[MOD] LevelUp Adjuster

A curated forum for approved mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
mikeprichard

Re: [MOD] LevelUp Adjuster

Post by mikeprichard » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:07 pm

Great - would you mind updating your screenshot in the OP of this topic and on the Nexus mod page (I assume the retro HP option is a new entry in the menu)? Anyway, will try this out when I'm back home in a while from work travel and have access to DFU!

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:34 am

Just remembered this post form the NoDice thread:
Mapheus wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:45 pm
This is kind of a weird request but can you make a version that always gives the median possible roll? It feels less cheaty to always be perfectly average, more like how the developers intended character progression to go.
This is a good idea. Personally I'll allready use this mod to allways produce 5 Attribute Points when leveling up. Having it be able to do the same for HP would make sense. Now how do I set up a math formula for that...

Maybe MinimumHP + (MinimumHP / 2) ?

That should give the right result I think.
Example:
MaxHP: 10
MinHP: 5

5 + (5/2) = 7 HP per level

So you'd get 7 HP per round.
Maybe I can find a way to check if the number is odd and then have it round up instead of down every second level.

For Retroactive Endurance Bonus:
I think I also see a way to update the MaxHP after you have applied attribute points. So after a few seconds ingame the mod will calculate the MaxHP a second time in case you increased Endurance.
My released mods

"I feel like Ralzar specifically wrote those mods for me and then said "Use them". Just so he could watch me die more."
-FuzzyBeanPlays

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar » Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:02 pm

Added a plans section to the OP.

Added the possible plan of modifiying Spell Points, which is discussed as a seperate mod here:
viewtopic.php?f=12&p=39060
My released mods

"I feel like Ralzar specifically wrote those mods for me and then said "Use them". Just so he could watch me die more."
-FuzzyBeanPlays

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard » Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:02 pm

Great to hear you were able to refine how the retroactive END bonus fires so it can apply right after each level-up, and I see even more options may be on the way with spell points (completely agree that in classic, wanting to play a character that can do anything with magic whatsoever requires you to take the spell points = INTx3 advantage, which is a bit obnoxious). Will be keeping a close eye on this!

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:32 pm

mikeprichard wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:02 pm
Great to hear you were able to refine how the retroactive END bonus fires so it can apply right after each level-up,
Not implemented yet, but I know a way to use it that would probably work.

I'm going on vacation soon so any more updates to this mod will have to wait a weeks time.
My released mods

-FuzzyBeanPlays

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar » Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:40 pm

I spoke too soon. There was a bug in my settings file that caused the mod settings to not register in the mod.

v1.1.1 released with a fix for this.
My released mods

-FuzzyBeanPlays

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard » Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:02 am

Ralzar wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:32 pm
mikeprichard wrote:
Great to hear you were able to refine how the retroactive END bonus fires so it can apply right after each level-up,
Hi Ralzar - has this been implemented yet? No rush; just wondering if I can start messing around with this. Thanks!

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar » Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:34 am

mikeprichard wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:02 am
Ralzar wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:32 pm
mikeprichard wrote:
Hi Ralzar - has this been implemented yet? No rush; just wondering if I can start messing around with this. Thanks!
Damn, I clean forgot about this. Adding it to my todo list.
My released mods

-FuzzyBeanPlays

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth » Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:57 am

Wait, this mod now has retroactive HP from Endurance? Marry me! :D
You can't have a nightmare if you never dream.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar » Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:24 am

Seferoth wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:57 am
Wait, this mod now has retroactive HP from Endurance? Marry me! :D
Sorry, you'll have to fight my wife first :P

Anyway, mod updated. The mod now checks a few seconds after LevelUp and re-calculates HP.
My released mods

-FuzzyBeanPlays