[Mod] Physical Combat And Armor Overhaul

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Magicono43

Re: [Mod] Physical Combat And Armor Overhaul

Post by Magicono43 »

reaven wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:51 am
Magicono43 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:43 pm Released v1.30, Which adds the "Soft Material Requirements" module. This module allows any entity to be damaged by any weapon, despite the material it is made from. However, there is a heavy damage penalty for using less than the minimum required material, this penalty increases as the material values get further away from each other.
Hey Magicono43, first of all congrats for this mod.

I wanted to say that I've been trying it out and I just found a lich in the current dungeon that apparently cant be damaged with a lower tier weapon (dwarven.) I get the message that you cannot harm the enemy at every attack and you said with the mod it should only happen on actual hits, hence I think its not working.
I have disabled the first three options of the mod, which shouldn't affect this, and also I'm using meaner monsters, which is loaded just above this mod. I believe the armor formula works, since werewolves are doing less damage per hit than they used to do, but they hit more often, which makes sense for the changes the mods does. Using beta 0.11.1

Got any ideas? Thanks!
Are you sure you have the "Armor Hit Formula Redone" module enabled? Because the soft mat. requirement module relies on that being enabled as well to function at all. Also obviously make sure the soft mat. requirement setting is enabled as well, because in the code the only way it would return the default "You can't hit this monster" message would be if that module is disabled. But I think the more likely thing is the Armor Hit Formula Redone is disabled, as without that it will always default back to the original formula for that.

Outside of that i'm not sure, have not done testing with it in a while, so it could be a bug, but I can't see it right now unfortunately if there is one.

reaven

Post by reaven »

Magicono43 wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:31 am
reaven wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:51 am
Magicono43 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:43 pm Released v1.30, Which adds the "Soft Material Requirements" module. This module allows any entity to be damaged by any weapon, despite the material it is made from. However, there is a heavy damage penalty for using less than the minimum required material, this penalty increases as the material values get further away from each other.
Hey Magicono43, first of all congrats for this mod.

I wanted to say that I've been trying it out and I just found a lich in the current dungeon that apparently cant be damaged with a lower tier weapon (dwarven.) I get the message that you cannot harm the enemy at every attack and you said with the mod it should only happen on actual hits, hence I think its not working.
I have disabled the first three options of the mod, which shouldn't affect this, and also I'm using meaner monsters, which is loaded just above this mod. I believe the armor formula works, since werewolves are doing less damage per hit than they used to do, but they hit more often, which makes sense for the changes the mods does. Using beta 0.11.1

Got any ideas? Thanks!
Are you sure you have the "Armor Hit Formula Redone" module enabled? Because the soft mat. requirement module relies on that being enabled as well to function at all. Also obviously make sure the soft mat. requirement setting is enabled as well, because in the code the only way it would return the default "You can't hit this monster" message would be if that module is disabled. But I think the more likely thing is the Armor Hit Formula Redone is disabled, as without that it will always default back to the original formula for that.

Outside of that i'm not sure, have not done testing with it in a while, so it could be a bug, but I can't see it right now unfortunately if there is one.
Hey, thanks for the quick answer.

Yeah the two modules you mention are enabled. I was checking out the repo, I see there are debug messages, how can I check those messages in game to see if its working? I might play around and see if I find anything not working as expected, but Im totally new to DFU modding.

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

Really the easiest way to debug stuff would be through the Unity editor, if you feel like setting up Unity with Daggerfall Unity that would be your best option to easily view the debug messages and errors that might come up if any.

reaven

Post by reaven »

Hey I just figured out the issue. An overridden method signature has changed hence the mod couldn't work. Ive updated it and made it work. I will create a PR on your repo! https://github.com/magicono43/DFU-Mod_P ... aul/pull/3

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

Yes, it was one small formula helper change. This was pointed out earlier when someone wanted a patch for the newest shield module. I wasn't messing with it because I assumed magicon would want to keep development under him. Guess you did the work for him, so thanks. I'll get a shield patch together for it now its updated.
My Daggerfall Mod Github: l3lessed DFU Mod Github

My Beth Mods: l3lessed Nexus Page

Daggerfall Unity mods: Combat Overhaul Mod

Enjoy the free work I'm doing? Consider lending your support.

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

reaven wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:21 pm Hey I just figured out the issue. An overridden method signature has changed hence the mod couldn't work. Ive updated it and made it work. I will create a PR on your repo! https://github.com/magicono43/DFU-Mod_P ... aul/pull/3
Thanks Reaven, I commit your Pull Request and rebuilt the dfmod file, uploaded updated version onto the Nexus. Much appreciated, no extra documentation because I can't be asked anymore to update the docs. Hopefully it works because I did not test it myself.

Flying Kites

Post by Flying Kites »

I can't read what the settings do because they trail off-screen.

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

Flying Kites wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:53 am I can't read what the settings do because they trail off-screen.
I know it's a bit too much text for some of them and the text does not natively wrap itself. You can read the full descriptions from this document, this way the text won't be cut-off. https://github.com/magicono43/DFU-Mod_P ... tings.json

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

Released updated version for DFU Beta 0.11.4, there was a method parameter in the "formulahelper" script that was causing basically all attacks to cause an error and essentially not connect at all. So I added that new parameter requirement for that method change in DFU 0.11.4 and it seems to have resolved the issue on my side at least. So use this latest release if you are also using the latest DFU Beta 0.11.4 version, otherwise PCO won't work properly.

Also of note, moved some of the version down into the "old versions" category on the files tab, so they are all still there, just in a different spot to clean up that tab a little bit.

Edit: Bumped the latest released file to "1.41" this literally is no different than "1.40" but was informed that if you don't change the version Nexus won't tell others that the mod was updated recently, sorry for any inconvenience.

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

Working on patching, and put up a long winded post. Ignore it for now. I may be overthinking this as usual.
My Daggerfall Mod Github: l3lessed DFU Mod Github

My Beth Mods: l3lessed Nexus Page

Daggerfall Unity mods: Combat Overhaul Mod

Enjoy the free work I'm doing? Consider lending your support.