[MOD] Shield Module

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
l3lessed

Re: [MOD]Shield Module

Post by l3lessed »

3.1.1 dropped.

This is only a developer update.

Because of the wonderful assistance Magicon has been providing me in the patching department, I was able to figure out where some issues would arise for developers not familiar with my mod or the full object language process. To help with this, I did the following to the developer package:
  • Added a README to help explain the files in the package and link developers to the development article.
  • Added my custom CalculateAttackDamage method and the script file it is stored in for developers to see how I use it to run the shield module and create compatibility.
  • Added custom mod patch script file for developers to see first method Physical Combat & Overhaul mod uses to create compatible with the CalculateAttackDamage method.
  • Added custom mod patch script file for developers to see a second method Physical Combat & Overhaul mod uses to create compatible with the CalculateAttackDamage method.
In 3.1.2, I will be adding a few more small things to the script for developers. It will provide a little more control and options for sub-features/mods.

Off to 4th celebrations. Will enjoy my family and few friends during this turbulent time. I hope everyone else is having a wonderful day, even those not celebrating the 4th here in America.
My Daggerfall Mod Github: l3lessed DFU Mod Github

My Beth Mods: l3lessed Nexus Page

Daggerfall Unity mods: Combat Overhaul Mod

Enjoy the free work I'm doing? Consider lending your support.

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

one last quick update. 3.2.

Quick bug fix to compatibility patching.

Also, For mod developers, added a publicly accessible object for the enemy you hit with bash, and also an accessible int for the damage you deal.

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

After giving your compatibility patch for my mod a try, I figure I may as well ask out of curiosity. Is it a bug or intended, that when using a kite-shield or tower-shield that your character basically becomes unable to be hit, as well as seeming to bash the enemy every few seconds?

I think the balance might be lost on me since I usually test with Toggle God Mode active, so maybe my stamina should be getting dropped significantly over this duration.

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

It's the god mod issue. Everything costs fatigue to balance out the damage blocking.

If holding block, you should not take direct damage. Instead it costs fatigue; 1 damage = 1 fatigue (This is the back-end fatigue numbers that are usually in the thousands). The cost is also reduced by up to 80% based on agility to reward players who train their fighters more. This can be adjusted in mod settings for your balance needs.

If your shield is raised, and you press attack, it should bash. Again, it cost fatigue, that becomes not sustainable very quickly if you spam bash. The cost increases the more strength/bulkier you are and damage you can deal, but again, can be reduced by up to 80% with agility. 1 strength stat point = 1 fatigue.

The numbers can be balanced in the mod settings for fatigue costs to give it the balance you want.

This is built with the idea that it will hook up with my end project, which will remove hit chance completely.

The idea will be to use this mod, with dodge mod (once I debug it again), plus other things I'm working on to give the player an alternative to the old school chance based diced mechanics.

As for bash spamming automatically, check your keybindings. You may have attack and block bound together, so when you block, you bash too. I've done that before.

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

Alright, roger that, just wanted to make sure nothing funky was going on outside of your design philosophy, thanks.

BoneofMalkav

Re: [MOD] Shield Module

Post by BoneofMalkav »

Sadly not working with 0.10.26.

Lokkrin Zhataros

Post by Lokkrin Zhataros »

Any plans on updating the mod? Unfortunately it's currently not working with 0.10.26. I miss being able to actually use a shield. :)

imsobadatnicknames

Post by imsobadatnicknames »

Lokkrin Zhataros wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:22 pm Any plans on updating the mod? Unfortunately it's currently not working with 0.10.26. I miss being able to actually use a shield. :)
This poject has kinda been absorbed into Ambidexterity module. Ambidexterity module is still under developement, but it works in 10.26 and adds the same functionality as this mod as well as the ability to dual-wield weapons. I've been playtesting for it for a couple weeks to help I3lessed find bugs with it, and as far as I can tell it's almost ready for release, he just needs to work out the particle effects system. You can find it in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3948
Released mods: https://www.nexusmods.com/users/5141135 ... files&BH=0
Daggerfall isn't the only ridiculously intrincate fantasy world simulator with the initials DF that I make mods for: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177071.0

Lokkrin Zhataros

Post by Lokkrin Zhataros »

imsobadatnicknames wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:37 am
Lokkrin Zhataros wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:22 pm Any plans on updating the mod? Unfortunately it's currently not working with 0.10.26. I miss being able to actually use a shield. :)
This poject has kinda been absorbed into Ambidexterity module. Ambidexterity module is still under developement, but it works in 10.26 and adds the same functionality as this mod as well as the ability to dual-wield weapons. I've been playtesting for it for a couple weeks to help I3lessed find bugs with it, and as far as I can tell it's almost ready for release, he just needs to work out the particle effects system. You can find it in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3948&start=100
Thank you very much! I forgot about the Ambidexterity mod, I'll give it a try! :)

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

Thanks for redirecting him.

I did do a quick update to this mod last night. It works again as a stand alone mod for 10.25+.

I'll get a patch together for Physical Combat, as I need to do it for Ambidexterity Module anyway; that mod is getting close to public drop.