[MOD] Decorator - Update 0.1.6 (20 Dec 2022)

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Midknightprince

Re: [MOD] Decorator - Update 0.1.4 (7 March 2020)

Post by Midknightprince »

Okay, I'm giving this one a shot.
Check out my YouTube Channel!

Thetri

Post by Thetri »

This mod does not work for me. The default hotkey does nothing, i tried setting it to custom and it does nothing too. The only time it does sort of work is on the airship but only when i press something on the wall inside the ship but not with the hotkeys. Is there a certain load order I should be using? This seems to be the only mod I have that does not work right. I have Handpainted models, enhanced sky, airships, level adjustor, wilderness npc, immersive npcs and decorator. Is there any specific order I should load them in? I'm on Linux btw.

Reskal

Post by Reskal »

Playing on Windows 10, Daggerfall verions Alpha v0.10.21.

For sure its a great mod, but i dont get it to run unfortunately.
I found no path where to install it in the net, so i dropped the decorator.dfmod - file simply into

D:\Daggerfall Unity\DaggerfallUnity_Data\StreamingAssets\Mods

on my PC, is that correct this way ?

And ingame i hit "/" but nothing happens, it just does not run. Maybe it plays a role that i'm in europe and have a european keyboard, not US-like ?
Help appreciated, my big ship is soo empty.
Last edited by Reskal on Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ACNAero

Post by ACNAero »

Reskal wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:37 am big ship is soo empty.
iirc, ships are not supported yet, only houses.

SharkClub

Post by SharkClub »

Having a few issues with this mod. The core features work but it's all very jank.

1. Whenever I move (with WASD) while the Mod UI is open, my screen starts to tilt and roll until I click a button/setting on the UI or click right mouse aimlessly, then it will re-center my view. This is really annoying when you're trying to line things up without always relying on the snap feature).

2. Trying to scale things or move things about with the Mod UI while an already-placed piece of furniture is behind where the Mod UI is lying, usually results in me accidentally selecting the furniture behind the Mod UI, which means when I want to make a scale/rotation/position change of something, I first have to click it to select it and then move so the Mod UI elements on my screen aren't in front of any previously placed pieces of furniture. This along with my camera spazzing out and rolling all over the place whenever I move with WASD while the Mod UI is open does not make for a good time.

3. A lot of the 3D model items when marked as containers do not work properly and take a lot of mouse button mashing to open the container. This was happening a lot with the Small & Medium boxes, as well as the wall cabinets - they just weren't accessible as containers unless I found my mouse on the single pixel that accepts the input. I switched to using normal dresser cabinets and chests instead which are a lot more consistent. Also when selecting certain 3D models to edit/scale/delete them it can also be a pixel hunt minigame trying to find the one place to click that accepts the input, probably also part of the same thing.

4. Whenever I exit the mod UI (by hitting Esc, since hitting the Mod UI key I bound "L" doesn't close it again), my game is stuck in cursor mode where the cursor is just always on the screen no matter if i've gone through a loading zone/door into a building, loaded a saved game or been rummaging inside a container and exited out of that. The cursor will always be on the screen and turning becomes a chore. The only way to fix this after placing stuff with Decorator is to save the game once I'm done using the mod and then exit out of the game entirely, restarting the game and the mouse will be fine with no cursor mode jank in sight until the next time I open up the Mod UI.

I'm on Windows 10, if that matters. I can take a video of all of these issues and upload it to youtube if needed.
ACNAero wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:08 am
Reskal wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:37 am big ship is soo empty.
iirc, ships are not supported yet, only houses.
It works in my big ship (the interior at least is just like a house, but you can't place anything outside), I can place furniture and store things in containers that persist through gameplay. Would be nice to be able to place stuff on the top deck of the big ship to spruce it up a bit but I don't even know if that's possible logistically because it's part of the overworld map.

Ball Torture

Post by Ball Torture »

Hey, I'm new here, and I thought I'd give some feedback on this fantastic mod. First of all, the creativity it allows me to realize within my player home is so gratifying. This is definitely a stand out mod. In fact, any kinks in its system is to be expected and totally ignorable.

This is where I must report on a possible bug; although, this luckily seems to only happen in tandem with another mod. When having the Outfit Manager mod installed, the furniture placed in the player house seem to "misplace" after a time (often disappearing above the ceiling). I'm not 100% sure, but it seemed to stop when I un-enabled Outfit Manager mod. I'd like to caution anyone who sees this to not install that mod with this one, so that your houses with lots of effort put into them will not be messed up.

