[MOD] LevelUp Adjuster

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Ralzar

Re: [MOD] LevelUp Adjuster

Post by Ralzar »

Hm. I'm actually working on a mod for Racial Abilities at the moment that handles adjusting starting attributes by race. I could use the same code to add something more mod-setting controlled in this mod.

Good idea.

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

Ralzar wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:02 pm Hm. I'm actually working on a mod for Racial Abilities at the moment that handles adjusting starting attributes by race. I could use the same code to add something more mod-setting controlled in this mod.

Good idea.
You happen to know what namespace character/entity attributes are stored or used? I'm having some difficulty finding anything about those aspects in the API documentation.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Sandro wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:07 pm Also got some issues with the levelup adjuster mod. The attribute per level works just fine, but it doesn't give the class hp per level that I set in custom class, that still gets randomized. I've got the Change Hit Points ticked, I've got the Max hit points slider set to Class Max HP, the minimum slider set to Maximum Hit Points, Median is unticked, Retroactive Endurance is ticked.

The class hp is 30, current endurance bonus is +3, so I should be going from 55 to 88. But sometimes it takes me to 91? Is this just a case of me missing something?

Make sure you have activated the box "Change Hit Point" If this is not active, none of the HP-settings take effect.

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

Yep, it's on. I think the inconsistencies I'm getting might have something to do with the retroactive endurance thing. It just strikes me as odd that it just sometimes specifically adds an extra 3 hitpoints. Quickloading and levelling up from 1 to 2 always gets me either 88 or 91.

Edit: I turned off the Retroactive Endurance option and it stopped giving me different values. Maybe there's something weird about going from level 1-2 with it activated? I dunno.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

What values do you have you HP max and minimum set to in the mod settings? And how many HP is your character class max set to?

Also, it's been a while since I coded this, but I seem to remember that I had a really hard time getting it to act right for the first level up.

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

They're set to Class Max HP and Maximum HP. The class max is 30.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Oh, I think I know what it can be. I think the retroactive HP adjustment is delayed up to 5 seconds. So if you level up and then wait at least 5 seconds before checking HP you should get the same each time. The reason for the 88 or 91 is that 88 is before the retoractive calcualtion is done and 91 is after the retroactive calculation.

I've learned a bit since I did that code so I think I'll make an update which makes the calculation more instantaneous.

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

Yup, that was it! Thanks!

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

New version out.

v1.3.0

New feature:

Adds a setting for adding or subtracting a value from the character starting attributes.
These are applied after character creation is finished, so may wind up killing your character. In which case, the mod informs you of this in a textbox.

Jhonrock

Post by Jhonrock »

AWESOME mod bro!

The retroactive END health bonus is godsent. Way more freedom to develop the builds now, without caring for the HP growth optmization part. Because I couldn't stand the sluggishness of the character movement and weapon swing speeds when at average SPD levels AND how hard is to hit something at early game, I always prioritized increasing my AGI and SPD first and only after that, END. But the max HP lost doing that kinda bothered me. Now, this isn't a thing anymore. Cool!

In a more personal point of view, I also loved the ability to set up a fixed pattern for the level up rolls. I'll assume here (and without shame), I use save scumming to get the best rolls when leveling up my chars. Now, with this mod, I don't need to keep quickloading my save over and over and over till I get the roll I want. Hahahaha... I know, I'll be send to the firing squad because of that, but, who cares!