[MOD] Advanced Teleportation released

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Regnier

Re: [MOD] Advanced Teleportation released

Post by Regnier »

maybe a lighter version should be available. This seems to be relatively intensive to fix a small aspect.

This is a great idea though, even just adding an option to see if you have an anchor placed and where.

fosley

Post by fosley »

So I know you've mentioned problems with newer versions in the OP, but, if it's helpful, my specific problem is that on 0.10.26, this mod and Unleveled Spells both show up in my mods list, then have zero effect in game. I don't get the prompt that Unleveled Spells is active, the ADVANCED-TELEPORT-KILL command doesn't show up in the console, and my spell effects continue like normal.

As to the mod itself, an option for teleportation anchors to appear in real-space would be cool. Then I could just glance at the anchor point to see whether I re-anchored after teleporting or not.

Additionally, it would be nice to (optionally, for the more hardcore) remove the anchor-disappears-on-use mechanism, then add some method of clearing an anchor. Maybe control+shift+clicking on the anchor when one of the menus is up would delete that anchor.
billyloist wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:42 amMaybe even add a new "Divine Intervention" effect like in Morrowind that will teleport the player towards the nearest temple, if it's possible.
Along these lines, I would love a spell that simply sends me back to the dungeon entrance. If I could get this mod working, it's not hard to just set an anchor at the entrance, then another anchor where I'm at in the dungeon, port one way, unload, port back, resume clearing the dungeon. But I like the freedom to just delve into the dungeon then worry about getting out later.

millyrainbow

Post by millyrainbow »

fosley wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:13 pm So I know you've mentioned problems with newer versions in the OP, but, if it's helpful, my specific problem is that on 0.10.26, this mod and Unleveled Spells both show up in my mods list, then have zero effect in game. I don't get the prompt that Unleveled Spells is active, the ADVANCED-TELEPORT-KILL command doesn't show up in the console, and my spell effects continue like normal.
Reporting the same problems as this post under the same version (0.10.26), though im only using this mod, not unleveled spells. Im unsure if theres mods conflicting or not though, and its done mid playthrough. I havent done an clean install.

fosley

Post by fosley »

I tested both Advanced Teleportation and Unleveled Spells (independently) with no other mods active except DREAM - HUD & MENU (mouse cursor was acting up and I couldn't see the default pointer for some reason), using a brand new save. Had to hack my save file real quick so I could afford the Recall spell, but it had the same effect of using the default effect.

meritamas

Post by meritamas »

Hi everybody. What I managed so far is to get it to work with 0.10.27. That wasn't a big effort.

Important thing: it may have been just my mod configuration but I got a report that the terrain sampler has been changed and the player repositioned. Then, when I tried to teleport to one of the anchors I had made with a previous version of DFU, I got teleported high into the sky (or below ground level) - I was falling away from everything I could detect. Weird. When I made an anchor via DFU 0.10.27 and teleported to it, it worked like normal.

Will try to find more time in the future to get back to the issues reported and suggestions given. For now, I'd like to thank everybody for their input.
Interest in expanding and improving the Magic system, Capitalism and an Unleveled World.

My main quest in the DFU community is my (Mostly) Magic Mod.

Baler

Post by Baler »

Bump, Currently isn't working with Daggerfall Unity Version 0.11.1

Unable to craft the teleport spell.
Can buy default teleport spell(s) but the spell teleport isn't attached to them
Talk on the nexus posts is that using teleport also freezes the game.

Would love to see this mod updated. :!:

meritamas

Post by meritamas »

Baler wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:05 am Bump, Currently isn't working with Daggerfall Unity Version 0.11.1

Unable to craft the teleport spell.
Can buy default teleport spell(s) but the spell teleport isn't attached to them
Talk on the nexus posts is that using teleport also freezes the game.

Would love to see this mod updated. :!:
Appreciate the feedback. Unfortunately, these last few months I have a lot less time available for DFU related activity than I'd like. Will probably wait for 0.11.2 and get this mod to work with that version.

If I remember right, 0.11.1 is out a few weeks now, so it should only take a few more weeks until 0.11.2 comes out.
I will also try and find time to read the posts on Nexus. Will probably be able to fix some of the issues I wasn't able to fix before because I have more insight into debugging now - if I ever get to it... I have a strong internal commitment to do these things... I'd say it will take some time but, eventually, I will get to it.

Jarlyjarljarl

Post by Jarlyjarljarl »

This mod no longer functions in the newest DFU and causes crashes.

meritamas

Post by meritamas »

Once again, I thank everyone for their feedback. Saying farewell to this thread, I will not be updating (possibly not even reading it) any more. My hopes are that Advanced Teleportation will see more good years as part of my (Mostly) Magic Mod.

Will not be updating this thread. Please check out MeriTamas's (Mostly) Magic Mod here.
Interest in expanding and improving the Magic system, Capitalism and an Unleveled World.

My main quest in the DFU community is my (Mostly) Magic Mod.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

With meritamas' permission, locking this thread. Go check out the Mostly Magic Mod instead! :)