I'm sure the developer of this mod would like to be aware of a possible bug like this, so I decided to put it here. Thanks for the awesome mod!

Reskal

Post by Reskal »

Playing on Windows 10, Daggerfall verions Alpha v0.10.21.

So can i change the mod settings anyhow, without the mod having running ?
Since i cannot start it with /, i cannot reach the ingame configuration menu also, where i could change the starter-key for the mod.

Kaedius

Re: [MOD] Decorator - Update 0.1.5 (26 April 2020)

Post by Kaedius »

Thetri wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:14 am This mod does not work for me. The default hotkey does nothing, i tried setting it to custom and it does nothing too.
Reskal wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:37 am And ingame i hit "/" but nothing happens, it just does not run.
Please update to the latest version (0.1.5) and let me know if it's still not working in your home or ship. If you are using Airships, the hotkey will not work until I release the new Airships, which will be once 0.10.23 DFUnity is released.
Ball Torture wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:07 pm When having the Outfit Manager mod installed, the furniture placed in the player house seem to "misplace" after a time (often disappearing above the ceiling).
That's weird! I'll try to see if I can replicate this problem, thanks for the info and glad you like the mod.
Nark wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:11 am 1. Whenever I move (with WASD) while the Mod UI is open, my screen starts to tilt and roll until I click a button/setting on the UI or click right mouse aimlessly, then it will re-center my view. This is really annoying when you're trying to line things up without always relying on the snap feature).
The other issues should be fixed, but this one is weird and I don't have a fix yet. I was all ready to really dig in and fix it once-and-for-all last night but it suddenly wouldn't do it anymore once I put in some debug info, like it wanted to work just fine once It noticed I was trying to peek into what's going on. I'll try to tackle it again once I pretend I'm not looking so it will start acting up again :lol:
Reskal wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:31 pm Playing on Windows 10, Daggerfall verions Alpha v0.10.21.

So can i change the mod settings anyhow, without the mod having running ?
Since i cannot start it with /, i cannot reach the ingame configuration menu also, where i could change the starter-key for the mod.
The in-game settings are in the Settings button in the Mods menu button in the Unity startup window.

Allerka

Post by Allerka »

Hooray for updates! I was about to post about getting some of the same bugs. It seems like I'm still getting the same ones even after updating to 0.1.5. Specifically, even though I set it to activate on a custom hotkey, it only activates on the default key (and apparently there's a difference between the forward slash in the main part of the keyboard and the one on the num pad, which doesn't work), and I also get the camera tilting. It's like I'm doing a slow-mo barrel roll, heh. And unfortunately it's a coin toss whether or not doing anything with objects will force it to reset. Darn annoying to be sure. On the plus side, the cursor bug is fixed!

I also notice the objects Sword 3 and Crossbow seem to be scaled improperly, i.e. they're absolutely ginormous in size.

But otherwise it's a fantastic mod, and I'm eagerly trying to save up enough for a house to actually decorate. Will it be possible to add toggles to make bed objects actually function like beds? Possibly NPCs (i.e. crew members on your ship)?

Kaedius

Post by Kaedius »

Yes, the strange tilting was not fixed in the last update but I'll try looking into it more sometime soon. Last time I tried to fix it it stopped doing it for no reason so I couldn't test it.

The custom hotkey option does have limitations, I don't know if the tooltip still mentions it in settings but only a-z will work. Otherwise, it defaults to the default key which might be what is happening here. I'll have to look into expanding that.

The scale of models is the same as in the game files, so I think those two both exist in the game as such. At least the sword does I believe. I changed the crossbow model to one with the strings and apparently it is massive, so maybe I'll put it back to the smaller one. I could give the sword a smaller base scale, since it's so massive it won't fit in any homes.
Allerka wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:25 pm Will it be possible to add toggles to make bed objects actually function like beds? Possibly NPCs (i.e. crew members on your ship)?
I believe Roleplay Realism has the option for beds being togglable. At the moment Decorator renames objects, so it breaks that functionality unfortunately. Next update I'll keep all models named properly so any models that mods mod will keep their functionality.

I could add NPC billboards to place. Having mobiles walking around might be possible as well. But that's dipping into something I'd like to flesh out more with another mod possibly.