[MOD] Races Redone

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Floppy N'Wah

Re: [MOD] Races Redone

Post by Floppy N'Wah »

Just wanted to say thank you man. I had asked for more racial differences in the creator corner or whatever. Anywho loving your mods man. I always roleplay as a Dunmer and love what you are doing.

now all I need is someone to make a tribunal mod so I can worship my ancestors and the living Gods like a true 2nd era Dunmer. ALMSIVI may lord Vivec forever smile upon your great works

Ommamar

Post by Ommamar »

Jhonrock wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:06 pm Nice mod man!

I've been asking myself for a while now why the races attributes differences did not apply when creating a custom class. It didn't made sense for me because the customized option was the class not the race.

But I would like an option to keep all the other race aspects intact, just to be more faithfull to the original game.

QUESTION: A race with "resistance to something" means this race will start with 75% resistance that type of damage, right? So, if on character creation I pick the same resistance advantage, will I have 100% defense against it? It will be a good option to not burn the advantage points.
Last edited by Ommamar on Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Ommamar wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:30 pm
Jhonrock wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:06 pm Nice mod man!

I've been asking myself for a while now why the races attributes differences did not apply when creating a custom class. It didn't made sense for me because the customized option was the class not the race.

But I would like an option to keep all the other race aspects intact, just to be more faithfull to the original game.

QUESTION: A race with "resistance to something" means this race will start with 75% resistance that type of damage, right? So, if on character creation I pick the same resistance advantage, will I have 100% defense against it? It will be a good option to not burn the advantage points.
I will have to do some searching on the forums or maybe a developer can jump in to clarify, I recall in other discussion that when making the custom classes you choice to give resistance as an advantage over rode the racial resistance. Now with this mod that might of been changed around so what you propose might be possible but I didn't really see that explained in the description.
Not quite, as far as I've gathered. There's a separate version of resistance for racial resistance. Your actual resistance is a sum of class resistance and race resistance. So, for example, your race might give you a bonus to magic resistance, then a class weakness to magic would more or less even out your magic resistance.

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

Is there a way to get rid of the breathmeter bar? I'm playing as an argonian and it's just there all the time.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Sandro wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:24 pm Is there a way to get rid of the breathmeter bar? I'm playing as an argonian and it's just there all the time.
Also when you’re not under water?

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

It's been there since I made the character. I went into a dungeon just now and dove down, got back up, it's still there. I'm on the most recent DFU Windows build and the most recent version of the mod that I could see on the nexus.

Also got some issues with the levelup adjuster mod. The attribute per level works just fine, but it doesn't give the class hp per level that I set in custom class, that still gets randomized. I've got the Change Hit Points ticked, I've got the Max hit points slider set to Class Max HP, the minimum slider set to Maximum Hit Points, Median is unticked, Retroactive Endurance is ticked.

The class hp is 30, current endurance bonus is +3, so I should be going from 55 to 88. But sometimes it takes me to 91? Is this just a case of me missing something?

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Hm, just made an Argonian now and he does not have a bar for breath.

Check that you're using v1.2 of Races Redone?

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

Yup, the version's 1.2. Does the mod need to have a special priority in the modlist? The only mods I have that affect stats and/or races (afaik)are Races Redone, Levelup Adjuster, Magicka Regeneration.

I made little install on the side with only Races Redone as a mod. I still have the bar when I make the new character. I wonder if there's some basegame setting that I might've hit by mistake somewhere.

Update: I backed up and then resetted my appdata files related to Daggerunity, thinking that must've been the issue. I started up with only Races Redone, changed nothing in any other options in DFU, other than setting the mod itself to the Modern state. The yellow breathbar is still there as a constant, right after character creation.

Antony89

Post by Antony89 »

(DFU 0.10.24) Some races with modern setting do not show the racial perks when clicking on history. Breton for example have added spell points (in background, checking the spellbook) but no magic resistance showed. I do not know if it is just when pressing history and there is in background or it does not work at all. With Altmers instead it shows everything (spell points and resistance/immunity/weakness perks), i have not checked other races.

A suggestion then, i would change the description about class advantages (adding a readme too) specifing that spell points multipliers from classes and races works together without problem, in the way its written now i could be not obvious.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

True, some of the effects of the mod just uses the exisitng mechanics, while others poke stuff under the hood. I'll take a look at how to edit the descriptions.

Btw, I updated this yesterday with a fix to the argonian breath meter thing. Hopefully it's fixed now.