[MOD] Meaner Monsters

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Magicono43

Re: [MOD] Meaner Monsters

Post by Magicono43 »

Ralzar wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:54 pm Meaner Monsters v1.5

Added code to make it load after Unleveled Mobs.
Added Large Dragonling.
I'll have to look at your code and see how you did the load order thing, hopefully it's not too confusing to do, lol.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Nah, it's pretty simple. You just need a bit of code at the end of the dfmod.json file.

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

Ralzar wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:31 pm Nah, it's pretty simple. You just need a bit of code at the end of the dfmod.json file.

Code: Select all

"Contributes": null,
    "Dependencies": [
        {
            "Name": "unleveled mobs",
            "IsOptional": false,
            "IsPeer": false,
            "Version": null
        }
    ]
This part I assume?

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Yes. I had to just use trial and error to figure out what true/fals combination prodced the correct result though.
Also, the name of the other mod should be written as it appears in the mod list.

hello

Post by hello »

so.. is unleveled mobs required now?
i keep getting this message:

meaner monsters has dependencies that are not satisfied: failed to retrieve mod with GUID unleveled mods.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

hello wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:41 pm so.. is unleveled mobs required now?
i keep getting this message:

meaner monsters has dependencies that are not satisfied: failed to retrieve mod with GUID unleveled mods.
That's a small code mess-up on my part. I'll fix that in the next release. Just ignore the message. All it's meant to do is make you load Meaner Monsters after Unleveled Mobs.

hello

Post by hello »

oh, alright then no worries, thanks for the info

pango

Post by pango »

What I'd really like to see tested some day, is zombies with their classic stats (or at least dreadful stats for somewhat low level characters), but moving quite slowly, say 1/3 or 1/4 their speed.
Idea being that players that have a too hard time fighting them could have the possibility to bypass and outrun them, leading to more tactical and varied combat. That would raise tension though, because you still wouldn't want to be surprized by one, that you either didn't see or forgot you outrun on the way in...
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Yeah, being able to manipulate enemy movement speed would be fantastic. Both to increase and lower it. So not all enemies were possible to be kited. For example centaurs or werewolfs should have quite fast movement speeds. While as you say, zombies should be quite slow. I feel atronachs also should be slowed down a bit.

KovuCougar

Post by KovuCougar »

Being able to outrun centaurs on foot is the only thing that kept me alive following roads between cities in the first few levels.

I must say, the Emperor's Champion certainly got soft in the imperial city before starting out on this quest!