[MOD] Readied Spellcasting Hands

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
King of Worms

Re: [MOD] Readied Spellcasting Hands

Post by King of Worms »

Thanks a lot for swift implementation 😊 I will include the new hands in next release of dream. I plan on extending the recomended mod descriptions with something like "synegy" sign, so its evident the mods are ready to be used together in a way they enhance each other. That will go with a thanks to the mod author 😊

jefetienne

Post by jefetienne »

King of Worms wrote: ↑Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:34 am Thanks a lot for swift implementation 😊 I will include the new hands in next release of dream. I plan on extending the recomended mod descriptions with something like "synegy" sign, so its evident the mods are ready to be used together in a way they enhance each other. That will go with a thanks to the mod author 😊
That's exciting! You're welcome :)
El jefe, Etienne
Nexus Mods | GitHub

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

After lots of testing and reworking I think I have a final version. I like all hands now... went a bit further than just a auras, but kept it from going over the top. Also, tested it a lot while firing the spells, and the new frames go well with the rest of the animation. I think we did a great job here for spell casting characters :) Ive updated the DREAM description at Nexus to include your mod as a 1st synergy mod with a download link redirecting to your mods nexus page.
DaggerfallUnity 2020-11-20 23-20-29.jpg
DaggerfallUnity 2020-11-20 23-20-29.jpg (748.97 KiB) Viewed 2425 times

jefetienne

Post by jefetienne »

King of Worms wrote: ↑Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:26 pm After lots of testing and reworking I think I have a final version. I like all hands now... went a bit further than just a auras, but kept it from going over the top. Also, tested it a lot while firing the spells, and the new frames go well with the rest of the animation. I think we did a great job here for spell casting characters :) Ive updated the DREAM description at Nexus to include your mod as a 1st synergy mod with a download link redirecting to your mods nexus page.

DaggerfallUnity 2020-11-20 23-20-29.jpg
Those look incredible! I'm actually very excited to use this once it's ready. And thank you for adding this mod to the description :) (my name has a typo in it though hehe, sorry)
El jefe, Etienne
Nexus Mods | GitHub

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Thank you! And sorry about the typo, its corrected now ;)

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

So is this mod ready for mod releases forum now? Happy to move it for you if it is.

Also, maybe I am showing my age a bit here, but when I looked at the readied hands pictures all I thought of was "Jus' like that". :lol:

(wonder how many will get the reference?)
Spoiler!
Tommy Cooper
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

jefetienne

Post by jefetienne »

Hazelnut wrote: ↑Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:25 pm So is this mod ready for mod releases forum now? Happy to move it for you if it is.

Also, maybe I am showing my age a bit here, but when I looked at the readied hands pictures all I thought of was "Jus' like that". :lol:

(wonder how many will get the reference?)
Spoiler!
Tommy Cooper
Yes, in fact all of my mod posts tagged as [MOD] are ready to be moved to the Released forum (I know a few of my mods were automatically moved there, but I wasn't sure if that was the norm or not). And unfortunately I did not get the reference, but I have only heard about him through his passing on BBC a while ago :(
El jefe, Etienne
Nexus Mods | GitHub

Opcero

Post by Opcero »

Any chance for this mod to work a bit better with the retro control panel icons at the bottom of the screen? All I see are readied fingertips unfortunatley.

jefetienne

Post by jefetienne »

Opcero wrote: ↑Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:12 pm Any chance for this mod to work a bit better with the retro control panel icons at the bottom of the screen? All I see are readied fingertips unfortunatley.
Oh no!

Yes, I'll look into fixing this when I get the chance.
El jefe, Etienne
Nexus Mods | GitHub

jefetienne

Post by jefetienne »

So after investigating the issue with my mod, it turns out that the unmodded spellcasting animation is also not offset by the large HUD. I just made a fix for this and hopefully it will come next release. :) As a result, I will apply the same fix to the mod once it gets released.
El jefe, Etienne
Nexus Mods | GitHub