhataros

Seferoth wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:01 am
Well i need to voice my opinion on this as i got my save file corrupted by Warm Ashes. It was because my QuestData.txt was overbloated by about hundred active Warm Ashes quests. Only way to recover the save was to delete QuestData.txt, but that also resets your main quest progress and other quest progress, it also disables the Warm Ashes itself. So, while i enjoyed the mod, it is not without it's problems.

Edit: See my original report. viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3066&p=35381&hilit=corrupted#p35381
Well that sucks! :evil: That was over a month ago now and there has been several versions of Warm Ashes out since then. I'm guessing that Kamer has resolved this issue along with others in his mod. I haven't had any corrupted save file issues so far in my games. Maybe just lucky so far.

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Lokkrin Zhataros wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:56 am
Seferoth wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:01 am

Well that sucks! :evil: That was over a month ago now and there has been several versions of Warm Ashes out since then. I'm guessing that Kamer has resolved this issue along with others in his mod. I haven't had any corrupted save file issues so far in my games. Maybe just lucky so far.
There has not been a single new release in months. At least according to Nexus. https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfalluni ... ?tab=files

Lokkrin Zhataros

Oh, you're right. For some reason I thought there was a release in early-mid December. Thanks for the correction. So maybe the mod will eventually corrupt my save file or something in the future, who knows. Yikes! Will report it if it does.

Also, I'm wondering if it would be relatively easy to modify the Warm Ashes files?

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Had the largest random spawn so far...might have been couple of spawns next to each other(don't exactly know how these work). There were 5 creatures, 2 vampires, 1 werewolf, 1 wereboar and 1 wraith. My nights are dark and full of terrors. :lol:

L57

Post by L57 »

Jay_H wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:27 pm If you want to learn how, I have my github repository publicly available. If you alter the tables and learn to set up the mod yourself in the Unity editor, you can create other editions.
Thank you again, I managed to do this! Now I have one more question: how common are pre-set un-leveled opponents in the game? I have an idea to make ancient vampires and ancient liches rare and 'unique' encounters. Sacrificing some gameplay fun at higher levels probably — but instead get the feeling that you encounter some ancient evil guy who actually terrorize the surrounding lands, not just yet another enemy to kill.

Will it be enough to withdraw ancient liches/vampires from leveling lists completely to accomplish that? If I understand correctly, these guys still spawn as quest objectives and some pre-set enemies in dungeon blocks (who do not level) in this case. So the question is: how frequent are these pre-set enemies (namely ancient liches and ancient vampires)?

I'm afraid they may disappear almost completely and remain only as quest objectives, while I want to preserve some element of surprise due to these fixed enemies in dungeons. Hope for the vanilla design of the game in this regard :roll: