[MOD] Meaner Monsters

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Magicono43

Re: [MOD] Meaner Monsters

Post by Magicono43 »

Ah ok, so it's more of an individual projects sort of thing, that's cool and I actually like that way of doing it, just worried myself of compatibility issues, with other good mods. I'll probably just start my own mod then with a similar but different philosophy, and if compatibility issues arise, work from there.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Yeah, I build all my mod with the expectation that the player is going to use all the standard mods I'd use, like Roleplaying&Realism, so I always design the mods so they work around or with those mods.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

It's all a bit fluid still. :)

Anyway you will have learned a lot I'm guessing and that will set you in good stead for future changes. You can see the refactoring here if you're interested.

https://github.com/ajrb/daggerfall-unit ... aHelper.cs

I'm done for this round unless someone points out something obvious I missed out. Need to do a bit more testing before submitting the PR. Am implementing R&R module for moderating the weapon material bonuses to half what they are so that weapon skill plays a larger factor. This should make the higher levels more challenging.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

I like what you did with the "CalculateSuccessfulHit" method, Hazelnut, much more modular than the previous version, which was sort of all or nothing in terms of overriding. Appreciate the work on that, will have to look at some of the other methods as well and see if I could make any suggestions, but I like that one.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

DREAM users:

Make sure this mod is put ABOVE the DREAM mods in the mod list to avoid a couple of monsters reverting to vanilla graphics.

pango

Post by pango »

If I remember correctly, there's now provision in the modding system to express such constraints in mods metadata.
Seen mentioned here
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

I knew there was some kind of mod function for this. I'll have to take a look.

I've got more and more mods that starts bumping into eachother and other peoples mods, so this is somethng I'll have to start figuring out a decent way of doing soon.

Dubiousintent

Post by Dubiousintent »

When you say "ABOVE", do you mean "load before" (as in "lower numbered" than) the DREAM modules? Because the interface refers to "lower" or "increase" the relative number position of the mods; and I've seen many instances where a mod author meant "after" to ensure their mod overrode others when saying "above".

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Which is why I use the expression "Above" :D

I've given up trying to keep it straight in my head what's before or after or low or higher priority etc. Simply "above" is much less ambiguous.

In the list of mods, this should be listed above dream.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Meaner Monsters v1.5

Added code to make it load after Unleveled Mobs.
Added Large Dragonling.