[MOD] Meaner Monsters

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Ralzar

Re: [MOD] Meaner Monsters

Post by Ralzar »

v1.4 of Meaner Monsters released.

Some stat tweaks.
Werewolfs and wereboars made larger.

Alternate Dragonling made into "Large Dragonling" but will probably not appear ingame until it gets added to spawn tables.

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

Is the updated mod supposed to generate 126 other text files when you extract the text? They all seem to say something about Scale, so I assume when you say larger, you literally mean you scaled up the size of the sprites?

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Magicono43 wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:05 pm Is the updated mod supposed to generate 126 other text files when you extract the text? They all seem to say something about Scale, so I assume when you say larger, you literally mean you scaled up the size of the sprites?
Yup, I increase the scale of some sprites. And the only way I found to do it reliably was to upscale all frames, which requires a file each.

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

Ah, alright that makes sense then.

Baler

Post by Baler »

I'd like to request tiny werewolves so you don't know whats hitting you and you get infected :lol:

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Baler wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:03 pm I'd like to request tiny werewolves so you don't know whats hitting you and you get infected :lol:
Haha, if I could, I'd make a small version of rats and/or bats and spawn them in huge numbers.

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

So I finished that script that I said I was going to make. It all seems to be working fine in terms of functionality, the overrides are not causing any problems (only thing is a backstab variable is giving me issues, but I commented that out for now.) Now I would like this to potentially get merged into another mod that changes the mechanics of the game, such as this mod, or the other Realism mod.

Once that being done, I would like to start testing the with those combat changes and playing around with the meaner monster stats to try and have a good balance. Possibly also changing aspects of the damage formula as well before that, but will have to see how it plays with any mod this code might be merged into.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Not sure what you've done, but be aware that it may not be compatible once the refactoring work is finished. That's why I was pointing out that it was in the works.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

Hazelnut wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:33 pm Not sure what you've done, but be aware that it may not be compatible once the refactoring work is finished. That's why I was pointing out that it was in the works.
It's not very much, but it does override the two main methods that deal with the hit chance formula, of which at least one I saw that Roleplay Realism also overrides, but I figure it would not be too hard to possibly merge the changes inside the same overridden method of the mod to get the same effect, if it is desired. I'm not sure how you two coordinate making alterations to said mods, or if it's just a one person administrating changes to the code with Github or something of the sort.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

The general workflow is: Hazelnut changes DFU code so more is exposed for modding. Hazelnut then either codes his own mod to use it or hands it off to me for more extreme mods, since his mods aim to be relatively light touch.
So at the moment he's looking at what to do with the code to make it easier to mod. Then he'll probably add a feature to RP&R that does some light touch changes. Then others might use what he exposed to make other mods.
I'll wait for Hazelnuts mod, then see how that works with Meaner Monsters and consider what else, if anything, to do. If I do decide to do my own mod it'll either be an addition to Meaner Monsters, a separate combat mod or a feature to LevelUp Adjuster where it just allows the user to manipulate the numbers themselves.