[MOD] Races Redone

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
ACNAero

Re: [MOD] Races Redone

Post by ACNAero »

Antony89 wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:30 pm (DFU 0.10.24) Some races with modern setting do not show the racial perks when clicking on history. Breton for example have added spell points (in background, checking the spellbook) but no magic resistance showed. I do not know if it is just when pressing history and there is in background or it does not work at all. With Altmers instead it shows everything (spell points and resistance/immunity/weakness perks), i have not checked other races.
Yeah, something weird about the unmodded game is that only the bonuses that show up in the history tab are Nord frost resistance and Altmer paralysis immunity, all other races’ bonuses don’t show. And since Breton magic resistance is the vanilla race bonus, it’s not showing on the history tab because of said weirdness.

Antony89

Post by Antony89 »

So they are actually working but some do not shows in the "descriptions/history"?

ACNAero

Post by ACNAero »

Yeah. Bretons have +30% resistance according to the code, and it’s perfectly functional. It’s just not showing in the history tab because Daggerfall be weird like that.

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

The breathmeter on argonians thing persists for me, on the newest version. Same deal on newly made character as with old character.

Antony89

Post by Antony89 »

What does it mean "Physical Combat and Armor Overhaul is version 1.15 but this mod require version 1.16 or higher"? There isnt a 1.16 of PCAO :lol: :lol:

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

Antony89 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:40 am What does it mean "Physical Combat and Armor Overhaul is version 1.15 but this mod require version 1.16 or higher"? There isnt a 1.16 of PCAO :lol: :lol:
Ralzar put in a PR request for PCAO, but i'm trying to get any of my other mods to work with 0.10.25, so i'm not really trying to add any changes to mods that I don't even know are working yet, otherwise it will make even more confusion to the mix if those changes cause problems when I do start testing for PCAO in 0.10.25.

Teralitha

Post by Teralitha »

Khajiit
+10 END, +10INT, +10 AG, -20 WIL, -10 PER
Acute Hearing
Athleticism
Hand to Hand ToHit & Damage: + Level / 2
Short Blade ToHit & Damage: + Level / 4
Classic Bonus: +30 to Climbing checks
I made a khajiit character with hand to hand primary. However, I dont think im getting the bonus damage per level/2. When I view the skills, the damage displayed doesnt change to include a bonus. It displays 4-8 damage with 35% skill which I believe is the same as classic. I am level 6 now, so I should be getting 7-11 right? I cant tell if chance to hit is working either. I dont notice any difference in combat with regards to doing more damage and hitting more often.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Those bonuses will unfortunatly not show up in the character screen. They mod part of the combat formula itself.
Problem is, other mods might mod the same bit of formla and so the load order will decide which mods effects is used.
I know Physical Combat and Armor Overhaul does not touch the same bit of the forumla I mod.

But with Daggerfall it is often hard to see what is working and not when it comes to combat formulas :D

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

v1.3.5 out.

I added mod settings that lets you either halve or remove the attribute adjustments for modern rules.
So instead of
+/- 20
+/- 10

you can do
+/- 10
+/- 5

Or just remove the attribute adjustments.

I decided to do this after testing out playing with Ironman Options for a while. I also use LevelUp Adjuster to give myself -10 to all attributes at character creation. Combined with Races Redone this just led to too many cases of stats starting so abysmally low you had to spend the first 5 or so levels just trying to fix the character.

Edit: 1.3.6 I mean, since I just had to do a little bugfix :D

Daedros

Post by Daedros »

This mod still working with the latest DFU version? Been awhile since the mod's been updated. So do the Combat Bonuses (+ToHit/Damage) work retroactively on a pre-existing char when installing the mod, or do they only function when the character is created with the mod already active?

Plus, any particular reason Argonians get ShortBlade damage bonus? Hand To Hand would make more sense, since Argonians receive an Unarmed damage bonus in TES V: Skyrim due to their claws, and in "The Infernal City" TES novels, the main Argonian char "Mere-Glim" uses his claws to disembowel a Sheartooth (basically a giant Slaughterfish).