[Mod] Physical Combat And Armor Overhaul

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Magicono43

Re: [Mod] Physical Combat And Armor Overhaul

Post by Magicono43 »

I just uploaded a "mod showcase" for this mod. This is the first in the series I plan to continue doing for my own mods, and eventually other community member's mods as well. Hopefully somebody finds this one useful, took me many days to make, more than I expected.

Last edited by Magicono43 on Sat Dec 11, 2021 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

daggerdude

Post by daggerdude »

Hey I thought it was a good video, I love this mod it's like I must have a must have. Fits really good with role-playing realism too, adds a lot of much needed quality of life tune up.

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

daggerdude wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:27 pm Hey I thought it was a good video, I love this mod it's like I must have a must have. Fits really good with role-playing realism too, adds a lot of much needed quality of life tune up.
Glad you enjoyed the showcase as well as the mod itself! Hopefully I can develop it further with the planned audio feedback features and such, eventually.

daggerdude

Post by daggerdude »

From AMBI:
Oh hey, i just noticed something: Physical Combat and Armor Overhaul changes the way shields work, and i do recall an autopatcher being used, but i wanted to be sure:
Ambidexterities shield blocking is overwritten or not functioning on the hold shield function (bucklers work fine) - attacks and damage are not blocked at all, but PCO does use it's formula to calculate damage. Is this intentional?

I did try isolating and swapping the load order with exactly 4 mods: realism, realism items, PCO, and AMBI, to putting PCO AFTER and not BEFORE Ambi and putting Ambi first things work as normal, but (as far as i know this is the only issue) the material override seems to no longer work for attacking creatures.

Note: using 1.42 of the PCO edited 8/4/2021, and your newest version of the mod. I did notice the shield module fix (1.30) seemed to patch things fine though. I don't know if any other features have been overwritten.

P.S, thanks for this mod, and merry christmas!
P.P.S i'm almost content to simply play with the mod broken simply because i wonder if the combination of the two things working conjointly would make shielding OP. I'd rather play with PCO over AMBI ultimately because vanilla combat absolutely sucks, and even with the wonky weapons its much better. of course, it seems AMBI does work in everything BUT the shield blocking (minus the buckler which works fine). so, idk.

anyhow, merry christmas to you as well, sipping hot cocoa and playing daggerfall is my jam :)

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

daggerdude wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 2:00 pm From AMBI:
Oh hey, i just noticed something: Physical Combat and Armor Overhaul changes the way shields work, and i do recall an autopatcher being used, but i wanted to be sure:
Ambidexterities shield blocking is overwritten or not functioning on the hold shield function (bucklers work fine) - attacks and damage are not blocked at all, but PCO does use it's formula to calculate damage. Is this intentional?

I did try isolating and swapping the load order with exactly 4 mods: realism, realism items, PCO, and AMBI, to putting PCO AFTER and not BEFORE Ambi and putting Ambi first things work as normal, but (as far as i know this is the only issue) the material override seems to no longer work for attacking creatures.

Note: using 1.42 of the PCO edited 8/4/2021, and your newest version of the mod. I did notice the shield module fix (1.30) seemed to patch things fine though. I don't know if any other features have been overwritten.

P.S, thanks for this mod, and merry christmas!
P.P.S i'm almost content to simply play with the mod broken simply because i wonder if the combination of the two things working conjointly would make shielding OP. I'd rather play with PCO over AMBI ultimately because vanilla combat absolutely sucks, and even with the wonky weapons its much better. of course, it seems AMBI does work in everything BUT the shield blocking (minus the buckler which works fine). so, idk.

anyhow, merry christmas to you as well, sipping hot cocoa and playing daggerfall is my jam :)
Yeah, I don't personally have any plans on doing stuff to make the two mods compatible with the most recent versions of DFU. As Blessed was the one doing all the work in that department, and I was just doing my best to try and understand how any of it was working, lol.

daggerdude

Post by daggerdude »

Oh, no worries, just letting you know. I play with PCO first and foremost so it doesn't necessarily bother me if my shield hold not working is the only thing not working. 😊

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

daggerdude wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 12:24 am Oh, no worries, just letting you know. I play with PCO first and foremost so it doesn't necessarily bother me if my shield hold not working is the only thing not working. 😊
Glad you enjoy the mod, eventually I hope to get back to implementing those listed "planned features" on the anchor post for this mod, lol.

Regnier

Post by Regnier »

I wonder if overall damage can be added to character attributes. So if you take a lot of damage from an enemy (nearly died or took a crit) there would be some lingering harm.

That could be a reduced value for that vital or some other effect but im thinking resting or something should be one of the only ways to restore that. High endurance/willpower helps

Damaged health could make you more susceptible to poison and disease

Damaged fatigue could make you more likely to get hit and take damage

Damaged magic could negatively effects magic rolls

Unobtrusive text could remind the player when in this state. Medical becomes more useful

daggerdude

Post by daggerdude »

hey silly question, is this still compatible with the newest DF build?

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

daggerdude wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:42 am hey silly question, is this still compatible with the newest DF build?
As far as I'm aware it is still fine with the latest versions of DFU. Atleast nobody has complained to me otherwise yet.