[MOD] Roleplay & Realism: Items (modular)

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Ralzar

Re: [MOD] Roleplay & Realism: Items (modular)

Post by Ralzar »

Hey

I'm tweaking the balance of Unleveled Loot back and forth. It's intended to be used with this mod so I was wondering: when does the new chain armors get dropped? Is it when you should have dropped plate, but then changes it to chain? Or is it when chain should drop and it changes the material etc?

I tried looking over the code on github but I couldn't quite figure out what would normally trigger this armor to show up in shops and loot.

Thing is, at the moment it drops a bit too rarely so I was wondering if I could tweak drop numbers in Unleveled Loot to compensate for that. But first I'd have to be sure what causes those armors to get produced at all.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

The items are generated just like the vanilla items, it's all integrated. I made them slightly rarer than the standard armors with a rarity value of 4 rather than 3. This only affects the chance of stocking it is a shop, affecting the chance slightly (5% less likely) and meaning that shops of quality 3 will only sell vanilla armors and not the new ones. 4+ will stock them all.

Drop chances are the same, but the new armor set doesn't include gauntlets and helmets so there's less chance of new items due to that.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Mofunkle

Post by Mofunkle »

Uploading my zipped save file here, as requested by ajrb, in regards to my issue with the value of orcish items being out of whack (ranging anywhere from 2 gold to 3 million gold per item).

I tried loading the game with all mods disabled and the problem persisted, so either it's an issue with DFU 0.10.26 or the item value is being carried over from when the orcish item was generated by this mod. Or it's neither of those two things.

Anyways, I included my modlist in case that adds any additional context.
DFU modlist 1.PNG
DFU modlist 1.PNG (118.9 KiB) Viewed 2892 times
DFU modlist 2.PNG
DFU modlist 2.PNG (123.75 KiB) Viewed 2892 times
Let me know if you need any additional information!
Attachments
SAVE124.7z
(405.96 KiB) Downloaded 137 times

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Thank you, let's hope I can figure out what is going on. :)
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

I figured it out - I forgot to reset the item material stats before converting so the value was getting multiplied twice. Thanks for reporting this, if you want to fix your save, edit the SaveData.txt item value1 numbers. Look up the base price in item templates e.g. Broadsword (id 118) is 12 and multiply by 256 = 3072gp

I've released a fixed build on Nexus (v0.6) so this will no longer happen, but any items already generated will be unaffected.

Mofunkle

Post by Mofunkle »

Thanks for the quick turn-around and tip for fixing my save! Cant wait to dump all this green stuff off at the first "rusty relics" shop I see lol.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Im a bit confused, there are 2 mods:

Roleplay realism
Roleplay realism - items

To my understanding they compliment each other and are ment to be both activated, is that correct?

So why do they BOTH have bandaging in a options? Should it be enabled in both, or is is enough to enable it only in one mod? Can enabling it twice cause any issues? What is the result if I enable it in one part of the mod and disable it in the other one? :shock:

This thing haunts me, IMO it should be only in one of those...

I might be wrong tho, I just dont get it :lol:

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

I explain this in the mod description:

Bandaging

This is the way I want bandages to work, with stackable & lighter bandages. This takes precedence over the implementation in the main Roleplay & Realism mod package, unless this module is disabled. Because in this mod the bandages are much lighter and stack, they consequently heal less than the Roleplay & Realism implementation.

Please tell me what is not clear about this and I will try to clarify.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Thanks, I did not read the mod description properly sry.

Still..if you prefer the implementation in the Roleplay- items, why keep the less prefered implementation in Roleplay as well?

Anyway, doesnt matter to me now as I understand how it works. I just find it confusing to have same option in two mods which are ment to be used together.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

I kept the one in the base R&R mod since I'd already done it and some players wont choose to use the Items mod so I figured I'd keep it. It does nothing if Items mod is installed. This split is because adjusting items is not something that can be toggled by settings, so to give player choice I split the modules into 2 mods.