[MOD] Roleplay & Realism: Items (modular)

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Hazelnut

Re: [MOD] Roleplay & Realism: Items (modular)

Post by Hazelnut »

Okay have made the changes to undo renaming of Dai-Katana and also tally skill use for bandaging.

Not releasing this offcially on Nexus until 0.10.26 is out, but here is a 0.10.25a compatible version for those who want to test it out. Please let me know if anything is not working correctly with .25a - looks good to me but I've not checked everything.
Attachments
roleplayrealism-items.zip
(38.82 KiB) Downloaded 160 times
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

Crash to desktop/ Hang on load with and without mods on 10.24 & 10.25.

I cannot enter locations after a certain point while this mod is active (the game crashes to desktop on crossing the threshold (loc text pops up)).
Also: when I deactivate it ( this mod specifically) DFU hangs on load.

I have tracked it down to this specifically, but I cant load DFU without it to test anything else, and I can't go to ANY locations with it on, BUT I can wander around the world, kill stuff, sleep, and all the other mods seems to be fine..

Again, just to be clear: I can play DFU with only this mod on BUT I cannot go to any locations (crash to desktop), if I turn this mod off DFU hangs on load of the save.
I was playing on 10.24 for about a week before it started, but I just went to 10.25 hoping that would help, but same thing..and this is a new char, last one I thought was broke because it was doing it too..

I wish there was a crash file but none are getting created so here's the save, and the output, hope that helps...

P.S. This mod rules :D
Attachments
output_log.zip
(8.79 KiB) Downloaded 142 times
SAVE12.zip
(992.46 KiB) Downloaded 139 times
Check out my YouTube Channel!

Midknightprince

So I managed to get in a town but it's lagging real bad, and this keeps showing up in the output: Filename: Line: 191)

Texture atlas needs textures to have Readable flag set! .................like 50 times, I thinks that's it....I hope that's it...I wanna play DFU :(

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Hi, can you confirm the version of the mod that you're using please? Hopefully it's the latest from the nexus which is for 0.10.24

If you want to deactivate this mod, you should get rid of all the items from the mod onto a floor pile first - then it may work and allow some more testing. I think.

The error I see in your log is:

Code: Select all

SetPixels32 can only be called on a RGBA32 or BGRA32 texture but is being called on TextureFormat(12)
Which I have no idea what it could mean.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Midknightprince

Hazelnut wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:29 pm Hi, can you confirm the version of the mod that you're using please? Hopefully it's the latest from the nexus which is for 0.10.24

If you want to deactivate this mod, you should get rid of all the items from the mod onto a floor pile first - then it may work and allow some more testing. I think.

The error I see in your log is:

Code: Select all

SetPixels32 can only be called on a RGBA32 or BGRA32 texture but is being called on TextureFormat(12)
Which I have no idea what it could mean.
Mod version 0.4.

So now this happend....somebody please help me, my game it wigging :lol:
Attachments
2020_08_31_02_31_32.png
2020_08_31_02_31_32.png (498.48 KiB) Viewed 3250 times

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

That looks like the stuff Kamer's been doing with torch carrying guards. Not convinced this issue is from my mod, and my testing bears that out.

I loaded your save, dumped all RPR:I items, saved. Restarted game and disabled all mods.. entered town and it crashed. Suspect this is something running in the quest system.

Texture atlas needs readable flag usually means a texture is set read only but something is trying to modify it, like to chop out a bit and use it. No idea how something in the quest system could cause that.

Don't know if this is a concern or not, but your quest data save file is 20Mb! My best suggestion is to stop all the running quests and save. Then restart and try to get into that town.

Midknightprince

Hazelnut wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:05 pm That looks like the stuff Kamer's been doing with torch carrying guards. Not convinced this issue is from my mod, and my testing bears that out.

I loaded your save, dumped all RPR:I items, saved. Restarted game and disabled all mods.. entered town and it crashed. Suspect this is something running in the quest system.

Texture atlas needs readable flag usually means a texture is set read only but something is trying to modify it, like to chop out a bit and use it. No idea how something in the quest system could cause that.

Don't know if this is a concern or not, but your quest data save file is 20Mb! My best suggestion is to stop all the running quests and save. Then restart and try to get into that town.
I was thinking it was either QP 1 or persistant quests from J before I came here, I did take the folders out and test but forgot about the purge quests from console..
I'll purge all quests before I do anything else..

BTW I didn't mind the guard having a torch, not in the least :lol:

Midknightprince

You were right disabling all quests I could get into town specifically this Quest: WAQ CITIES_HUMAN Warm Ashes Cities Skill Check.

Thanks for the help.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

New version 0.5 is out for DFU 0.10.26+ with the following changes:
  • Fix weapon allocation for assassin and battlemage enemies
  • Using bandages now tallys for the medical skill improvements
  • Fix some misallocated mob loot (giant and werewolf were swapped)
  • Make Orcs much more likely to have equipment made of Orcish material
  • Undo rename of Dai-Katana

emmathepony

Post by emmathepony »

Great update.