[MOD] Dodge Module Released

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Jay_H

Re: [MOD] Dodge Module Released

Post by Jay_H »

I've installed Dodge Mod along with others, and get this curious event upon game load if I spam the Dodge button (left control):

https://gfycat.com/famousbadgrub

This effect persists even if I load the save again or load a different save. I have to exit DFU entirely and start over to be on normal elevation.

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

Do you want me to post it here or on the Nexus ?
I'm going to post it here now because I'm lazy :D

Works for me, only thing is it goes after roleplay realism this time, and I put it before roleplay realism items..
If you don't the Dodge mod scripts starting prompt never shows up and it doesn't seem to work.
Now when I put it at the bottom the script notice showed up but it didn't do anything so something ( maybe the third person camera,FOV adjuster, post processing what have you), I didn't go through the mods so I don't know for sure but when I put it at the bottom something was messing it up too..

So I moved it in the middle and it seems to work fine, it even works on the horse.
I have not tried the wagon yet but it's on the to do list cuz it's Sunday and I'm lazy:D

I think you should increase the volume of Lee Dodge sound, we need more oomph or put a slider for that if you can.

I need some instructions to configure it to work with my mouse buttons I have got a trackball with four including the scroll wheel button ( clicking on it doesn't set it), or figure out how to make the different clicks be set as the key typing it in doesnt seem to work for me.

It would be cool if we got some kind of wind tunnel effect because my Dodges are 2.5 and I'm thinking about going up (would look cool).
The Dodge speed set to 8 to make it zippy ( above 1 you dodged like a wooden table).
I think the speed setting is cool a lot of roleplay stuff could happen with this ( play a really slow guy that hits like a Mack truck for instance).

Sometimes when you dodge it doesn't do it in the direction you're moving ( I was walking left and I kept dodging right, until I ran around a little bit and then it did it left). - this is the only thing that's kind of funky but since I don't know if it's a mod or the fact that there is so much going on under the hood I don't really consider it a bug or anything just something funky that happens sometimes, it doesn't break gameplay it's just kind of inconsistent..

That's my impression so far I dig it
Check out my YouTube Channel!

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

Thanks.

I was just working on it some. Watch out for dungeon entrances. I found, there is a small clipping showing between the dungeon mound and the world.

If you crouch move fast enough, while looking down at the seem, you will clip through the world and fall from the sky then splat on the ground. I have not found any other clipping issues yet. Tried replicating this with buildings, walls, and dungeons, and can only cause it with dungeon mounds.

Also, I think there may be a bug with hitting walls and weapons getting stuck or something like that. Mentioned on Nexus posts.
My Daggerfall Mod Github: l3lessed DFU Mod Github

My Beth Mods: l3lessed Nexus Page

Daggerfall Unity mods: Combat Overhaul Mod

Enjoy the free work I'm doing? Consider lending your support.

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

Newer less bug prone version will drop once I figure out why base DFU keeps pumping out this error when I try to load the mod file:
ModManager - started loading mod: Dodge Module
(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

Error (): Index was outside the bounds of the array.
Anyone know why my mod would randomly not load into the index array? The code is the same for launching the mod as the previous version that works fine. I can only imagine I fubared something in the compile process, but I keep deleting out ever mod file and then rebuilding it from nothing using my script file. Every time, I still get out of index error. :oops:

Once I can fix that and upload the new version here are the changes:
  • If not moving at all, dodge direction always defaults to a backwards dodge to make it more usable when standing still while fighting.
  • Weapons lower during parry.
  • Cannot attack or parry until your completely done with parry animation/roll. Aka, compatible with ambidexterity module since it uses same base script fpsWeapon.cs weaponstate object to check if player is attacking or parrying.
  • Multiple state checks to ensure player always returns to default state once dodging it done, no matter what happens during the dodge.
  • Change lerp to smooth a little bit slower to give more natural dodge/roll feel to camera.
  • Rolling into enemies is the same as a wall. You will leave dodge immediately, be open to an attack, and go back to default state.

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

Pushed newest version and updated nexus. All bugs smashed outside one to do with how the engine sets up the dungeon entrance mounds.

Also, fixed dodge feigning. It actually works now. Let go of the dodge key early and you pull out of the dodge twice as fast, but open yourself up to being hit early too.

Be careful dodging around dungeon entrances. You may accidently clip/teleport into the sky, if you hit the spot perfectly where the terrain is cut out and the mound added. I can't fix this either, as its an issue with the terrain being removed for the mound dungeon entrance.

As for the Key issue, are you using the proper keycode property name matching the caps? https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/KeyCode.html

Gilga

Post by Gilga »

There seem to be an issue with this mod.
If you bump into something, character automatically draws a weapon/hand, making it impossible to climb.
0.10.27 version.

Mythraen

Post by Mythraen »

Copying my post from Nexus:
Changing the dodge key to 'a' makes it simply not work, even though nothing else is bound to 'a.'
Resetting the mod returns it to left control. Left control then works.
For the sake of testing, I then switched it to 'a' again, and again, it does not work.
This is Dodge Module 2.0.
Edit: I saw your comment about caps, though I didn't quite understand it. Regardless, I tried changing it from 'a' to "A" and this made it work.
I'm glad it works, but this is a very... obtuse problem. I don't know if this is something you can fix, or if it's something the DFU author would need to correct.
Edit2: Now that I have it working... it's not my cup of tea. Most games with a dodge have it be the dominant action. In those games, whatever you're doing, dodge interrupts it. I feel this makes for better feeling and fluid combat. Honestly, I think I might be able to just back-pedal away from the mobs for a similar effect, without having to time my attacks around theirs.
Edit3: I have my jump key bound to 'd' which is completely unrelated to the dodge module and either its default keybind or the new keybind I assigned.
With Dodge Module enabled, when I jump, I also ready weapon. This does not happen with Dodge Module disabled.

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

Fixed reported issues. Also, dodge can only be done when idle and on ground now. I don't want to allow attack interrupts, as you can't prep an attack and dodge at the same time in life. May allow early interrupts, like frame 1 and 0 of attacks can still dodge, but after that your locked into attack.

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

I've decided I'll add in an interrupt option under settings on next update, which will allow you to dodge up to 20% of your attack/block time. After that, you're locked into the attack/block. This will provide a more fluid option that allows attack/block interrupt up to the classic raycast hit detection point. Once the engine shoots out raycast and checks if something was hit, you will not be able to dodge anymore.

josephkeen

Post by josephkeen »

Where do I use the unity keycode properties to set a keybind (sorry for being an idiot)?