[MOD] LevelUp Adjuster

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
mikeprichard

Re: [MOD] LevelUp Adjuster

Post by mikeprichard »

Great - would you mind updating your screenshot in the OP of this topic and on the Nexus mod page (I assume the retro HP option is a new entry in the menu)? Anyway, will try this out when I'm back home in a while from work travel and have access to DFU!

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Just remembered this post form the NoDice thread:
Mapheus wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:45 pm This is kind of a weird request but can you make a version that always gives the median possible roll? It feels less cheaty to always be perfectly average, more like how the developers intended character progression to go.
This is a good idea. Personally I'll allready use this mod to allways produce 5 Attribute Points when leveling up. Having it be able to do the same for HP would make sense. Now how do I set up a math formula for that...

Maybe MinimumHP + (MinimumHP / 2) ?

That should give the right result I think.
Example:
MaxHP: 10
MinHP: 5

5 + (5/2) = 7 HP per level

So you'd get 7 HP per round.
Maybe I can find a way to check if the number is odd and then have it round up instead of down every second level.

For Retroactive Endurance Bonus:
I think I also see a way to update the MaxHP after you have applied attribute points. So after a few seconds ingame the mod will calculate the MaxHP a second time in case you increased Endurance.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Added a plans section to the OP.

Added the possible plan of modifiying Spell Points, which is discussed as a seperate mod here:
viewtopic.php?f=12&p=39060

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

Great to hear you were able to refine how the retroactive END bonus fires so it can apply right after each level-up, and I see even more options may be on the way with spell points (completely agree that in classic, wanting to play a character that can do anything with magic whatsoever requires you to take the spell points = INTx3 advantage, which is a bit obnoxious). Will be keeping a close eye on this!

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

mikeprichard wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:02 pm Great to hear you were able to refine how the retroactive END bonus fires so it can apply right after each level-up,
Not implemented yet, but I know a way to use it that would probably work.

I'm going on vacation soon so any more updates to this mod will have to wait a weeks time.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

I spoke too soon. There was a bug in my settings file that caused the mod settings to not register in the mod.

v1.1.1 released with a fix for this.

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

Ralzar wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:32 pm
mikeprichard wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:02 pm Great to hear you were able to refine how the retroactive END bonus fires so it can apply right after each level-up,
Hi Ralzar - has this been implemented yet? No rush; just wondering if I can start messing around with this. Thanks!

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

mikeprichard wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:02 am
Ralzar wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:32 pm
Hi Ralzar - has this been implemented yet? No rush; just wondering if I can start messing around with this. Thanks!
Damn, I clean forgot about this. Adding it to my todo list.

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Wait, this mod now has retroactive HP from Endurance? Marry me! :D

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Seferoth wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:57 am Wait, this mod now has retroactive HP from Endurance? Marry me! :D
Sorry, you'll have to fight my wife first :P

Anyway, mod updated. The mod now checks a few seconds after LevelUp and re-calculates HP.