[MOD] Loot Realism mod pack

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Ralzar

[MOD] Loot Realism mod pack

Post by Ralzar »

LootRealism, by Hazelnut and Ralzar

Description

This mod aims to refine loot and items in DFU to be a little more realistic, both in what you find on bodies and in loot piles, as well as the stats & cost of some existing items. It is not a complete reworking or redesign of the item and loot systems of Daggerfall or anything like that.

It's intended to be used in conjunction with Roleplay & Realism mod, and is only a separate mod because the item stat changes (weight & price) cannot be made as an optional module. So this separate mod package allows players to decide if they want the item stat changes or not by enabling or disabling this entire mod. Any modules that rely on these item changes are in this pack and are configurable in settings.

Current modules

Item Rebalance

Note that this module cannot be disabled without disabling the entire mod. Several items have had stats and prices adjusted.
  • Price of a Horse or a Wagon has been substantially increased. Combined with the gold drop chances you will have to work a bit for that horse or cart now.
  • Many small items, like parchments and arrows, had weirdly high weight numbers. This has been adjusted down to something more reasonable.
  • Weapon max conditions have been refined. Main effect is bows are a little less fragile.
Loot Rebalance
  • Dungeon Loot Piles made more appropriate. Caves, Mines and Nests: Armor, some Weapons. Castles: High Armor and Weapons. Dragons Dens: Money. Laboratory: Books. Somewhat increased chance of Magic Items everywhere.
  • Enemies grouped into more sensible categories for loot generation.
  • Gold generation from enemy loot is roughly halved.
  • Enemy loot made more appropriate. Knights: Armor, some Weapons. Fighters: Weapon, some Armor. Woodsmen and Criminals: Weapons and Clothes. Spellcasters: Books, Clothes, some weapons. Undead: Some armor, some weapons. Liches and Mummys might drop Magic Items. Daedras: maybe Magic Items. Vampires: Clothes.
Stackable & lighter bandages

This is the way I want bandages to work, and takes precedence over the implementation in Roleplay & Realism mod. Because in this mod the bandages are much lighter and stack, they consequently heal less than the Roleplay & Realism implementation.

Condition Based Prices

When selling items, the condition of the items affect selling price. So a "broken" item will sell for much less than a "new" item.

Realistic Enemy Equipment

Enemies now have equipment based on their level and class, and in used condition. Archers have bows, Knights have more armor etc.

Skill Based Starting Equipment

When creating a new character, you will start with low-level and used condition equipment that matches your skill choices. Characters with weapon skills as primary or major skills will start with one of each weapon matching the skills chosen. Everyone gets a knife though! There are also lots of other mundane items assigned for the other skills, like a helmet for climbing, or a loin-cloth for swimming. Every primary and secondary skill gets you something. :) (Note that for magic schools, you get more spells if it's a primary skill)

Skill Based Starting Spells

When starting a new character, you will start with a set of very low-level custom spells based on magic skills chosen as Primary or Major skills.

Releases

https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfallunity/mods/61/
Last edited by Ralzar on Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:53 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Ralzar

Re: LootRealism

Post by Ralzar »

Reserved for plans. Or something.

BadLuckBurt

Post by BadLuckBurt »

You mean I'm going to have to work even harder to buy a house?!?!? Fantastic :lol:

Looking forward to the release!
DFU on UESP: https://en.uesp.net/w/index.php?title=T ... fall_Unity
DFU Nexus Mods: https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfallunity
My github repositories with mostly DFU related stuff: https://github.com/BadLuckBurt

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Thanks Ralzar, I look forward to releasing this. I do think we need to discuss "Dungeon Loot Pile increased substantially" however, I hadn't realised you'd done that and want to review it since I like my mods to be nicely balanced and not a munchkins dream. :D

I've edited the first post to add a bit more emphasis on the fact that this mod is intended to refine the Daggerfall items and loot, and not to re-design the whole thing entirely... want to manage expectations here. :)

Also added about the more refined bandaging implementation with lighter bandages (150g) that stack in inventory but heal less. ('cause you can carry more easily, although still no more common in shops)
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Hazelnut wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:42 am Thanks Ralzar, I look forward to releasing this. I do think we need to discuss "Dungeon Loot Pile increased substantially" however, I hadn't realised you'd done that and want to review it since I like my mods to be nicely balanced and not a munchkins dream. :D
Oh I absolutely agree. I am still debating with myself what is "right" or not. Part of the problem is that you need to play with this for an extended time to really get a feel for it, seeing as it's RNG. If you just test it for 10 mins you might just be lucky or unlucky.

For loot piles, I've actually been wondering if they aren't good ENOUGH. Because there's not that many of them in most dungeons and you usually have to go pretty far into them to find them. So even if the loot chance is higher than it used to be for mobs, you will loot a lot less piles than you will corpses, so you get fewer rolls for the RNG.
At a complete guesstimate I'd say you loot 10 corpses for every Pile you loot. WHich skews the numbers significantly for corpse drop chances vs pile drop chances.
The thought behind it is that you need to get into dungeons and explore to find the good stuff. Magic Items is mostly lowered for monsters but increased for Loot Piles. But it's increased to between 2% and 8% chance at the moment if I remember correctly.
Which means there's not exactly going to be popping up magic items all over the place. (Allthough that 8% might need to be lowered. Allthough on the other side: that loot table produces allmost nothing else than Gold. Maybe yank down the Magic a bit and throw in some relics.)
Hazelnut wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:42 am I've edited the first post to add a bit more emphasis on the fact that this mod is intended to refine the Daggerfall items and loot, and not to re-design the whole thing entirely... want to manage expectations here. :)

Yep, people shouldn't expect too much from this. That said, we'll see where it goes? :)

Edit: Since I just finished my C&C release I think I'll spend some time this christmas playing the game normally with the modified loot table to get a feel for how it really affects the game. Particularly how lootpiles act, as it was hard to test seeing as I needed to actually go into a dungeon and find a lootpile.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Started a new character with LootRealism and played through Privateers Hold so far. Picked up about 5-6 loot piles.

Upon leaving I have: a full set of leather armor, some clothes, a couple of steel weapons and 516 gold.

The best loot was honestly a couple of warm clothing items to protect against C&Cs winter cold :D

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

I reveiwed the magic item chances and they seem really good changes. Obviously needs playtesting but it's all good and lined up for when the next DFU build is out.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Sounds great, Im looking forward for more :)

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

This does sound really cool. Any idea when we might take it for a spin?

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

It's waiting for core code changes to be released in a build. Hoping for this w/e but it may be after xmas now depending on Interkarma's time. I certainly won't hold it against him if he is relaxing for the whole xmas period. :D