[Mod] Physical Combat And Armor Overhaul

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Magicono43

Re: [Mod] Physical Combat And Armor Overhaul

Post by Magicono43 »

Released Updated Version Compatible With DFU v0.10.26, on 9/23/2020.

WARNING: WILL NOT WORK in older DFU versions, at or before 0.10.24.

Also, thanks to TheLacus, load order should not matter as much in this latest version, as the problem that was being caused in previous version has been fixed thanks to being able to now "Pre-compile" mods during the building process. I would still suggest keeping this near the bottom of the load order, but there should be less potential for messing up other mods during initialization even with a less than optimal load-order.

emmathepony

Post by emmathepony »

All these changes make sense, never tried this mod before but I will now! :D

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

emmathepony wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:44 pm All these changes make sense, never tried this mod before but I will now! :D
Hope it is to your tastes, I would heavily recommend having this with Meaner Monsters as well (make sure this mod is loaded below MM though.) I altered that and all the enemies to hopefully have a better balance. As my first post says at the bottom, I hope to add even more to this, but I've been a bit lazy recently, lol.

Regnier

Post by Regnier »

Hey this looks great.

ive skimmed through the nexus and this thread and im still unsure of the level of compatibility with other mods.

can you tell me what the incompatible mods are? thanks

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

Regnier wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:11 am Hey this looks great.

ive skimmed through the nexus and this thread and im still unsure of the level of compatibility with other mods.

There really should not be many "incompatible" mods that are currently out there. The main thing you need to know is that some mods override the same formula that this mod does, so depending on how you have your load order set up, one or the other will get priority over those overridden formula. So if you want this mod specifically to do all that it can without other mods taking over certain formula then you should basically always have this mod at the BOTTOM of the load order, or as close to the bottom as possible.

Regnier

Post by Regnier »

Magicono43 wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:40 am
Regnier wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:11 am Hey this looks great.

There really should not be many "incompatible" mods that are currently out there. The main thing you need to know is that some mods override the same formula that this mod does, so depending on how you have your load order set up, one or the other will get priority over those overridden formula. So if you want this mod specifically to do all that it can without other mods taking over certain formula then you should basically always have this mod at the BOTTOM of the load order, or as close to the bottom as possible.
makes sense. by this time you may have heard what some of the intersecting mods are, can you please list them if you do?

and im ok with some weirdness but i dont want things to break or crash. Is that a risk?

Thanks again!

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

No, there should be no risk of crashing from this mod specifically, but anything is possible, if anything was going to crash, this would probably be one of the last mods to be the primary cause for that.

I can't really list the mods that currently have overlapping uses of formulas besides maybe Races Redone, Roleplay Realism, and likely a few unreleased mods. But like I said, the only "issue" this has is that whatever mod gets loaded last gets priority for using their version of whatever formula.

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

Released v1.30, Which adds the "Soft Material Requirements" module. This module allows any entity to be damaged by any weapon, despite the material it is made from. However, there is a heavy damage penalty for using less than the minimum required material, this penalty increases as the material values get further away from each other.

Regnier

Post by Regnier »

great addition!

can you add a text that says (this material isnt very effective) or something similar so the player is aware there might be a better material? Maybe on the first and then every third hit?

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

Regnier wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:02 am great addition!

can you add a text that says (this material isnt very effective) or something similar so the player is aware there might be a better material? Maybe on the first and then every third hit?
I would if I knew how to, as of right now my version will spam less than the vanilla version did, since it requires you to actually hit the enemy before it shows that text, whereas in vanilla it said it every-time you took a swing, even if you missed. Currently I don't know a decent way to limit the amount of times the message can pop-up per enemy.